Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

20 Wins

Started by Baconomics, May 13, 2017, 03:06:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Baconomics

May 13, 2017, 03:06:36 pm Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 03:17:44 pm by nesjunk
With LSU sweeping the flailing Auburn Tigers today, it is evident that at least one team in the West will reach 20 conference wins.  Even if Georgia manages to steal one from Mississippi State, the Bulldogs will square off against LSU in the final series of the season, both with 18 wins.  No matter how you slice it, someone gets to 20.  The Hogs can still get there, but there is no room for error.

TikiHog

we need LSU and Florida to sweep next week...we really need a bye into the double elimination part

Baconomics

With Georgia beating MSU today, the Hogs still have a shot if everyone finishes with 19 wins!  Go Hogs!

rlreev01

Hogs go to sweep TAMU and MSU got to win 2 of 3 vs LSU next weekend for Arky to win the West.

southarkhog06

how frustrating is it that we are basically 2 poorly timed errors away from being in the drivers seat for the west(and probably a National Seed).

Birminghog

Quote from: TikiHog on May 13, 2017, 10:39:03 pm
we need LSU and Florida to sweep next week...we really need a bye into the double elimination part

Isn't out only chance of winning the West sweeping A&M & LSU winning 2 of 3? If LSU sweeps, our best finish is 2nd, no?

jmingram911

Quote from: Birminghog on May 14, 2017, 06:14:10 pm
Isn't out only chance of winning the West sweeping A&M & LSU winning 2 of 3? If LSU sweeps, our best finish is 2nd, no?

If Lsu sweeps: they win the west. Ark would only need 1 win to finish 2nd in the West.

If MSU sweeps (and we sweep) : they win the west despite our head to head advantage. They played one more game in sec than us. LSU likely finishes 3rd

If MSU wins series (and we sweep): WE WIN WEST. Bc we both have 19 wins they have one more sec loss than us.

If LSU wins series: it doesn't matter what we do, LSU will win the west. Now.... if hogs win 2/3 we would be tied in SEC with MSU and I think by h-2-h we are 2nd, MSU 3rd. If we lose series(in any manner) we finish 3rd.

Check me but I'm pretty sure I'm correct.

bighog2255

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 14, 2017, 04:34:23 pm
how frustrating is it that we are basically 2 poorly timed errors away from being in the drivers seat for the west(and probably a National Seed).

A lot of teams can play that game. A few games we won that we should have lost too. We are what we are.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: jmingram911 on May 14, 2017, 07:09:16 pm
If Lsu sweeps: they win the west. Ark would only need 1 win to finish 2nd in the West.

If MSU sweeps (and we sweep) : they win the west despite our head to head advantage. They played one more game in sec than us. LSU likely finishes 3rd

If MSU wins series (and we sweep): WE WIN WEST. Bc we both have 19 wins they have one more sec loss than us.

If LSU wins series: it doesn't matter what we do, LSU will win the west. Now.... if hogs win 2/3 we would be tied in SEC with MSU and I think by h-2-h we are 2nd, MSU 3rd. If we lose series(in any manner) we finish 3rd.

Check me but I'm pretty sure I'm correct.
This is correct.  We have to look at our most likely scenario for finishing in the top 4 in conference to get the bye in the SECT.  Winning the West would be awesome, but sweeping A&M on the road is not likely.  Best chance for us to finish top 4 is for LSU to sweep or at least go 2-1 this weekend and knock MSU behind us.

code red

Quote from: rlreev01 on May 14, 2017, 04:24:28 pm
Hogs go to sweep TAMU and MSU got to win 2 of 3 vs LSU next weekend for Arky to win the West.
Yeah don't see that happening LSU sweeping and us taking 2 from A&M would be enough to host more than likely.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou