Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Army Warrant Officers

Started by SmokinHog, May 10, 2017, 10:25:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinHog

Any Army WOs locally? NWA / River Valley .... specifically, aviators.. Ive got a few questions, and am a prior service USAF vet. If I remember correctly, we have 1 or 2 Apache pilots on the board. Thanks in advance.

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

SmokinHog

Quote from: The Chief on May 13, 2017, 04:02:52 pm
Just one. What's up?

I am in the process of getting a package together for WOFT and was just wanting to talk with someone on the inside in regards of what to expect during the pipeline and just kind of go over the ins and outs of active duty as a warrant officer. Also need to meet FTF with someone to give me the stamp of approval before the board. Any help would be great.

(I was previously registered under a different username since 2006 but it got deleted) Im not a newbie.

Thanks - Drew

Ragnar Hogbrok

Well, I'm in Alabama instructing at Rucker currently with no plans to come home to Arkansas until Christmas at least.

We currently need more Apache pilots than are currently being assessed. Your chances are pretty good of being selected as long as you have a competitive board file.

Being a warrant is better than being anything else, but we're not immune to all of the stupidity.

I can answer specific questions via PM.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

SmokinHog

Quote from: The Chief on May 15, 2017, 05:00:44 pm
Well, I'm in Alabama instructing at Rucker currently with no plans to come home to Arkansas until Christmas at least.

We currently need more Apache pilots than are currently being assessed. Your chances are pretty good of being selected as long as you have a competitive board file.

Being a warrant is better than being anything else, but we're not immune to all of the stupidity.

I can answer specific questions via PM.

PM Sent - thanks in advance

Ragnar Hogbrok

Hey, brother.  I replied.  Sorry it took so long.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Did you get my last set of replies?