Neighbors gets another transfer

Started by psycHOGlogist, May 10, 2017, 11:03:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

From FSU - very, very highly rated kid:

https://twitter.com/InsiderExposure/status/862334569231650816

She was the #23 rated player in the 2016 class, per ESPN HoopGurlz

flippinhogmana

5-6 point guard, assuming she has to sit a year.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Kevin

A'Tyanna Gaulden... 21-0   119  5.7   7-15   .467   0-0    .000   9-14   .643    2  10   12  0.6  24  1  22  15   0  13   23  1.1

her fsu season stats
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

FineAsSwine

For the first time in a long time, I'm pretty excited about the future of Women's bball. Now, I gotta make to some games. I want to be there and support Coach Neighbors because I really like the guy and this was a great hire by Jeff Long.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 10, 2017, 11:10:13 am
5-6 point guard, assuming she has to sit a year.

Yes, I don't see a way that she doesn't have to sit a year. Nice to see us get a Georgia kid, too.

nwahogfan1

Sounds like Mike is really hard at it working the phones. I love this transfer. 

I am still holding out hope Mike can get a Senior or JUCO transfer who is 6'+ big girl and can play right away.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on May 10, 2017, 12:00:15 pm
Sounds like Mike is really hard at it working the phones. I love this transfer. 

I am still holding out hope Mike can get a Senior or JUCO transfer who is 6'+ big girl and can play right away.
Great pick up. 97 scouts grade according to ESPN.
http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/203499
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

flippinhogmana

I wonder why there has been no official announcement of this transfer or no news article about the transfer as yet.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

brs_hogfan

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 11, 2017, 08:27:51 am
I wonder why there has been no official announcement of this transfer or no news article about the transfer as yet.

I haven't seen any official announcement but there are news articles (e.g. http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/may/10/former-espn-top-25-and-florida-state-guard-join-ar/)

LadybackBBFan

Looks like she has a strong physical body.  Very important in the SEC.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 11, 2017, 08:27:51 am

I don't think they can announce it until she signs her NLI. I believe at this point it's a verbal commit.

flippinhogmana

rolyat_2008

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on May 11, 2017, 09:43:18 am
I don't think they can announce it until she signs her NLI. I believe at this point it's a verbal commit.
Correct. When she signs (likely soon) it will be on the official website.

flippinhogmana

They haven't folded their tent on transfers either.  Might be one more.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on May 11, 2017, 12:19:41 pm
They haven't folded their tent on transfers either.  Might be one more.

Please let her be tall! ;-)

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

logic

Quote from: psycHOGlogist
From FSU - very, very highly rated kid:

She was the #23 rated player in the 2016 class, per ESPN HoopGurlz

With us last in the SEC, attendance in the hundreds, and players transferring, I honestly though Lady Razorback basketball was dead for at least the next five years.  However, it appears that a great coach can turn things around in a hurry.

psycHOGlogist

Getting rid of a toxic-environment-creating coach was step 1. Hiring a proven winner with a hometown connection was step 2. Have to hope that some improved on-court performance is step 3.

Scott7703

Having a roster whose "bought in" will be a major step in seeing improved play on the court.

psycHOGlogist

To back up one step ... having an actual strategy will also be an upgrade! ;-)

flippinhogmana

If by strategy you mean an actual offense, you are quite right. 

pigture perfect

I currently live an inconvenient distance from Fayetteville, but I'm being transferred to Springfield Mo. next year. I need to attend some games, since I've done some complaining. UA did it's job in hiring the best candidate available and I need to show my approval tangibly.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

flippinhogmana

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 12, 2017, 01:37:28 am
I currently live an inconvenient distance from Fayetteville, but I'm being transferred to Springfield Mo. next year. I need to attend some games, since I've done some complaining. UA did it's job in hiring the best candidate available and I need to show my approval tangibly.

That is honorable and just of you.

snf6278

I plan on driving up from Texarkana for a few. I haven't been this excited about women's basketball in a long time. Plus I can take my seven year old daughter, she's expected to grow to about 6' 2" so I really want her to get interested in the game. I just couldn't bring myself to take her to watch what was taking place with JD

psycHOGlogist

Well, I don't expect our W-L record to be especially scorching next year. We need some time to get recruits and transfers in. But I really hope the product on the court will quickly (if not immediately) be more interesting to watch from the perspective of learning the game and appreciating tactics.

Hogtied85

Quote from: snf6278 on May 12, 2017, 08:18:43 am
I plan on driving up from Texarkana for a few. I haven't been this excited about women's basketball in a long time. Plus I can take my seven year old daughter, she's expected to grow to about 6' 2" so I really want her to get interested in the game. I just couldn't bring myself to take her to watch what was taking place with JD

I hope I'm getting my hopes up to soon. But I hope we can have quick turnaround and make it to the tournament next season. I often think about how good we could be with the continued development of Malica Monk and Aaliyah Wilson. I think its safe to say that Wilson will be staying. She is already following future recruits and and coaches. I am very optimistic about our chances next year. I also wonder how well Cosper and Williams will do. I am really excited about the present and future of our team. He has already stepped it up in recruiting. JD totally screwed us over in recruiting.

Hogtied85

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on May 12, 2017, 09:25:33 am
Well, I don't expect our W-L record to be especially scorching next year. We need some time to get recruits and transfers in. But I really hope the product on the court will quickly (if not immediately) be more interesting to watch from the perspective of learning the game and appreciating tactics.

Well lets hope for a WNIT birth. What better way to gain so attention when you can host a game. I will say one positive thing about JD, he left us with a decent base to work with. So with that being said maybe our issue wasn't players it was coaching.

Scott7703

Not saying we will have a top 10 team but I expect the win/loss record will be better than last season.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: Scott7703 on May 12, 2017, 09:45:07 am
Not saying we will have a top 10 team but I expect the win/loss record will be better than last season.

Could not be worse in the SEC.  Our non-conference record could have been 13 - 0 with a little luck and good coaching last year.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on May 12, 2017, 09:57:30 am
Could not be worse in the SEC.  Our non-conference record could have been 13 - 0 with a little luck and good coaching last year.

I was in complete agreement with your assessment last year before play even began.  I said last year would JD's true test-all his players, third year in the program and that if he didnt make the tournament last year, that would be his grade card and all we needed to evaluate his coaching ability.  The fact that we didnt make the tournament, and his departure is little consolation to my evaluation that he just wasn't a quality coach.  But that is past now.  I am glad MN is here now and brighter days are ahead.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: logic on May 11, 2017, 08:27:50 pm
With us last in the SEC, attendance in the hundreds, and players transferring, I honestly though Lady Razorback basketball was dead for at least the next five years.  However, it appears that a great coach can turn things around in a hurry.

Not dead, just a life threatening illness, that was properly diagnosed and dealt with.  Soccer & Softball have shown Razorback fans will support women's programs on the upswing.

They made the right hire to get things going in the right direction on and off the court.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.