Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alonzo Verge Jr.

Started by yraciv, April 27, 2017, 09:48:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

yraciv

If you are looking for an unsigned PG that can help right away than this is your guy. Was the Chicago Sun Times player of the year, and averaged a ridiculous 26 points, eight rebounds, seven assists, three steals per game. 

The question is why are things so quiet with him? Where are the offers?  I've struckout on updates through twitter and news sites, but reminds me a lot of another guy out of Chicago that worked out pretty well for us despite the lack of offers.

navyhog24

April 27, 2017, 11:28:06 am #1 Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 11:47:14 am by navyhog24
His Future150 profile says he has been offered by Providence. It also has Oregon as recruiting him.

https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/alonzo-verge-jr.-pg-villa-park-il-2017

But I like his game from the highlights

jry04

Quote from: navyhog24 on April 27, 2017, 11:28:06 am
His Future150 profile says he has been offered by Providence. It also has Oregon as recruiting him.

http://247sports.com/Player/Alonzo-Verge-Jr-84002

But I like his game from the highlights
Multiple recruiting services say Illinois, Oregon, and Providence have offered him. No idea if it is true. Supposedly the best player in Illinois by many popular basketball analysts, but was overlooked for some reason. Also, some comments about character issues and the way he plays. No clue if there is truth to it, but maybe that has played a role. There are a few different videos of him dribbling for a few seconds at the top of the key, and then bouncing the ball off the opponents face to show them up in the middle of a game. Maybe he does that a lot.

yraciv

Quote from: jry04 on April 27, 2017, 11:34:29 am
Multiple recruiting services say Illinois, Oregon, and Providence have offered him. No idea if it is true. Supposedly the best player in Illinois by many popular basketball analysts, but was overlooked for some reason. Also, some comments about character issues and the way he plays. No clue if there is truth to it, but maybe that has played a role. There are a few different videos of him dribbling for a few seconds at the top of the key, and then bouncing the ball off the opponents face to show them up in the middle of a game. Maybe he does that a lot.

I saw video of him doing that in an all star game, but I can't imagine someone doing that often.  Need to nip that action in the bud quickly.

fatguy

Having a Hog player bounce the ball off of a Kentucky freshman's face would be fine with me. 😀

NWAHog479

Did P-Bev have character issues coming out of high school?

jry04

Quote from: yraciv on April 27, 2017, 01:06:14 pm
I saw video of him doing that in an all star game, but I can't imagine someone doing that often.  Need to nip that action in the bud quickly.
I saw two different videos with different opponents, but they both could have been all-star games.

Quote from: fatguy on April 27, 2017, 01:11:27 pm
Having a Hog player bounce the ball off of a Kentucky freshman's face would be fine with me. 😀
I wouldn't be opposed to this, either.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: NWAHog479 on April 27, 2017, 02:10:31 pm
Did P-Bev have character issues coming out of high school?

Very much so. It's how we got him.

hogwood

I would take another P Bev. I've loved watching him in the playoffs this year. He still embodies that Hawg attitude. We could always use more of that.

NWAHog479

^^^ Exactly my point as well. If you can put up numbers like that in Chicago of all places, you have some serious game. Give the kid a scholly  :razorback: ::hornsdown::

FineAsSwine

Quote from: NWAHog479 on April 28, 2017, 08:39:09 am
^^^ Exactly my point as well. If you can put up numbers like that in Chicago of all places, you have some serious game. Give the kid a scholly  :razorback: ::hornsdown::

Hope we are on the verge of getting him in here for a visit.

navyhog24

Quote from: FineAsSwine on April 28, 2017, 09:31:27 am
Hope we are on the verge of getting him in here for a visit.

Nice one, but I doubt the coaches are even in contact with him.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: navyhog24 on April 28, 2017, 09:42:07 am
Nice one, but I doubt the coaches are even in contact with him.

I know but it was just too easy. Like finding a birds nest on the ground.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hogwood on April 28, 2017, 04:56:08 am
I would take another P Bev. I've loved watching him in the playoffs this year. He still embodies that Hawg attitude. We could always use more of that.

He's was part of the apr hit and wasn't good enough to justify the problems he caused not to mention he never played that hard while here.

I'll pass.