Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

today's game with Jackson State

Started by flippinhogmana, April 25, 2017, 03:07:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

Jackson State is a program that doesnt appear ready for prime time.  I am having a hard time picking up a feed for them.  The only thing I can find so far is the hogs twitter, so we will see how that goes.  I am do a pbp or I may not depending on that feed.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

this is what I got from the twitter feed-Middle 1 | #ARKSB 3, JSU 0

Three runs on four hits w/ RBI hits from @toriiicooop & @ayyjayyy2.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-SJRGoXkAAN4Vw.jpg

the link to the lineup, Hedgcock pitching, the lineup the same as yesterday except Hiers moves down another spot, Yani moves up behind Schroeder

flippinhogmana

End 1 | #ARKSB 3, JSU 0

@CarolDaHedghog works a 1-2-3 first, ending the inning with a strikeout.

Diaz, Box, Russell due up.

flippinhogmana

See ya, softballs...✌️✌️

Back-to-back HRs by @lolaaa_12 and @toriiicooop

T2, 0 outs: #ARKSB, 7-0

flippinhogmana

in the bottom of the second, JS had one hit, and one left on, to the top of the third. 7-0 hogs.  Looks like a run rule game coming on.

flippinhogmana

Heirs hits a home run leading off 8-0
diiaz lines out
box hbp
russell singles
Krzysko 0-1, makes an out, not sure how,
Cooper walks on four pitches (was 2-2)
Belans 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, drills it foul, now 3-2, doubles, thats at least 10-0
Schroeder who was drafted by Akron last night fouls it off, flies out.

flippinhogmana

very spotty twitter feed, Hedgcock still on the mound, walks one, gives up either a hit or an error, difficult to see which with this feed, runners on second and third, players conference in the circle (probably saying lets not lose the shutout)
next batter gets behind 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, fouls it off, taps out, runner cant score,
next batter 0-1, slaps back to CH to retire the side (two left on, with one walk and one error), 10-0 hogs at the end of three.

flippinhogmana

Defensive changes...

@ArchuletaLauren > C
@sydbenz > 1B
@parkpock > 2B
@MYannetti > SS
@SydneyParr > RF
@hellohaydi > LF

flippinhogmana

bad feed but it appears as if the first two hogs reach in the top of the fourth.
3rd batter (number 29) appears to line out to left
4th batter pops to 1st, two down
5th batter (Beeringhele)  0-1, 0-2, out to let, no runs, two left

flippinhogmana

bottom of the fourth, hedgcock looks like she will pitch the whole game,
1st batter 1-0, lines (soft liner) to Belans,
2nd batter 0-1, fouls it off 0-2, singles, and somehow that I didnt see aanotehr runner got on base 1st and second one down
batter 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, squibber to 1st moves the runners up
next batter 1-0, and the feed goes dark!
now comes back, again not sure what I missed, but its a different hitter
batter takes one, fouls one off, called out on strikes to end the inning
no runs, one hit, one error, 10-0 hogs to the op of the fifth. 

flippinhogmana

hog batter number 55, smacks a double to center first pitch,
next batter, number 10  (wp, PR to third) nobody out, 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, flies out to center
I believe that was Warrick with the hit
next batter, is awarded first base (not sure why)
next batter, number 7, Parr?, 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, walks, bases loaded,
nest hog batter (17) smacks it foul, 0-1, 1-1, 2-1, drives in two with a hit to left 12-0
nest batter drives it to the gap in center right for two more runs, 14-0
next bater flies out to center
Box smacks it foul 0-1,another foul 0-2, FC to 2nd (ss to 2nd) to retire the side

flippinhogmana

most likely the last half inning
hedgcok still in the circle
1st batter walks
2nd batter takes a pitch, slaps it foul at third, 1-2, 2-2, called third strike,
3rd batter (one down, one on) 0-1, 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2, walks, runner to second, one down two on,
next batter 0-1, 0-2, fouls it off, still 0-2, doublss to center, drives in 2, 14-2,
next batter 1-0, infield out, two down
next batter 0-1, infield out and thats ball game I do believe.

flippinhogmana

Hedgcock wasnt too particularly sharp but it was hitting practice and a few players got some playing time.

flippinhogmana

JACKSON, Miss. – The University of Arkansas softball team pounded three home runs, pushing its season total to 49, on its way to a 14-2 win Tuesday afternoon at Jackson State. Tori Cooper, Shelby Hiers and Loren Krzysko each homered in the game while Autumn Russell tied her season high with three hits. Freshman Caroline Hedgcock picked up her third win in a five-inning complete game. With Tuesday's result, Arkansas improves to 29-18.
Final: Arkansas 14, Jackson State 2 (5 inn.) | Box Score
The Razorbacks' 14 runs are just one off the team's season high and marked the ninth time the team has scored 10 or more runs in a game. Arkansas' 15 hits were also one shy of a season high. Russell was one of our Razorbacks to turn in multi-hit performances, along with Cooper, Lauren Archuleta and A.J. Belans. Five different players had at least two RBI against Jackson State, led by three apiece from Belans and Krzysko.
For the 19th time this season, and third game in a row, Arkansas scored in the first inning with three runs across the plate. Cooper drove in the first run and came around to score on an RBI double by Belans. The offense added four more runs in the second frame with back-to-back big flies by Krzysko—a three-run shot—and Cooper. The home run was Krzysko's first of the year and Cooper's ninth.
Arkansas reached 10 runs with a three-run third inning, highlighted by a solo shot by Hiers to deep left field. It was her third home run of the season. Belans plated two more runs with a base hit to right, scoring Russell and Rachel Box on the play. After a scoreless fourth, the Razorbacks capped their outburst with four runs in the fifth. Pinch-hitter Katie Warrick got things started with a lead-off double. Archuleta and Madison Yannetti each had a two-run single in the frame.
Hedgcock's complete game is her second of the season. She gave up two runs and three hits to Jackson State (12-33) while striking out three hitters. The home team got on the board with a two-run triple in the bottom of the fifth but Hedgcock coaxed two ground balls for the final two outs of the game. She also worked out of two-on, one-out jams in the third and fourth innings.
Up Next
The Razorbacks' travels continue with a weekend road trip to Notre Dame for a three-game series that starts Saturday with a doubleheader. It will mark Arkansas' first-ever trip to South Bend, and the first meeting between the programs since the 2001 season. All three games are scheduled to be streamed online with ACC Extra through the WatchESPN app. Arkansas closes out its home schedule May 5-7 when it hosts Georgia at Bogle Park.