Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QB commit puts on show for Hog coaches

Started by Richard Davenport, April 25, 2017, 12:41:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkSoda

better not let van horn get a look at that guy.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 25, 2017, 03:13:49 pm
better not let van horn get a look at that guy.
If he can go more than 2 innings I say let him play baseball while he's here.

ricepig

Quote from: theFlyingHog on April 25, 2017, 03:19:29 pm
If he can go more than 2 innings I say let him play baseball while he's here.

The plan is to do both, but then again, these stats are against guys who more than likely won't play college baseball. He's got a good arm for sure, hopefully he'll be able to do both sports while he's on the Hill.

Pig in the Pokey

i thought it was a done deal that he was playing both.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Richard Davenport

Quote from: ricepig on April 25, 2017, 03:40:32 pm
The plan is to do both, but then again, these stats are against guys who more than likely won't play college baseball. He's got a good arm for sure, hopefully he'll be able to do both sports while he's on the Hill.

He's dominating the competition like he should. That's what you want to see out of a major college prospect. How that translates to college only time will tell.

WriterWrong

Quote from: ricepig on April 25, 2017, 03:40:32 pm

Agreed on all accounts. Russellville isn't exactly a strong team. But, he's a good athlete and has a good arm. What's the worst that can happen?  :-\

ricepig

Quote from: WriterWrong on April 26, 2017, 01:13:01 pm
Agreed on all accounts. Russellville isn't exactly a strong team. But, he's a good athlete and has a good arm. What's the worst that can happen?  :-\

I agree, and I'm not downplaying the competition, just saying an elite athlete should dominate the average high school player. I look forward to watching him in the 6A tournament.

The_Iceman

For a young QB like him, he probably wouldn't be starting until his redshirt sophomore year anyways. That gives him a few years to play baseball until he is matured as a QB.

But look at the kid, he is a stud QB prospect. Put him in Texas and have him uncommitted, and he'd have offers from everywhere. It's tough that he an Bohanon are in the same class, but we have the better QB fit committed.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4002954/connor-noland

NoogaHog

Are we gonna lose him to the MLB draft? I've heard that he is firm on college, but that money next year may be hard to turn down.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"