Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Extra skin left over after weight loss

Started by GolfNut57, April 24, 2017, 10:47:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

So.......since I have lost all this weight I now have a LOT of skin left over on my stomach area that just hangs like loose folds on a sheet. (I look like one of those dogs that have all that loose skin  :( ) While I am loving the fact that I have lost all the weight I am now faced with the issue with the excess skin. So my question is.......will it eventually disappear as I keep losing weight, or will it just start being drawn back into normal shape with the skins elasticity by doing stomach exercises, or will I have to resort to surgery to have the excess skin taken off?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Ragnar Hogbrok

I'm no doc, but there are a lot of factors at play:  age, amount of stretch in your skin previous to weight loss, skin type, nutrition, genetics, collagen, etc.

If you have lost, say 150ish pounds or so (maybe even as low as 80 pounds, just a guess) skin surgery may be your only recourse.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

GolfNut57

Quote from: The Chief on May 06, 2017, 04:01:58 pm
I'm no doc, but there are a lot of factors at play:  age, amount of stretch in your skin previous to weight loss, skin type, nutrition, genetics, collagen, etc.

If you have lost, say 150ish pounds or so (maybe even as low as 80 pounds, just a guess) skin surgery may be your only recourse.

As of last night I was up to 97 lbs lost for the goal I set of 100 lbs last June.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.