Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did D.J. Weaver hint about his future school

Started by Richard Davenport, April 21, 2017, 11:30:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

navyhog24

Sounds like a great kid. It also sounds like he'll be a Hog before all is said and done. He says "we" a lot when talking about the Hogs.

Razorod

Quote from: navyhog24 on April 21, 2017, 12:00:38 pm
Sounds like a great kid. It also sounds like he'll be a Hog before all is said and done. He says "we" a lot when talking about the Hogs.
I would agree that he'll probably be a Hog. My guess is CMA wants to see how the knee is and how it holds up over the summer AAU circuit. Before the knee injury, he was very highly regarded.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Richard Davenport

Saw DJ for the first time as a freshman when he was attending Arkansas' elite camp at the time and you could tell he was going to be special. He's about 80-85% right now and is very effective in the paint and driving to the basket. 

When he gets close to 95% watch out. 

Hawg Red

I think Weaver is the reason why Rod Brown isn't a Hog right now. Hope that doesn't end up burning us.

razorhog52

Is he really 6'8? If so he could be a great fit for us. He has the handles and shot to be a 3 but could play the 4 in certain sets. Would be great for us.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 21, 2017, 01:33:17 pm
I think Weaver is the reason why Rod Brown isn't a Hog right now.

thought that myself...

HardingHog

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 21, 2017, 01:33:17 pm
I think Weaver is the reason why Rod Brown isn't a Hog right now. Hope that doesn't end up burning us.

I'm not trying to start a rumor mill or say anything negative about Brown because I would love for him to be a Hog, but I think the big reason he isn't a Hog already is because he needs to do some more work off the court

However, just from what I've seen thus far I'd rather have Brown than Weaver. Neither has much of an outside game currently, but at the moment Brown looks bigger, stronger and more athletic (plus he rebounds like crazy which will be important for playing the 4 here)

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HardingHog on April 22, 2017, 12:53:36 am
I'm not trying to start a rumor mill or say anything negative about Brown because I would love for him to be a Hog, but I think the big reason he isn't a Hog already is because he needs to do some more work off the court

However, just from what I've seen thus far I'd rather have Brown than Weaver. Neither has much of an outside game currently, but at the moment Brown looks bigger, stronger and more athletic (plus he rebounds like crazy which will be important for playing the 4 here)

Weaver had no outside game?

RazorAg

Quote from: HardingHog on April 22, 2017, 12:53:36 am

While they can play the same position, they play pretty differently. Brown is all about force and using his athletic ability to affect the game. Built like football player. His skill game isn't bad and I like the upside there. DJ is opposite. He's more skill and finesse. Skinny. Does have an outside game. Faces up well and can catch and shoot from the perimeter. Perfect pick and pop guy. Also, I think he's 6'7.

Van Boarisson

Quote from: RazorAg on April 22, 2017, 09:40:27 am
While they can play the same position, they play pretty differently. Brown is all about force and using his athletic ability to affect the game. Built like football player. His skill game isn't bad and I like the upside there. DJ is opposite. He's more skill and finesse. Skinny. Does have an outside game. Faces up well and can catch and shoot from the perimeter. Perfect pick and pop guy. Also, I think he's 6'7.

Ag- is Jason Henry a good comparison here for DJ? On the court only comparison

RazorAg

Quote from: Van Boarisson on April 22, 2017, 11:01:27 am
Ag- is Jason Henry a good comparison here for DJ? On the court only comparison
No, Jason Henry had very good ball skills. DJ doesn't put the ball on the floor much right now.