Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas overall batting average just hit .300.

Started by jacketsting, April 19, 2017, 10:10:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jacketsting

According to secsports.com Arkansas has finally hit the overall .300 mark for the first time in a while.

Sho Nuff

That's incredible.  It seems like there were times last year where we only had 1 or 2 guys over .300

WizardofhOgZ

Interesting thing is, at this point (after the first Memphis game), our out of conference and SEC batting averages are both the same - .300.

Normally, you'd expect the SEC batting average to be 10-20 points below the OOC BA.

In our case, ons set of batters has "cooled off" (but not fallen into a slump), while a few others have caught fire.  That's a very healthy offensive situation to have.

jacketsting

I think we have at least 6 guys hitting over .300 and that is impressive at the half way point in the conference.

BroyledNutts

If this continues we're going to be a nightmare for pitching over the last 15 ... just need to tighten up a little on fielding.

jacketsting

Fielding has slumped a little bit and to think the series was decided against LSU by 1 throwing error.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: jacketsting on April 19, 2017, 02:36:21 pm
Fielding has slumped a little bit and to think the series was decided against LSU by 1 throwing error.
I think if we win that Saturday game we had the momentum to sweep their butts!  While their Sunday guy pitched well, I think getting blanked was more about having the air taken out of us the night before.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

jacketsting

We had 9 hits and 7 runs against Poche that Saturday so I know we were capable of winning but like you said that 9th inning collapse really drained the tank.