Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs all by themselves with best record in the SEC

Started by Bogghawg, April 16, 2017, 06:31:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogghawg

Auburn and Kentucky both fell behind by not sweeping this weekend.  Good to have a lead going into Auburn next week. 
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

TNhawgfan

With the best league record, anyone want to guess how many SEC teams will be ranked ahead of us tomorrow? I say four
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

lakecityhog

The sweep of Georgia was really BIG! If we can win 1 against Auburn we will still be tied for 1st, unless Miss St sweeps!

southarkhog06

USC-E beats State 6-1 so we are all alone with the best record in the league.

Bogghawg

Quote from: southarkhog06 on April 16, 2017, 07:43:22 pm
USC-E beats State 6-1 so we are all alone with the best record in the league.
Yeah. forgot to mention State also was included in the "failed to sweep" group that left us alone atop the standings.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jbell96

I'm not worried about how many SEC teams are ranked ahead of us in the national polls, we just need to keep winning and the rest will take care of itself.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: TNhawgfan on April 16, 2017, 06:33:30 pm
With the best league record, anyone want to guess how many SEC teams will be ranked ahead of us tomorrow? I say four
The Saturday loss to LSU is what is keeping us from being up in the top 10 with Kentucky.  If we can win 4 of our last 5 series, we will finish as a top 10 team.

southarkhog06

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on April 17, 2017, 09:23:36 am
The Saturday loss to LSU is what is keeping us from being up in the top 10 with Kentucky.  If we can win 4 of our last 5 series, we will finish as a top 10 team.
Don't forget about the Sunday giant strike zone for Walker, win that game the Sat. meltdown is a distant memory.

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: southarkhog06 on April 17, 2017, 10:15:41 am
Don't forget about the Sunday giant strike zone for Walker, win that game the Sat. meltdown is a distant memory.
True.  But just the way the last 3 innings unfolded in the Saturday game was rough.  I shouldn't have singled out the Saturday game, just the series as a whole.  If we win that series, we are easily in the top 10 right now.

BigBrandonAllenFan

just stay on top of the SEC and the polls will work themselves out accordingly. if a team finishes with the best overall record and best SEC record, that team cant be denied top billing in the NCAA tournament.

southarkhog06

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on April 17, 2017, 01:51:26 pm
just stay on top of the SEC and the polls will work themselves out accordingly. if a team finishes with the best overall record and best SEC record, that team cant be denied top billing in the NCAA tournament.
you say that now....

ricepig

Quote from: southarkhog06 on April 17, 2017, 02:03:22 pm
you say that now....

Correct, but if Fla, LSU, or Vandy finish one game behind us, I'd bet the farm we would be #4 in line for a Super.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2017, 02:07:38 pm
Correct, but if Fla, LSU, or Vandy finish one game behind us, I'd bet the farm we would be #4 in line for a Super.

I am getting my pitchforks ready because you are probably right.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

southarkhog06

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2017, 02:07:38 pm
What happens if Florida, Vandy, LSU, and MsState. all finish one game behind us?(hypothetical, I didn't check if this is mathematically possible). Then what if we go 1-2 in the SEC tourney and State/Vandy have a deep run?

HogFansReunited

Quote from: southarkhog06 on April 17, 2017, 02:16:25 pm
What happens if Florida, Vandy, LSU, and MsState. all finish one game behind us?(hypothetical, I didn't check if this is mathematically possible). Then what if we go 1-2 in the SEC tourney and State/Vandy have a deep run?

At that point, they would be ahead of us IMO.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

ricepig

Quote from: southarkhog06 on April 17, 2017, 02:16:25 pm

We get sent to Corvallis!

southarkhog06

Quote from: HogFansReunited on April 17, 2017, 02:17:10 pm
At that point, they would be ahead of us IMO.
I am saying at that point, we may win the SEC outright and not host.

EDIT: That would never happen to LSU, FLA, or Vandy IMO.

southarkhog06

Razorback7281

Quote from: southarkhog06 on April 17, 2017, 02:20:16 pm
I am saying at that point, we may win the SEC outright and not host.

EDIT: That would never happen to LSU, FLA, or Vandy IMO.
It wouldn't happen to Arkansas either.  Find the last time the regular season SEC champions didn't host.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 16, 2015, 08:55:43 pmgurantee I'm smarter then you..but that's not saying much.
Quote from: talley on September 17, 2015, 09:53:38 am
you misspelled "Guarantee" while trying to talk about how smart you are.  Epic Fail.
Quote from: Lanny on October 16, 2015, 07:37:58 am
Good job everyone except Faldon.

southarkhog06

Quote from: Razorback7281 on April 17, 2017, 02:24:06 pm
It wouldn't happen to Arkansas either.  Find the last time the regular season SEC champions didn't host.
There's a first time for everything. I am wary of the committee ever since having to play at that god-awful turf field in 2013.

Kevin

not too long ago, we won the west 18-12, swept usc-e at there place, and did not host. they did!!!
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dr. Starcs

As in basketball, the committee will find a way to justify their seeding. One will point to rpi for one team and then conference tournament for another.

Political bs in most cases.

ThisTeetsTaken

If the Auburn series isn't on TV I don't know what to say.  The two hottest teams in the SEC battling it our for control of the SECW and the overall SEC.  Doesn't get any bigger than that! 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

ThisTeetsTaken

Aaaaaand the only game on TV is the Sunday game at 4PM.

ricepig

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on April 17, 2017, 07:09:24 pm
If the Auburn series isn't on TV I don't know what to say.  The two hottest teams in the SEC battling it our for control of the SECW and the overall SEC.  Doesn't get any bigger than that! 

The TV schedule was set in January, or thereabouts, that don't do a game of the week, not that they shouldn't.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: ricepig on April 17, 2017, 07:15:15 pm
The TV schedule was set in January, or thereabouts, that don't do a game of the week, not that they shouldn't.

You would think they would make the schedule as the season goes on like they do with football. They assumed we would be bad this year even though we have only had one bad season in over 10 years.

Member #3568

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: HogFansReunited on April 17, 2017, 08:11:00 pm
You would think they would make the schedule as the season goes on like they do with football. They assumed we would be bad this year even though we have only had one bad season in over 10 years.
I know right. We've made the post season 13/14 years.