Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AJ Carter LA top RB 2018 offered on Friday

Started by Lasteel85, April 16, 2017, 03:53:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lasteel85

AJ Carter is a 6'0 225 beast of a running back. He is Louisiana composite AllState RB for 2018.
Nobody in LA can match his size and production. He rushed for 2,298 yards and 41 TDs.

UCLA has been favored to land him, until the Arkansas offer. Arkansas is his favorite program as he loves their style of offense.

He will visit UCLA on 22th and Arkansas spring game on the 29th.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5145717/aj-carter

The Hawg Marshal

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Lasteel85 on April 16, 2017, 03:53:30 pm
AJ Carter is a 6'0 225 beast of a running back. He is Louisiana composite AllState RB for 2018.
Nobody in LA can match his size and production. He rushed for 2,298 yards and 41 TDs.

UCLA has been favored to land him, until the Arkansas offer. Arkansas is his favorite program as he loves their style of offense.

Well it's pretty hard to argue with the production our program has had at RB consistently under CBB. Then again, it would be difficult for any RB to argue with how he's been utilized under CBB ANYWHERE. A virtual lock to be a 1,000 back (or two) annually under Bielema. So why wouldn't a kid who has serious intentions of "totting the rock" not listen seriously to the Hogs! Plus a significant bonus: in the best overall league in college football.

Pig in the Pokey

dude is certainly a load, huh? Touchdown machine. Reminds of you-know-who.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

oldhawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 16, 2017, 07:04:05 pm

Bill Burnett?  :)

Rzback

If he likes Arkansas, why did we not offer sooner?
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

ricepig

Quote from: Rzback on April 16, 2017, 08:00:36 pm

We don't offer everybody that "likes" us. They have a protocol they go through on making offers, it could have been waiting to see 9 week grades, getting to know him off the field, or simply having players we rated higher.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Rzback on April 16, 2017, 08:00:36 pm
So you're saying (or at least hinting) that just because we didn't offer until recently we were somehow wrong and that he won't accept the offer. We'll obviously have to see won't we ???

ARtillahog

Quote from: Lasteel85 on April 16, 2017, 03:53:30 pm

Thank you for the info!

Lasteel85

Coach Foster at UCLA has been all over him sees him as a special player. Coach Foster offered him early when he was at Texas Tech and has developed a great relationship with him. The thing is the kid loves Arkansas, and I believe he is waiting to see if they love him. The kid loves the downhill running attack that Arkansas has and he knows he fits them like a glove. It's going to be interesting to see if Arkansas can close the deal.
I'm telling you he is one of the most physical backs I've Ever seen.

Dmacattack

Quote from: Lasteel85 on April 16, 2017, 10:32:40 pm
Coach Foster at UCLA has been all over him sees him as a special player. Coach Foster offered him early when he was at Texas Tech and has developed a great relationship with him. The thing is the kid loves Arkansas, and I believe he is waiting to see if they love him. The kid loves the downhill running attack that Arkansas has and he knows he fits them like a glove. It's going to be interesting to see if Arkansas can close the deal.
I'm telling you he is one of the most physical backs I've Ever seen.

Who's his lead recruiter at Arkansas?

Pig in the Pokey

dude's a hoss, he looks just like devin white out there. Big , strong, fast. tackle shedding machine and he can catch, too.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

The real Hogules

What's his 40 time look like, does anyone know?
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

secneahog

Aj, has also said, he loves Mizzou.  Because of their, downhill running, they come straight at you.

I dont feel like mizzou does any of that. They run the same shotgun spread, hurry up offense, just like everybody else in the Sec, besides Arkansas. 

Were truly a NFL Pro Style offense. Alot more to it, then just, Bielema produces 1000 yard backs every year.  Bielema gets rbs ready for the league in three years, because we have a elite rb coach and offensive coordinator. Our system will have a rb polished for the NFL.

mizzou...ucla....ttech...< Arkansas. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

RME

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 16, 2017, 11:38:06 pm
dude's a hoss, he looks just like devin white out there. Big , strong, fast. tackle shedding machine and he can catch, too.

The Devin White who was such a good running back that he's now a linebacker?

Rzback

Quote from: ricepig on April 16, 2017, 08:04:46 pm
We don't offer everybody that "likes" us. They have a protocol they go through on making offers, it could have been waiting to see 9 week grades, getting to know him off the field, or simply having players we rated higher.
No, I did not mean it that way, just if a player is the top RB in LA and he loves AR that we might have offered sooner. I was just wondering if there were grade, behaviour, physical issues, etc. delaying an offer.
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

ricepig

Quote from: Rzback on April 17, 2017, 10:57:10 am
No, I did not mean it that way, just if a player is the top RB in LA and he loves AR that we might have offered sooner. I was just wondering if there were grade, behaviour, physical issues, etc. delaying an offer.

Who knows, it would be nice to have a camera in E.K. Frank's office and watch and hear all the discussions on the various recruits. I'm sure it would be an eye opener.

secneahog

Top RB in louisiana?   Thats a far reach at this point. He doesnt have a instate offer either.
There doesnt have to be a red flag, negative situation for us not to offer yet.

Arkansas takes their time before they just throw offers out there. We took our time with QB Grant Gunnell, a top 50 player in the country.. after we took our time and finally offered, Grant came out and said, he admired the delay, bc Arkansas was doing their homework.

Really dont understand, why people cant understand that?....
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Lasteel85

AJ 40 has been clocked at two camps at 4.55. He also runs the 100m and has ran a 10.9 (at 225lbs)AJ is the state coaches pick as the top RB in the state as his composite(all classes) all state selection shows. LSU is sure to offer, they are notoriously slow for offering instate players because they will not pull an offer to instate kid. Last year they waited to offer Travis Entienne who was the states clear best RB, until they knew they weren't getting Cam Akers. It backfired with Entienne going to Clemson instead.

My opinion it's two schools UCLA because of relationship with Coach Foster, and Arkansas his dream school. I think if he feels the staff really wants him, they land him.

The kid is a beast, the highlights should include some of his 5 yard runs against a loaded box. I've seen LBs concussed from trying to tackle this kid.

jjdlc

Quote from: Lasteel85 on April 17, 2017, 11:39:04 am
AJ 40 has been clocked at two camps at 4.55. He also runs the 100m and has ran a 10.9 (at 225lbs)AJ is the state coaches pick as the top RB in the state as his composite(all classes) all state selection shows. LSU is sure to offer, they are notoriously slow for offering instate players because they will not pull an offer to instate kid. Last year they waited to offer Travis Entienne who was the states clear best RB, until they knew they weren't getting Cam Akers. It backfired with Entienne going to Clemson instead.

My opinion it's two schools UCLA because of relationship with Coach Foster, and Arkansas his dream school. I think if he feels the staff really wants him, they land him.

The kid is a beast, the highlights should include some of his 5 yard runs against a loaded box. I've seen LBs concussed from trying to tackle this kid.

Sounds remarkably familiar to another school I know. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on April 17, 2017, 10:51:27 am
And the dumbest post of the year award goes too...
Do you really think he was going to play over Fournette and Guice ???. Not to mention he was also one of the top linebackers in the nation when he came out.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Maleek Williams ???.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

zebradynasty

Has a nice forward lean when he runs but still has good balance. Reminds me of Dearrius Howard from West Memphis. Which classification in LA is playing? Those highlights made it seem like he was a man amongst boys. I know we are pretty set at RB for the next few years but yeah I'd say take him!

Lasteel85

He plays for 2A Many High School in Many,LA. The program he plays for is 51-5 (#1 seed four straight years in playoffs) in the last 4 years with a State championship and Runnersup. MHS has to play up in non district as most schools their size will not play them.

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

RME

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on April 17, 2017, 03:52:57 pm
And the dumbest post of the year award goes too...
Do you really think he was going to play over Fournette and Guice ???. Not to mention he was also one of the top linebackers in the nation when he came out.

Dumbest post of the year is a factual one? Yeah. I knew intelligence levels on this board were low as it is, but if a factual post is the "dumbest of the year," we've really hit the shitter.

I know he was a dual-position player. But why would we compare a guy who will (almost certainly) play running back in college to a guy who doesn't play running back in college? Devin was Pokey's buddy and he was 100% certain he was coming here. I'm assuming that accounts for the comparison.

Mike_e

Quote from: Lasteel85 on April 17, 2017, 11:39:04 am

His dad isn't in the catering business is he?

J/K
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

PorkSoda

Quote from: The real Hogules on April 17, 2017, 06:50:34 am
if he runs a 4.37 he could be the next knile
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

offered sooner.
sooner?  its april, IOW its almost a year until signing day.  that hardly qualifies as a late offer
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ChicoHog

Has LSU offered any other in state RBs?  Where is he in their priority for RBs?  Sounds like he is very good but also has not played against top level competition if he is only in 2A ball.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 17, 2017, 06:33:01 pm
sooner?  its april, IOW its almost a year until signing day.  that hardly qualifies as a late offer

It is just the way recruiting is these days, priority kids from 2019 are already getting offers. Starting last year it seems so many kids are commiting before their senior season starts officially. 

If the kids feel good about themselves they may feel slighted if certain schools have not already offered.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

PorkSoda

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on April 17, 2017, 08:53:45 pm
It is just the way recruiting is these days, priority kids from 2019 are already getting offers. Starting last year it seems so many kids are commiting before their senior season starts officially. 

If the kids feel good about themselves they may feel slighted if certain schools have not already offered.
sure a lot of kids get "recruited" as early as their sophomore year, but I have no problem waiting to "offer" until it is reasonable to do so.  last time we offered a sophomore, it was Demetrius Dean and he came to campus overweight and out of shape, and never contributed on the field. 

so while some schools want to gamble and try to be the first to offer, I like that CBB takes his time and when he does offer, it means something.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 18, 2017, 04:39:49 pm
sure a lot of kids get "recruited" as early as their sophomore year, but I have no problem waiting to "offer" until it is reasonable to do so.  last time we offered a sophomore, it was Demetrius Dean and he came to campus overweight and out of shape, and never contributed on the field. 

so while some schools want to gamble and try to be the first to offer, I like that CBB takes his time and when he does offer, it means something.
He's offered several sophomores.

PorkSoda

Quote from: ricepig on April 18, 2017, 04:49:49 pm
He's offered several sophomores.
that signed with us?  just curious if you remember any.  Dean was the only one that came to mind for me, but I don't follow recruiting as close as I used to.

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 18, 2017, 05:45:02 pm
that signed with us?  just curious if you remember any.  Dean was the only one that came to mind for me, but I don't follow recruiting as close as I used to.

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/Offers

We have 19 sophomores with offers our right now.

Conner Noland committed to us late July before his junior season...

Anything earlier than that and I just see when they signed or enrolled rather than when they committed which would take more work.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

PorkSoda

right on.  guess its more common than I thought, just seems risky to offer a scholly to someone that still has 2-3 years of high school ball to play. 

they could get injured, or fail to perform, or not make the grades, or any number of things could happen.

I guess offers aren't binding, and they can pull the offer at any time, but still seems like its jumping the gun a bit throwing out offers that early.

Also, if most don't end up signing, then you can't really claim that offering early is a particularly big factor.  Even if they haven't offered someone, they are still recruiting them and developing relationships.

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 18, 2017, 06:41:33 pm
right on.  guess its more common than I thought, just seems risky to offer a scholly to someone that still has 2-3 years of high school ball to play. 

they could get injured, or fail to perform, or not make the grades, or any number of things could happen.

I guess offers aren't binding, and they can pull the offer at any time, but still seems like its jumping the gun a bit throwing out offers that early.

Also, if most don't end up signing, then you can't really claim that offering early is a particularly big factor.  Even if they haven't offered someone, they are still recruiting them and developing relationships.

Yeah, I think recruits typically like to be receiving attention by their junior years. When you don't even start recruiting until they are a senior, you could be behind the 8-ball. When you don't receive an offer until December, barring you struggling with grades, it really shows that you are a plan b/c.

PorkSoda

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 18, 2017, 06:53:22 pm
Yeah, I think recruits typically like to be receiving attention by their junior years. When you don't even start recruiting until they are a senior, you could be behind the 8-ball. When you don't receive an offer until December, barring you struggling with grades, it really shows that you are a plan b/c.
yeah, thats why I think its important to separate the concepts of recruiting and offers.  anyone we offer, we have likely already recruited for more than a year.  I just have a hard time calling any offer before their senior season even starts, a "late" offer.

As you said, a "late offer" is usually for plan b/c type guys in december or january before signing day.

as for sophomores, I would assume its thier first year playing varsity level football.  so one would think the coaches would at the very least want to see them play one season at the varsity level before offering.

Großer Kriegschwein

Please newly resurrected little baby Jesus.

This is my non-signature signature.

Attila the Hog

Serious question.  I have seen several post that "he loves Arkansas" and that we are his dream school.  I hope this is true but how do we know this?  Sorry if I missed this somewhere.

Lasteel85

I'm from his hometown and

I've been told when his high school coach first asked him to name the schools that he was interested in, he said Arkansas was his top school.

Then the recruiting started and schools like UCLA, Miss st and Texas tech have full city pressed him putting them in the picture. He is still said to love the razorbacks, he just wondering if they love him.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on April 17, 2017, 10:51:27 am
yeah, that 5* Linebacker was also a 4* running back, but I think this 3* runningback is looks very similar. Any other questions?

Attila the Hog

Thanks for the answer Soda.  Hope he chooses us and becomes All-American.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Devin White

A.J. Carter
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 19, 2017, 08:37:09 pm
yeah, that 5* Linebacker was also a 4* running back, but I think this 3* runningback is looks very similar. Any other questions?

Carter is just flat out faster...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

LJHOG

Quote from: The real Hogules on April 17, 2017, 06:50:34 am
reminds me of a story.  reporter asks Darrell Royal about Earl Campbell's 40 time.  DR says he doesn't know.  reporter asks why.  DR says we've never timed him.  Reporter asks why not.  DR says "because it doesn't matter.  he's gonna start."

Paul

from the film, he looks like a load & plenty fast

Dominicanhog

Quote from: LJHOG on April 21, 2017, 08:18:33 am
reminds me of a story.  reporter asks Darrell Royal about Earl Campbell's 40 time.  DR says he doesn't know.  reporter asks why.  DR says we've never timed him.  Reporter asks why not.  DR says "because it doesn't matter.  he's gonna start."

xlent...

ricepig

wildhogman

Quote from: ricepig on April 23, 2017, 06:42:09 am
Commits to UCLA

https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/855984766780268544
Did he cancel his visit to us for the 29th?  Funny how these kids commit right after a visit. Noticed he visited UCLA on 22nd