Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Justin Forrest

Started by Swinesong1, April 16, 2017, 03:21:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Swinesong1

Dan McDonald
@DMcDonaldRivals
2h
Just received word that Arkansas is now involved with 2017 PG Justin Forrest. Visits Tenn Tech this. Might visit Arkansas afterwards.
View details ·   

Hawg Red

Hope that doesn't mean they didn't get a good feeling from Hardy's visit.

batmanfan

Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

KenHawg2023

Hopefully Barrett is still in play here also. We should still have options, but that isn't encouraging.

King Kong

Guess it's time to root for O Canada Shakwon Barrett

OnTheHillHogFan

Davenport said he is just soneone they are checking on at this time.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

klp1

We seem to be reaching out to almost every available PG....looks like Charlie Moore ... Cal transfer has been contacted too

King Kong

Quote from: klp1 on April 16, 2017, 05:01:19 pm
We seem to be reaching out to almost every available PG....looks like Charlie Moore ... Cal transfer has been contacted too

We tried to get him last year also

Hawg Red

Would rather see the staff go all-out for Markel Crawford than reach on someone like this. Hopefully they are just leaving no stone unturned and taking a look. This is the kind of kid that'll transfer after a year or two in a program like Arkansas.

King Kong

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 16, 2017, 06:47:40 pm
Would rather see the staff go all-out for Markel Crawford than reach on someone like this. Hopefully they are just leaving no stone unturned and taking a look. This is the kind of kid that'll transfer after a year or two in a program like Arkansas.

This 100%. I understand they want a PG in now to learn the system to help the 2018 class.

But Crawford may make us a Sweet 16 type team next year assuming Barford and Macon are back

Scott7703

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 16, 2017, 06:47:40 pm

I have to believe this kid is way down the priority list. I am glad that our coaches are working relentlessly leaving no rock unturned. That's been one of my complaints in the past and they have changed the mentality and are working there butts off.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Scott7703 on April 16, 2017, 09:19:22 pm

I have to believe this kid is way down the priority list. I am glad that our coaches are working relentlessly leaving no rock unturned. That's been one of my complaints in the past and they have changed the mentality and are working there butts off.

Looking at this kid is not an example of that, though. Getting in there with guys like Hardy and Barrett is. They usually sign a player like Forrest late, so I'd hate for it to end up that way this time. Hopefully this is another case of cursory interest being over-interreptated (reported that the kid may visit).

Kevin McPherson

Justin Forrest is the son of 2-time Georgia Mr. Basketball, McDonald's AA, and GaTech great James Forrest (6-8 forward) of Atlanta ... he played at GaTech at the same time Scotty Thurman played at Arkansas, would not be surprised if there is a friendship between those two that is playing into this Hog interest (speculating). Team Forrest, who Justin plays for, is named after James.

Justin has a bunch of low- and mid-major offers.

hogwood

Justin played high school ball with Victor Enoh this year at Greenforest. So the staff has probably already seen him play and evaluated him a number of times.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: hogwood on April 17, 2017, 05:57:20 am
Justin played high school ball with Victor Enoh this year at Greenforest. So the staff has probably already seen him play and evaluated him a number of times.

I guess that's possible, but Arkansas got in on Enoh in the spring/summer while he was playing w/CP3 Elite in Nike EYBL, and he was already committed to Memphis by the first week of October (before the HS season started) ... very little evaluation is done during HS season anyway, most is done in the spring/summer. If the staff had seen Forrest play and evaluated him a number of times, I don't think it would be playing with Enoh at Greenforest. It's possible but seems unlikely.

hogwood

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on April 17, 2017, 09:02:07 am
I guess that's possible, but Arkansas got in on Enoh in the spring/summer while he was playing w/CP3 Elite in Nike EYBL, and he was already committed to Memphis by the first week of October (before the HS season started) ... very little evaluation is done during HS season anyway, most is done in the spring/summer. If the staff had seen Forrest play and evaluated him a number of times, I don't think it would be playing with Enoh at Greenforest. It's possible but seems unlikely.

You are right there. Just making a possible connection.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: hogwood on April 18, 2017, 05:19:14 am
You are right there. Just making a possible connection.

I'm with ya, tough to connect the dots sometimes. If Hogs asked for Enoh's HS game tapes after seeing him play during EYBL last summer, they could have noticed Forrest that way and started inquiring. You just never know until you know, and this is one prospect I know almost nothing about right now.

Kevin McPherson

Swinesong1

2017 Greenforest Christian (GA) G Justin Forrest has committed to Appalachian State.