Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Happy Easter baseball fans!

Started by ThisTeetsTaken, April 16, 2017, 06:52:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisTeetsTaken

Don't forget why we celebrate.  Jesus rose on the 3rd day and still lives today!
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

SPAL

Sho Nuff

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Birminghog

JHicks3636

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

SPAL

April 16, 2017, 01:48:00 pm #9 Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 02:20:47 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
The game thread that changed the world....

Jesus steps up to the Sanhedrin. He is perfect so far. So far he has healed a blind man, made lame walk, and brought a man back from the dead.

He will face ciaphis, he is the ace of the staff and has been a thorn in the side of Jesus. He has hurled accusations and tossed blame and thrown insults unmercifully. This will be a true test for the Christ.

Ciaphis fires it in there...A strike, right at the heart of Jesus. He used a blazing accusation that he is not the son Of God and that he is causing the nation to riot.

The 0-1 is swung on as Jesus claims to have been given power by God. Its a miss as Ciaphis isn't buying it.

Ciaphis steps back and adjusts his robe. It appears a change is being made. Pilate appears to be coming on in releif. No, pilate signals for King Herod for the final blow.

Herod comes in to an 0-2 count. It's not looking good for Jesus. Satan, the manager of the club , seems to have gotten a bit of confidence.

Satan so far hasn't been able to solve this Jesus and has been defeated many times. His latest battle with Jesus took place in the garden of Gethsemane where he almost had Jesus. Jesus was weak, tired, and emotionally drained from his previous outing and Satan threw his best pitch, Jesus was tempted, but he laid off and hit a walk off.

So Herod is on in releif here, but he can't figure out how to get an out here. He says he can't do it because of the perfect record Jesus boasts.

Another call to the bullpen, and this time it is Pilate. Pontius Pilate on in relief of ciaphis.

Pilate is a righty from Judea who who rules the Roman countryside. He doesn't look to sure of himself right now as Jesus steadies himself for the next pitch.

Here comes the 0-2....And what a pitch. Pilate fires off an offspeed pitch that didn't fool Jesus, but fooled the crowd. In fact, his pitch is to the crowd....."should I release barabus or Jesus. "

That's what the crowd came from and they rise to their feet and begin the chant of "free barabus. Free barabus."." Pilate is stunned at this, bit he doesn't ballk. Jesus is retired on 3 pitches.

We go to the bottom of the 1st day....All knotted up, 0-0.

SPAL

April 16, 2017, 01:54:05 pm #10 Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 02:22:42 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
An unnmaed Roman guard steps up with Jesus on the post. It's an offensive onslaught as nothing Jesus does seems to matter.

The Roman guards and soldiers are having a field day. Jesus seems to have lost it, but he maintains his control.

They are really whipping Jesus now. You can look on his face, he is barely recognizable. There is no one to call in the bullpen. Jesus will have to finish this one alone.

Jesus maintains composure but the beating continues. Coach Satan seems to finally gotten one over on Jesus.

Jesus can't continue as he is whipped up and down the path. The crowd has turned on the Bethlehem native. He is a visitor in his own town of Jerusalem. The crowd begins to mock him and spit on him. The umpires let them go.....It's turned into a mockery.

But Jesus must continue to face murders row. There is no hope in site, you just have to hope that he can ressurect himself.

Finally, Jesus gets some breathing room but he must now face his most deadly foe...The Cross.

SPAL

The cross looms large. Intimidating and deadly, Jesus steps up to face it. Jesus is worn, emotionally and physically. Only a few Jesus fans remain. In fact, his entire team has left the game, except John. John remained.

Jesus is up, and he is hammered by the nails. The cross is powerful. Blood pours down. The count is 1 strike, no how.

The next one is in the wrist for strike #2. Jesus can't find releif.

Here is the 0-2....Jesus is literally hanging in the balance. The next one....Oh, it's strike 3. Right at the ankles and Jesus is locked up.

Jesus has finally waved the white flag. He gives up. Everybody has given up, even his own father has turned his back. Good Friday has turned into a nightmare for Jesus. But as Jesus hangs in there, it seems, the game isn't over.

SPAL

As Jesus is retired for good....We caught up with the head coach who was victorious over Jesus....

Satan, tell us what your game plan was going into this day.

"Well, I knew I couldn't beat Jesus alone. I tried in the garden and the desert but he was too strong. I had to find a way to get religion involved and once those guys came to play, it was a game changer. "

What do you think about the words Jesus spoke when he said he would come back in 3 days and win the game. He guaranteed victory over you.

" Well, Jesus is dead. You saw it. He gave everybody false hope. His own disciples turned on. His best player, Peter, gave a press conference and said he never knew Jesus. It's over. Nobody cares about this Jesus anymore. Yeah, he was good once, but his time is over. Now, I'm the king. "

Well, thanks Satan. It will be interesting to see how and if Jesus responds.

SPAL

We are back for game 2 and we are live at Joseph's tomb. Jesus has forfeited today. He lies, dead in the tomb. Satan has been victorious. This massive stone is blocking the entry way and we can't get a glimpse inside, but we are told Jesus is indeed there and he is indeed dead at the age of 33. We will have more when information is given..

SPAL

It's game 3 and it's a dark, gloomy night here at Calvary. Team Satan is here, but they aren't even dressed. Nobody remais.  It's pretty much a given the Jesus will not be victorious here today.

I'm Simon and I will be calling the game live as it unfolds, but we aren't counting on anything happening today. Jesus seems to be over and Satan has been victorious.

Something does seem to be taking place right now. The Earth is shaking. I'm not sure what to make if it folks. A bright light is peircing the darkness. I can't even look at it, it's so bright.

Woah, someone is stepping up to the tomb of Jesus and stands in front of the stone.

OMG , he is moving the stone. This is miraculous. Nonhuman being can move that stone. This is superhuman. I cannot believe what I'm seeing. He has moved the stone away. No Roman guards are here. This guy is about to loot the body of Jesus.

Wait, a shadowy figure emerges from the tomb. Who is this? What am I seeing here? This can't be....It just can't be. This man is beautiful. He is glorious. He is royal. But who is it?

He is walking out of the tomb. Oh Lord, it's Jesus.  HE HAS BEEN RESSURECTED. HE IS ALIVE. HE IS ALIVE. GE IS ALIVE.

Jesus is alive ladies and gentlemen and he is looking for Satan. Satan charges him, but Jesus sidesteps. Jesus swings his bat and launches one, deep to the heavens. It's long gone. Death, hell, the grave are retired in order as Jesus comes up in the bottom of the 9th and hits a walkoff.

It's over ladies and gentlemen....I can't believe what I have witnessed here today. Jesus Christ was dead, but now he lives. He is alive and he just stole a victory from the jaws of defeat. It's nothing short of a miracle.

Stay tuned ladies and gentlemen....Jesus will be back with us shortly. Until then, keep your eyes on heaven.

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

micali