Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Akial Byers

Started by ricepig, April 15, 2017, 10:09:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Read elsewhere where he made his ACT score recently, and was at Mizzou's spring game today.

King Kong

Good for him. Technically, he could Blueshirt here

ADavisTheGOAT

He would be nice to have
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

factchecker

April 15, 2017, 10:54:16 pm #3 Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:02:48 am by factchecker
Quote from: Hogfan991 on April 15, 2017, 10:28:21 pm
He would be nice to have

He should have handled things better.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

tophawg19

wonder if the clearing house will flag him ? they often do on late qualifiers
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HOGINTENNESSEE

Talent wise we could use him

HogHomer

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 16, 2017, 12:28:18 am
Talent wise we could use him
Sure we could but I'd rather not have a player who lied during his recruitment and tried to put our coaches in a tough spot. Not the type of traits you want on a team that already had rumors of tension in the locker room.

LRrazorback

Quote from: HogHomer on April 16, 2017, 02:30:42 am
Sure we could but I'd rather not have a player who lied during his recruitment and tried to put our coaches in a tough spot. Not the type of traits you want on a team that already had rumors of tension in the locker room.

Huh?  Expound

secneahog

Byers is a good kid, just has a learning disability.    Were not thin at DL, we have 6-8 interior dlineman who can flat out play.  We dont need suspect academic guys, its not the identity Bielema has brought to Arkansas.  Remember the big time OL that went to UGA? The GCCC guy.   We ended up pulling his offer, because we didnt think he would fit in socially with the rest of the team.

One day people on HV will understand Bielema has requirements, for someone to be a Hog. Which I absolutely love.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

factchecker

April 16, 2017, 07:57:49 am #9 Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 08:12:18 am by factchecker
Quote from: LRrazorback on April 16, 2017, 07:44:16 am
Huh?  Expound

Interview with a recruiting reporter: http://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/interview-arkansas-class-of-2017-dt-akial-byers-gives-recruiting-update/

QuoteHave you taken any unofficial visits this offseason?

"I just took one to Arkansas over the weekend."

How did that visit go?

"It went good, but they still have not offered me yet."

Have they talked to you about where you stand receiving an offer from them?

"Not really."

When you've talked to them about the program and in regards to recruiting, what have they told you?

"They want me to feel at home or whatever. I'm from right here in their backyard. When I left they said we'll see you soon."

So they have not told you why they have not offered you yet?

"No."

How are you feeling with the recruiting process from Arkansas?

"It's frustrating. I have no clue why they haven't offered me yet."

Say they offer you in a couple of weeks or a couple of months even, will you feel bitter about how long this process has taken without them talking to you about it first?

"Yeah."

Everyone knew why he wasn't offered.  Lunney handles instate kids and is very upfront and honest about the process.  Ask any high school coach or in state recruit about this fact.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

onebadrubi

Quote from: LRrazorback on April 16, 2017, 07:44:16 am
Huh?  Expound

He told some Arkansas media he had no clue why Arkansas would not extend him an offer, when he knew the coaches weren't offering him till he could get his grades and act up

hawgwash

Not positive but I think LRrazorback's "Huh? Expound" referred to HogHomer's comment about rumors of tension in the locker room.  I know I was wondering about that comment.

factchecker

Quote from: hawgwash on April 16, 2017, 08:03:40 am
Not positive but I think LRrazorback's "Huh? Expound" referred to HogHomer's comment about rumors of tension in the locker room.  I know I was wondering about that comment.

Gotcha.  It was revealed after the bowl that there was some rifts in the locker room.  I think Mike Irwin talked about it some.  There might have been rumors about conflicts on the defensive staff.  I'm not sure about all the details so someone else will have to give some more insight.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawgwash

Quote from: factchecker on April 16, 2017, 08:05:33 am
Gotcha.  It was revealed after the bowl that there was some rifts in the locker room.  I think Mike Irwin talked about it some.  There might have been rumors about conflicts on the defensive staff.  I'm not sure about all the details so someone else will have to give some more insight.
Ah.  I did read the stuff about the staff but didn't recall anything about conflicts between players, which is what I assumed HogHomer's comment was about.  I could be misinterpreting it though.

secneahog

If I had to guess, Im sure some players on the defense was tired of Robb Smith scheme?...Just like every Razorback fan was.   
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

factchecker

Quote from: secneahog on April 16, 2017, 08:56:35 am
If I had to guess, Im sure some players on the defense was tired of Robb Smith scheme?...Just like every Razorback fan was.   

I'm sure more info will come out as time goes on.  It will be telling if we play more aggressive this season (stunts/blitzes).

In regards to Byers.  I really hope he avoids JUCO and is successful (when he isn't playing the Hogs).  I don't know the success rate of kids when they divert to JUCO but it's frustrating to see kids have their bright future get derailed.

I don't think there is an offer to be made by us regardless of his eligibility now due to scholarship limitations.  With the Arkansas boys they have up there (Powell, Crockett, Utsey) if Byers winds up at Mizzou it will just make that rivalry game stronger.

https://twitter.com/taylorwpowell/status/853293165364817921
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on April 16, 2017, 09:33:01 am
I'm sure more info will come out as time goes on.  It will be telling if we play more aggressive this season (stunts/blitzes).

In regards to Byers.  I really hope he avoids JUCO and is successful (when he isn't playing the Hogs).  I don't know the success rate of kids when they divert to JUCO but it's frustrating to see kids have their bright future get derailed.

I don't think there is an offer to be made by us regardless of his eligibility now due to scholarship limitations.  With the Arkansas boys they have up there (Powell, Crockett, Utsey) if Byers winds up at Mizzou it will just make that rivalry game stronger.

My guess, Arkansas offers a blue shirt opportunity, we'll see.

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on April 16, 2017, 09:56:52 am
My guess, Arkansas offers a blue shirt opportunity, we'll see.

I wonder if that will be the norm for most teams pursuing Byers.  I'm not sure if it would be dependent on 2017's 25 or on the total 85 allotment..... or both.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

HogHomer

Quote from: hawgwash on April 16, 2017, 08:08:50 am
Ah.  I did read the stuff about the staff but didn't recall anything about conflicts between players, which is what I assumed HogHomer's comment was about.  I could be misinterpreting it though.
Sorry I just kind of dropped that comment then left without going further. And yes like many have said already there was rumored to be tension on the defensive staff this year which I believe led to tension on the defensive side of the ball between the younger and older players.

hawgwash

Quote from: factchecker on April 16, 2017, 09:33:01 am

Don't we have one scholarship left from 2017?  The one we were hoping to give Pagano?

ricepig

Quote from: hawgwash on April 16, 2017, 11:56:04 am
Don't we have one scholarship left from 2017?  The one we were hoping to give Pagano?

We gave that to Gabe(also known as Gave on here) who was going to blue shirt. I assume we could offer him a blue shirt, as we did his teammate, Ty Clary.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: tusksincolorado on April 16, 2017, 11:07:09 am
He or We?
I believe the original poster was very clear as to which one. And rightfully so.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 16, 2017, 01:09:40 pm
I believe the original poster was very clear as to which one. And rightfully so.

Yes, I read his explanation further down the posting...MB.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!