Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Taccolini and Alberius

Started by BoarnSupremacy, April 15, 2017, 06:26:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BoarnSupremacy

Whats wrong with Taco and Alberius?  They were two go to guys last 2 years.  Now they cant even go a couple innings.

HogFansReunited

Taco hasn't been the same since he was injured but he is getting better. Alberius is more of a closer or middle relief type of guy. Considering that, he hasn't been bad at all and DVH goes to the pen quick when he gets in a little trouble.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: HogFansReunited on April 15, 2017, 06:29:50 pm
Taco hasn't been the same since he was injured but he is getting better. Alberius is more of a closer or middle relief type of guy. Considering that, he hasn't been bad at all and DVH goes to the pen quick when he gets in a little trouble.

Yeah.  I see he is quick to pull them.

johogs001

Since Alberius seems to prefer and/or is best in that middle relief route why do you think DVH doesn't have him in the 6-8 innings on Saturday night? I think this could strengthen our chances of winning the first 2 games of a series. Sunday could go for Taco to start then move into Reindl.

SPAL

Quote from: johogs001 on April 16, 2017, 10:28:39 am
Since Alberius seems to prefer and/or is best in that middle relief route why do you think DVH doesn't have him in the 6-8 innings on Saturday night? I think this could strengthen our chances of winning the first 2 games of a series. Sunday could go for Taco to start then move into Reindl.

Because he is a pitch to contact guy. Not ideal for late innings when the game is on the line.

Kevin

wish heiss had better control right now. he should get another opportunity Tuesday or wednesday
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

DiamondHogFan

This is where the pre-season injuries come back to hurt us.  We have been able to persevere on Sundays and win those games with short outings by Alberius, but come tournament time it will be much more difficult.  We need someone to step up on Sundays and give us a consistent 5+ innings whether it be Alberius or someone else. 

Having to use Reindl on Saturday could hurts us down the stretch.  Hopefully we can avoid those situations.  Maybe Kopps can become our Sunday guy.

Tacco and Alberius are veterans.  They will definitely help us down the stretch.

Kevin

we are going to need taco, to find his form
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

We are built for a Super Regional this year, not so much a Regional or CWS, which sucks because we have the bats.

southarkhog06

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on April 17, 2017, 09:20:50 am
This is where the pre-season injuries come back to hurt us.  We have been able to persevere on Sundays and win those games with short outings by Alberius, but come tournament time it will be much more difficult.  We need someone to step up on Sundays and give us a consistent 5+ innings whether it be Alberius or someone else. 

Having to use Reindl on Saturday could hurts us down the stretch.  Hopefully we can avoid those situations.  Maybe Kopps can become our Sunday guy.

Tacco and Alberius are veterans.  They will definitely help us down the stretch.
I actually disagree, I think it hurts us more on those 4-5 game weeks during the season. we are set up fairly well to win 2 in a row, which wins a Super and uses up the other teams bullpens in regionals and CWS.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: BoarnSupremacy on April 15, 2017, 06:26:55 pm
Whats wrong with Taco and Alberius?  They were two go to guys last 2 years.  Now they cant even go a couple innings.
Control
"The more things change the more they stay the same"