Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

wild soft ball game going on in Mizzou

Started by flippinhogmana, April 08, 2017, 03:50:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

hogs have come back with three runs in the top of the 7th so far to take the lead, two still on, one out.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

April 08, 2017, 03:53:44 pm #1 Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 04:05:04 pm by flippinhogmana
going to the bottom of the seventh, lets see if the hogs can steal one 6-5 hogs.  Storms in the circle.  Storms lost yesterday despite throwing a two hitter.  Only run scored with the help of a stolen base and a passed ball with only one hit in the inning.  miserable to get beat with an unearned run after a complete game two hitter.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Ist hitter Romaine pops us. one down.
2nd hitter grounds out to storms, two down
3rd hitter grounds out and thats a winner!

flippinhogmana

April 08, 2017, 04:01:46 pm #3 Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 04:49:16 pm by flippinhogmana
Hogs really needed this.  It breaks a nine game conference losing streak-all to ranked teams.

Hogs got out to a two run lead, mizzou answered with a run, then two to take a one run lead, hogs tied it up (3-3), then mizzou scored two, but then came the top of the seventh heroics.

Bugarin is one of the hitting stars today with a homer and a bunt single to get the rally underway (although she struck out swinging the tenth batter in the inning to end the top of the seventh).  The other star is Krzysko who had a two run single for the win.

Storms was in and out of the circle and didnt have her best stuff but showed her grit to get the win holding the tigers the last two innings.

flippinhogmana

I almost quit following the game-glad I didnt.

Knot2brite

I was wondering if softball was ever going to get back on hogville...I come in here to read the game threads and they haven't been on here since JD got fired ....I can't see them so I read about them here ...glad to see the info today
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Knot2brite on April 08, 2017, 10:20:13 pm
I was wondering if softball was ever going to get back on hogville...I come in here to read the game threads and they haven't been on here since JD got fired ....I can't see them so I read about them here ...glad to see the info today

Psych or I usually either do a game (but not since they have been on their losing streak, its too depressing).