Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BREAKING: Amauri Hardy, 6-2 PG and 2017 ESPN 4*, confirms Hogs OFFERED today

Started by Kevin McPherson, April 06, 2017, 12:39:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoofer

He seemed like he was open to committing if visit went well. He did similar after OSU on his original commitment. He didn't have any other visits planned coming into our visit. Hard for me to interpret this any other than we did not close the deal here. Disappointing, I really wanted him to be the final piece of this puzzle.

We've missed on several final pieces now, Enoh, etc.

hogwood

Quote from: hoofer on April 16, 2017, 09:28:41 pm
He seemed like he was open to committing if visit went well. He did similar after OSU on his original commitment. He didn't have any other visits planned coming into our visit. Hard for me to interpret this any other than we did not close the deal here. Disappointing, I really wanted him to be the final piece of this puzzle.

Enoh didn't even make it for a visit, but he would've been the last scholarship.

HogCzar1

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on April 16, 2017, 09:22:38 pm
https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/853795279161655296
Quote from: hoofer on April 16, 2017, 09:28:41 pm

I guess you never know, but it's hard to get excited about Hardy's comments. Not exactly what you would expect someone who is thinking seriously about signing with us to say.

Although the staff seems to be working hard, we seem to have a hard time closing on out of state recruits. Hopefully, we can land a prospect who can contribute.

RealHog

I think Hardy is enjoying all the attention. No way to know what he'll do.

Hawg Red

Quote from: HogCzar1 on April 16, 2017, 10:03:31 pm
I guess you never know, but it's hard to get excited about Hardy's comments. Not exactly what you would expect someone who is thinking seriously about signing with us to say.

Although the staff seems to be working hard, we seem to have a hard time closing on out of state recruits. Hopefully, we can land a prospect who can contribute.

It's hard to land good late period recruits if you don't have immediate playing time to offer. Hardy was headed to Oklahoma State, where is wasn't a secret that Juwan Evans was probably going to go pro. We saw Zhaire Smith pick Texas Tech, who is losing Aaron Ross and Anthony Livingston at forward. I'd like to think the Hogs could have snagged either of these players if they had good minutes available at their positions, but the Hogs just don't have any clear, immediate playing time open right now. They have a ton of playing time available for 2018-2019, but yeah, six seniors, three in-state freshmen, and two intriguing sophomores are likely making it tough for them to close on their top targets right now. I think they'd be best to go all-in for Markel Crawford because he could cut in line ahead of Hall or whoever they are going to play on the wing for this season. Gonna be tough to get a priority freshman, though. Hate to see it unfold like that because I thought we had a good shot at one time with both Smith and Hardy. It's reduced my confidence in getting Barrett as well.

NWAHog479

Hardy is going to take a few more official visits, can't blame the kid. May as well get the best look at all of the schools recruiting you. Glad he enjoyed his visit to Fayetteville.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 17, 2017, 07:44:33 am
It's hard to land good late period recruits if you don't have immediate playing time to offer. Hardy was headed to Oklahoma State, where is wasn't a secret that Juwan Evans was probably going to go pro. We saw Zhaire Smith pick Texas Tech, who is losing Aaron Ross and Anthony Livingston at forward. I'd like to think the Hogs could have snagged either of these players if they had good minutes available at their positions, but the Hogs just don't have any clear, immediate playing time open right now. They have a ton of playing time available for 2018-2019, but yeah, six seniors, three in-state freshmen, and two intriguing sophomores are likely making it tough for them to close on their top targets right now. I think they'd be best to go all-in for Markel Crawford because he could cut in line ahead of Hall or whoever they are going to play on the wing for this season. Gonna be tough to get a priority freshman, though. Hate to see it unfold like that because I thought we had a good shot at one time with both Smith and Hardy. It's reduced my confidence in getting Barrett as well.

It's hard to wait on a kid when it comes to this late in recruiting. I think we should go all in on Crawford and see if we can get a commitment.

The_Iceman

If we lose Macon, but gain Crawford, that will almost wash out. Both would be seniors. Similar stats. Macon better shooter, Crawford is a better rebounder and defender at 6'5".

Losing Barford AND Macon would be tough even if we got Hardy and Crawford, but the transition would be less bumpy.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 17, 2017, 10:44:14 am
If we lose Macon, but gain Crawford, that will almost wash out. Both would be seniors. Similar stats. Macon better shooter, Crawford is a better rebounder and defender at 6'5".

Losing Barford AND Macon would be tough even if we got Hardy and Crawford, but the transition would be less bumpy.

Barford has consistently talked about coming back. He won't be going anywhere.

k.c.hawg

I can't imagine why a kid from Michigan would want to leave his recruitment open and take a trip to visit Vegas.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

razorhead94

Quote from: k.c.hawg on April 17, 2017, 11:29:27 am
I can't imagine why a kid from Michigan would want to leave his recruitment open and take a trip to visit Vegas.

Haha...don't tell anyone on this board that though
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

azhog10

I expect us to apply a little more heat on Hardy if in fact we still want him after he visited. Obviously you want to give him a few days to go back and talk with his family. I think it's good the staff keeps looking and doesn't stop until they get that signature.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: NWAHog479 on April 17, 2017, 08:21:41 am
Hardy is going to take a few more official visits, can't blame the kid. May as well get the best look at all of the schools recruiting you. Glad he enjoyed his visit to Fayetteville.

I agree with you. Can't blame Hardy for visits but we need a PG and/or possible replacement fof Macon so we need the first stud who wants to commit. So I hope we keep recruiting hard and take the best available who wants to be a Hawg.

The_Iceman

Letsroll1200

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 17, 2017, 05:41:42 pm
Black folk are lazy.  It's an "implied" thing.  I've yet to understand why the people who continually use catch words and phrases are allowed to do so.

IDK, maybe it keeps the post count up for the site. Can't really think of any other reason offhand.
Hogs up! Covid down!

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: azhog10 on April 17, 2017, 11:44:25 am
I expect us to apply a little more heat on Hardy if in fact we still want him after he visited. Obviously you want to give him a few days to go back and talk with his family. I think it's good the staff keeps looking and doesn't stop until they get that signature.

Had the exact same line of thinking..  He nearly ended his recruitment during his visit here.  I'd say Arkansas is in the driver's seat but you never know with kid's these day's.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Letsroll1200

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: FineAsSwine on April 17, 2017, 09:05:40 pm
Why? We haven't seen him play at the d1 level yet.

We are desperate for a lead guard and we have one on the roster. The staff are aggressively trying to find a true lead guard. Maybe the staff plans to bring RJ on slowly.

reddawg213

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on April 17, 2017, 09:19:26 pm
We are desperate for a lead guard and we have one on the roster. The staff are aggressively trying to find a true lead guard. Maybe the staff plans to bring RJ on slowly.

Just for reference, even though Hardy's a ranked prospect, his and Glasper's numbers are very similar

Senior Year stats

Hardy - 29 pts, 7 rebs, 6 ast, & 6 stls
Glasper - 27.3 pts, 5.5 rebs, 8.7 ast and 4.4 stls

I would add that Glasper also has 2 State titles and was the lead scorer in both games.

Frankly, the only reason he doesn't have a scholarship is that it is a small guard. If he was 3+ inches taller with the same numbers, he likely would have been ranked about the same as Austin Reaves (who averaged 26.5 PPG 8.5 RPG 7 APG.) But, Glasper was an OUTSTANDING HS player and is probably the most underrated player on the roster.

Perception is one thing but  . . . . . The ball don't lie. Glasper is as solid as any HS player they are looking at.

chiti66

Quote from: reddawg213 on April 18, 2017, 12:10:29 am
Just for reference, even though Hardy's a ranked prospect, his and Glasper's numbers are very similar

Senior Year stats

Hardy - 29 pts, 7 rebs, 6 ast, & 6 stls
Glasper - 27.3 pts, 5.5 rebs, 8.7 ast and 4.4 stls

I would add that Glasper also has 2 State titles and was the lead scorer in both games.

Frankly, the only reason he doesn't have a scholarship is that it is a small guard. If he was 3+ inches taller with the same numbers, he likely would have been ranked about the same as Austin Reaves (who averaged 26.5 PPG 8.5 RPG 7 APG.) But, Glasper was an OUTSTANDING HS player and is probably the most underrated player on the roster.

Perception is one thing but  . . . . . The ball don't lie. Glasper is as solid as any HS player they are looking at.

I really like Hardy, and Barrett and would take either.....but if what you say is true, I'd much rather go after a big like Gabe.  This recruiting of PGs makes me think that we are indeed losing one of our "prized" guards.  I guess we'll know something definitive in a few weeks.

WPS!

King Kong

Quote from: chiti66 on April 18, 2017, 06:00:24 am
I really like Hardy, and Barrett and would take either.....but if what you say is true, I'd much rather go after a big like Gabe.  This recruiting of PGs makes me think that we are indeed losing one of our "prized" guards.  I guess we'll know something definitive in a few weeks.

WPS!

They are recruiting PG so we have an experienced ball handler when the the 2018 class arrives. Which is the reason they have look at 2 transfer Pg that wouldn't be eligible for next year

The_Bionic_Pig

I'm about to remove everything that veered off subject....carry on gentleman :)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hawg66

Thx for the link. Sounds like Anderson did all he could do. We'll see, but it sounds like still a possibility.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hawg66 on April 19, 2017, 11:47:04 am
Thx for the link. Sounds like Anderson did all he could do. We'll see, but it sounds like still a possibility.

I think we're still in the mix, but not getting that pledge on the visit might come back to get us. It sounds like the coaches were close to getting him, though. Hopefully the visit to Fayetteville stands out above the rest when it's all said and done.

Hawg4life33

Going to be difficult to beat out Memphis it sounds like. They basically are creating a roster in the late signing period so there is the promise of almost unlimited playing time if you can beat out other late signees. If that is the motivation we can't compete with that until Barford and Macon make their decisions.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Hawg4life33 on April 19, 2017, 12:33:23 pm
Going to be difficult to beat out Memphis it sounds like. They basically are creating a roster in the late signing period so there is the promise of almost unlimited playing time if you can beat out other late signees. If that is the motivation we can't compete with that until Barford and Macon make their decisions.

Bingo. These kids want to play early and often. It's better for Arkansas if Macon and Barford both return -- they're Hogs' 2 biggest "recruits" above all other remaining / realistic possibilities to round out the '17 class. Sure, they'd love to add a Hardy while keeping Macon and Barford, but as you pointed out there are better options out there for kids wanting/expecting to get big minutes next year.

The Hogfather

And basically a terrible team.

ArkansasI

Quote from: King Kong on April 19, 2017, 11:33:06 am
Latest on Amauri Hardy from his dad

https://memphis.rivals.com/news/smith-and-staff-closing-in-on-impact-guards

Thanks for posting.  Having never been recruited as an athlete myself, I find it interesting trying to piece together Mike's pitch to recruits.  Seems clear that the staff leans heavily upon Nolan's tenure...  Being 20 years beyond our glory days, perhaps we should consider a fresher message.  Mike may be dangerously establishing himself as a second tier coach.  Certainly not bad, but not that good, either.

Amauri's father's comments stung a little bit.  Mike may be one of the most "liked" men in the country.  Yet, so many seem to dance a soft shoe around him to go elsewhere.  Tubby is described as a legend.  While he is undoubtedly a fine coach, he hasn't set the world on fire since he left Kentucky.

As Rock City replied - He gone.

Recruits continue visits because they haven't found a home.  You don't grow a healthy relationship with a coach you want to play for by visiting other coaches and programs.  It is a little strange to me that Amauri isn't following Underwood to Illinois.

The Hogfather

Quote from: ArkansasI on April 19, 2017, 01:01:40 pm
Thanks for posting.  Having never been recruited as an athlete myself, I find it interesting trying to piece together Mike's pitch to recruits.  Seems clear that the staff leans heavily upon Nolan's tenure...  Being 20 years beyond our glory days, perhaps we should consider a fresher message.  Mike may be dangerously establishing himself as a second tier coach.  Certainly not bad, but not that good, either.

Amauri's father's comments stung a little bit.  Mike may be one of the most "liked" men in the country.  Yet, so many seem to dance a soft shoe around him to go elsewhere.  Tubby is described as a legend.  While he is undoubtedly a fine coach, he hasn't set the world on fire since he left Kentucky.

As Rock City replied - He gone.

Recruits continue visits because they haven't found a home.  You don't grow a healthy relationship with a coach you want to play for by visiting other coaches and programs.  It is a little strange to me that Amauri isn't following Underwood to Illinois.

OMG.  Tubby is a "legendary coach"?  As you said, he's not great.  He's decent.  Their roster is falling apart and they are filling in with late signees.  Not a good mix.

The only thing Memphis has going for it is early playing time.  Period.

King Kong

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 19, 2017, 12:05:46 pm
I think we're still in the mix, but not getting that pledge on the visit might come back to get us. It sounds like the coaches were close to getting him, though. Hopefully the visit to Fayetteville stands out above the rest when it's all said and done.

I agree. I think the question is now how long are we willing/able to wait on Hardy. Sounds like Hardy is atleast 2 weeks from a decision.

The Hogfather

Over the last decade, at Minnesota, Texas Tech, and Memphis, here are Tubby's averages:

18.8 wins, 14.4 losses overall (7.3 wins, 10.7 losses in conference)

4 NCAAT appearances, 3 of which they failed to make it out of the 1st round.  The furthest one of his teams has gone in the NCAAT over the last decade is the Round of 32.

Most wins:  23

4 20+ win seasons, all of which were at Minnesota.

Over that same decade, Mike Anderson's numbers at Missouri and Arkansas:

22.1 wins, 11.9 losses overall (9.6 wins, 7.4 losses in conference)

5 NCAAT appearances, all but one they got past the 1st round, one of which was an Elite Eight appearance.

Most wins:  31

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: The Hogfather on April 19, 2017, 01:23:53 pm
Over the last decade, at Minnesota, Texas Tech, and Memphis, here are Tubby's averages:

18.8 wins, 14.4 losses overall (7.3 wins, 10.7 losses in conference)

4 NCAAT appearances, 3 of which they failed to make it out of the 1st round.  The furthest one of his teams has gone in the NCAAT over the last decade is the Round of 32.

Most wins:  23

4 20+ win seasons, all of which were at Minnesota.

And he was riding conference coattails to get into the dance those 4 trips. Not 1 winning conference record in last 10 years as well.  Orlando just collecting checks these days.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

zebradynasty

No that shouldn't be a concern for this kid if he is truly a PG. Neither Barford, Macon or Beard are PG's. Playing time wont be a issue here. Heck the fact that he'll have someone to pass it to that can put the ball in the hole should give him the opportunity to be one of the top assist leaders in the SEC (If he's truly a PG). I think it might come down to campus/off campus atmosphere if it does Arkansas might get nudged out.

jjdlc

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on April 19, 2017, 02:40:30 pm
Crazy the perception that's created just by being a coach at Kenlucky... Tubby is way past his prime and hasn't done squat. Playing in the FedEx Forum would be pretty cool, but we've got a great arena ourselves. And no way I'd live in Memphis over Fayetteville. Plus, SEC is better and we'll have a team that will actually make it to the dance, then he'll get his shot at starting with more talented guys coming in and being a consistent in the CBB landscape again. Again though, it all goes back to perception.

Tubby was a good coach in his prime, thats how he ended up at Kentucky, but he didn't really do anything that great while he had Kentucky's assets behind him.  Since then he has been pretty average at best.  Playing time is one thing, but it's going to take a while for things at Memphis to get back on track.  I really hope we can real this kid in.  I heard one of the talking heads on the radio yesterday say that Glasper is looking at other schools.  I hate that, I thought he could earn a scholarship, life just dealt him a bad hand last year.

Van Boarisson

reddawg213

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on April 19, 2017, 04:01:48 pm
I agree, but it is hard to deny that Memphis, while down now, has had some success and is regarded as a good program. I honestly don't blame the kid for wanting to take visits, and given the opportunity, I'd probably do the same. In reality, we SHOULD probably get this kid. But as mentioned, if he and his family care more about immediate playing time and a coach they think is superior, then Memphis is going to offer that more than the Hogs. I do think, however, he's got a much greater opportunity to win here.

Regarding Glasper, it's good that there are other schools (even if they're lower division) wanting him to play for their team. He may have a nice opportunity and take it, but I don't see him leaving after his RS year in which he was injured. He knew what he was signing up for when he chose to walk-on, and now that he's healthy and eligible, h might see some action. He'll be especially useful once it'll be his third year on campus and the 2018 guys come in as we'll be more of an inexperienced team. RJ might not wait that long, but he knows about the recent success of walk-ons here, and if he sees his role, I think he'll stick it out.

It's not a pure basketball decision for the kid. Glasper wants to play at Arkansas but it's a huge financial burden on the family. According to the family, he was told by CMA when he chose to walk-on that a scholarship would be set aside this year so that he would only have to pay one year out of pocket and that pretty much went out the door the moment he got hurt. So now it's not a 10k burden, it's a 20k burden. This isn't a situation like Watkins where the family has money. Every year he is with the Hogs without a scholarship directly hurts him. So it's really a question of is it worth it to stay knowing he is gonna ride the bench or is it better to transfer down, play well as a starter (most likely) and then try to go to a Div 1 (possibly back to Arkansas) as a grad transfer since he will now have the extra year.

Honestly, CMA isn't gonna give this kid any kind of financial support anytime in the near future. With them trying to get a few transfers as well, there may not be a scholarship for him next year either. He has to do what's best for him and his family and while I REALLY want him to stay because I think he could really be that guard that we need, I can't expect this kid to put himself in a bind trying to stay. At the very least, he should be seeing what his options are.

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Van Boarisson on April 19, 2017, 04:42:09 pm
Hardy just started following CMA today. Bet he commits soon.

I just checked and he is following the UNLV coach and the assistant coach from Memphis and BC, but he started following about 8 other Arkansas players (Macon, Portis), recruits (Garland), and coaches (Mike and TJ), plus the communications director at the UofA (David Beal), the main UofA BBall account, and Kevin McPherson.  No one else from UNLV, Memphis, or BC.  Based on that alone, I feel pretty good about this.
SCREW Vandy!

Pinto

Quote from: Hogs49ers on April 19, 2017, 04:47:23 pm

I just checked and he is following the UNLV coach and the assistant coach from Memphis and BC, but he started following about 8 other Arkansas players, recruits, and coaches, plus the communications director at the UofA and the main UofA BBall account.  No one else from UNLV, Memphis, or BC.  Based on that alone, I feel pretty good about this.

Don't look to much into this. Monk followed all of our players and staff and we all know how that went...

Hogs49ers

Quote from: Pinto on April 19, 2017, 04:59:48 pm
Don't look to much into this. Monk followed all of our players and staff and we all know how that went...

I agree, this is definitely not "money in the bank", however, I do think this is a bigger deal than Monk (instate player) following all the Hogs.  Especially when this guy is not following any other school like he is the UofA.

I mean can you honestly tell me that a kid  following everyone from UofA and just 1 person from the other contenders and think that we are not his favorite at the moment?  I mean he could definitely go visit these other schools and add a bunch of players and coaches from those schools and things could change, but at the moment, I would say it is hard to deny that we are leading.
SCREW Vandy!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: zebradynasty on April 19, 2017, 01:46:23 pm
No that shouldn't be a concern for this kid if he is truly a PG. Neither Barford, Macon or Beard are PG's. Playing time wont be a issue here. Heck the fact that he'll have someone to pass it to that can put the ball in the hole should give him the opportunity to be one of the top assist leaders in the SEC (If he's truly a PG). I think it might come down to campus/off campus atmosphere if it does Arkansas might get nudged out.

THE STAT that jumped out at me was29pts & 6 STEAL'S per GAME average!!!!

If he averaged less than half that say 2.5 per game in the SEC and he keeps his A/T ratio 2-1, 3-4 asst & 9-10pts a game I would be absolutely giddy. 

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Pinto

Quote from: Hogs49ers on April 19, 2017, 05:04:55 pm
I agree, this is definitely not "money in the bank", however, I do think this is a bigger deal than Monk (instate player) following all the Hogs.  Especially when this guy is not following any other school like he is the UofA.

I mean can you honestly tell me that a kid  following everyone from UofA and just 1 person from the other contenders and think that we are not his favorite at the moment?  I mean he could definitely go visit these other schools and add a bunch of players and coaches from those schools and things could change, but at the moment, I would say it is hard to deny that we are leading.

Yeah very true. Different scenario. Hopefully it actually means something. I like him 10x more than the other guard...

HogCzar1

At this point it appears that Barrett is the only one we have a real shot at. We passed on the Lawsons, we couldn't get Crawford to visit (although it seemed we weren't very interested), we whiffed on Weathers, apparently no interest in Wooten, and Hardy appears to be not interested enough.

Are we on anyone else that we have a realistic chance of landing?

Would we be better off saving the scholarship for next year, rather than taking a chance on a relatively lightly recruited player?

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: HogCzar1 on April 19, 2017, 09:11:10 pm
At this point it appears that Barrett is the only one we have a real shot at. We passed on the Lawsons, we couldn't get Crawford to visit (although it seemed we weren't very interested), we whiffed on Weathers, apparently no interest in Wooten, and Hardy appears to be not interested enough.

Are we on anyone else that we have a realistic chance of landing?

Would we be better off saving the scholarship for next year, rather than taking a chance on a relatively lightly recruited player?

* Lawsons ... I was told Hogs were not interested for variety of reasons.

* Crawford ... Hogs reached out after several schools did, not sure of the interest level but Hogs did not offer and Crawford never visited.

* Weathers ... Hogs did not whiff ... Weathers' HC at Miami (OH) was fired, Weathers and his twin brother announced they were transferring, and OKSt hired his just-fired HC as an asst ... fairly obvious that no other schools whiffed on this guy because he was going to follow his coach. Hogs were smart to move on when they did.

* Wooten ... Hogs re-offered him very quickly after he de-committed from Arizona State, so I'd say they were interested in him. Doesn't look very promising as far as getting him on campus for a visit, at least to this point.

* Hardy ... he may be looking for a place he can play right away, who knows, but I'd say too early to write him off.

* Barrett ... Michigan likes him (he's got a "provisionary offer" that I won't go into further at this time), Tulane and Hogs have offered.

* Hogs have some other irons in the fire, so we'll see how they proceed.

batmanfan

This is the kind of recruiting battle Arkansas needs to win to show recruiting really has turned around. I know what we have coming in, but getting a out of state kid with no previous connections and some really good offers just isn't the kind of player this staff has brought in during the MA tenure. Arkansas is the better and healthier program than the other three, and leaps and bounds better than the dumpster fires that are UNLV and Memphis.

Otherwise, this will be a same ole, same ole spring.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

ArkansasI

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on April 19, 2017, 09:33:26 pm
* Lawsons ... I was told Hogs were not interested for variety of reasons.

* Crawford ... Hogs reached out after several schools did, not sure of the interest level but Hogs did not offer and Crawford never visited.

* Weathers ... Hogs did not whiff ... Weathers' HC at Miami (OH) was fired, Weathers and his twin brother announced they were transferring, and OKSt hired his just-fired HC as an asst ... fairly obvious that no other schools whiffed on this guy because he was going to follow his coach. Hogs were smart to move on when they did.

* Wooten ... Hogs re-offered him very quickly after he de-committed from Arizona State, so I'd say they were interested in him. Doesn't look very promising as far as getting him on campus for a visit, at least to this point.

* Hardy ... he may be looking for a place he can play right away, who knows, but I'd say too early to write him off.

* Barrett ... Michigan likes him (he's got a "provisionary offer" that I won't go into further at this time), Tulane and Hogs have offered.

* Hogs have some other irons in the fire, so we'll see how they proceed.

Thanks for this... I appreciate the rundown. However, is there anything from what is happening that gives you confidence about our roster management?

This thing feels pretty random. Perhaps that is now the nature of college basketball.