Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BREAKING: Amauri Hardy, 6-2 PG and 2017 ESPN 4*, confirms Hogs OFFERED today

Started by Kevin McPherson, April 06, 2017, 12:39:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chiti66

Top of the list, along with the Canadian kid at SCA.  Let's Go!

Kevin McPherson

KenHawg2023

Do u think this is a first to accept kind of situation or more of a set up the visit after the Weathers kid swings through? Just curious if u have any clue as to the priority of the guys we are on? Thanks as always for all the info!!

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: KenHawg2023 on April 09, 2017, 07:47:41 pm
Do u think this is a first to accept kind of situation or more of a set up the visit after the Weathers kid swings through? Just curious if u have any clue as to the priority of the guys we are on? Thanks as always for all the info!!
Weathers would take up a 2018 schollie and Hardy a 2017 since he's not transferring.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Kevin McPherson

As of today, two kids now have offers to finish '17 -- 3 if you still count Zhaire Smith -- and I think this is a clear case of whoever comes on board first is the guy! Hogs are obvioulsy targeting PGs to close out this class, but let's also keep in mind that we don't know yet if there will be any defections. Almost 400 D1 kids have already announced plans to transfer, so Hogs could be covering bases in case they end up with more than 1 to give.

Not sure about Shakwon Barrett at this point, but until told otherwise, he is expected to visit at a later date and could also receive an offer.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Hogfan991 on April 09, 2017, 07:52:26 pm
Weathers would take up a 2018 schollie and Hardy a 2017 since he's not transferring.

No sir, both are 2017 recruits. Even though Weathers would redshirt in 2017-18, he still occupies a scholly while on redshirt, thus counts toward the total allotted 13 'ships begining w/2017-18 ... that is, IF he comes aboard.

KenHawg2023

The_Iceman

azhog10

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 10, 2017, 06:53:17 am
This is my favorite of all the late period recruits.
Agreed. Good looking PG and doesn't have to st out.

hogwood

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 10, 2017, 06:53:17 am
This is my favorite of all the late period recruits.

Me too. Fingers crossed.

Last time we had a Michigan kid was Olu Famutini I think.

The_Iceman

This would be big because this would be the first 4-star high school recruit Mike has landed from out of state that did not have any strong Arkansas ties. Big step forward in recruiting.

Hawg Red

Would rank our 2017 recruiting class #17 according to 247's class calculator.

niels_boar

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 10, 2017, 11:27:57 am
This would be big because this would be the first 4-star high school recruit Mike has landed from out of state that did not have any strong Arkansas ties. Big step forward in recruiting.

What Arkansas ties did Moses Kingsley have?
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Hawg Red

niels_boar

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 10, 2017, 12:48:05 pm
Arkansas Wings and close friends with Bobby Portis.

These top kids developing relationships in AAU has helped UK as well.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 10, 2017, 12:48:05 pm
Arkansas Wings and close friends with Bobby Portis.

Correct. If Kingsley didn't play for the Arkansas Wings, he isn't a Razorback.

I referring to identifying a prospect you like from out of state, and going and straight up winning a recruiting battle for him without a built in advantage.

NWAHog479

Swinesong1

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 10, 2017, 01:09:46 pm
Correct. If Kingsley didn't play for the Arkansas Wings, he isn't a Razorback.

I referring to identifying a prospect you like from out of state, and going and straight up winning a recruiting battle for him without a built in advantage.
What does it matter? 

azhog10

Here's an older video. He played up for the U17 Family team. If you watch this video closely you might see a familiar face.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t-oPMdQWe4

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: azhog10 on April 10, 2017, 02:16:49 pm
Here's an older video. He played up for the U17 Family team. If you watch this video closely you might see a familiar face.......

Brachen Hazen

The_Iceman

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 10, 2017, 02:12:28 pm
What does it matter?

It matters because eventually you won't have a loaded in state class and will need to be able to land quality kids out of state. He showed that ability once with Kapita, but he never made it to campus.

Landing kids from out of state builds pipelines, expands your recruiting reach, and helps in lean in-state years.

Swinesong1

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 10, 2017, 03:41:35 pm
It matters because eventually you won't have a loaded in state class and will need to be able to land quality kids out of state. He showed that ability once with Kapita, but he never made it to campus.

Landing kids from out of state builds pipelines, expands your recruiting reach, and helps in lean in-state years.
Youre on record as saying he can't recruit.  So again...what does it matter?

bkjbearcat

If you look at this years final four: OR has one player listed from OR. NC had six from NC. SC had 3. And Gonzaga had one from WA. In basketball you could say national recruiting means more then state. If you live in a small state, like AR.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

King Kong

Quote from: hogwood on April 10, 2017, 08:21:49 am
Me too. Fingers crossed.

Last time we had a Michigan kid was Olu Famutini I think.

Glenn Bryant was from Michigan prior to transferring to play at powerhouse Oak Hill in VA

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Swinesong1 on April 10, 2017, 03:47:38 pm
Youre on record as saying he can't recruit.  So again...what does it matter?

MA can recruit. Just when they want to. Some people would call them lazy.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

King Kong

Quote from: niels_boar on April 10, 2017, 01:00:32 pm
These top kids developing relationships in AAU has helped UK as well.

Not with Kentucky AAU teams. It's been more of top players on different AAU teams becoming friends at AAU events as they play each other

niels_boar

Quote from: King Kong on April 10, 2017, 03:59:15 pm
Not with Kentucky AAU teams. It's been more of top players on different AAU teams becoming friends at AAU events as they play each other

It doesn't make much difference how they develop relationships.  Kentucky is always going to draw more national attention than almost every school out there.  It makes Calipari's job easier if, for instance, Bam and Fox are a package deal, and he has starting positions available for both, which he almost always does since the team turns over every year.

King Kong

Quote from: niels_boar on April 10, 2017, 04:22:43 pm
It doesn't make much difference how they develop relationships.  Kentucky is always going to draw more national attention than almost every school out there.  It makes Calipari's job easier if, for instance, Bam and Fox are a package deal, and he has starting positions available for both, which he almost always does since the team turns over every year.

Ok. Moses and Bobby weren't a package deal. Bobby would have came here even if Moses went to Louisville.

rude1

^^Agree with this. Yes we are finally getting better players, but has the recruiting really got better? We are getting players with ties to the state, nothing wrong with this except for the fact that these things tend to be cyclical, and what happens after the in state talent drops off? I would like to see the staff expand their reach and show they can build relationships outside the state and land quality players base off those relationships build, we haven't seen this yet.

Deuce Pigelow

Dominicanhog

Quote from: azhog10 on April 10, 2017, 02:16:49 pm

we don't won't him.... he can't dribble.. no handles....

Dominicanhog

Dominicanhog

This may be the one...

Arthur pigby sellers.

Quote from: rude1 on April 10, 2017, 06:53:14 pm
^^Agree with this. Yes we are finally getting better players, but has the recruiting really got better? We are getting players with ties to the state, nothing wrong with this except for the fact that these things tend to be cyclical, and what happens after the in state talent drops off? I would like to see the staff expand their reach and show they can build relationships outside the state and land quality players base off those relationships build, we haven't seen this yet.
Add in Goodwin and Monk and the state has been producing a good amount of talent for its size. Hopefully that's a positive trend and not a temporary deviation from the norm.

hogwood

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on April 10, 2017, 09:18:31 pm
Add in Goodwin and Monk and the state has been producing a good amount of talent for its size. Hopefully that's a positive trend and not a temporary deviation from the norm.

Arkansas has what, roughly 2.8 million people? And then keep in mind that most of our recruits are from LR, which maybe has a MSA of 700,000...? Compare that to a city similar in size like Tulsa, OK - we drastically out produce that city. And compare Arkansas as a state to city like Cleveland, OH which has a MSA about the size of Arkansas' entire population - and we still have more kids in the top 100 every year from Arkansas.

There is definitely a lot of talent here - more per capita then in most places. If Mike can lock down in-state talent each year and get a 4* from out of state then we will be rolling.

klp1

Pat Lawless‏
@PatLawless_

Follow
More
Amauri Hardy, a class of 2017 PG from North Farmington (MI), will go on an official visit to Arkansas this weekend.

hogwood

Quote from: klp1 on April 11, 2017, 08:49:35 am
Pat Lawless‏
@PatLawless_

Follow
More
Amauri Hardy, a class of 2017 PG from North Farmington (MI), will go on an official visit to Arkansas this weekend.

WPS! He'd be right in line to be a potential starter his SO year with the talented 2018 class.

Pinto

skinnypig

azhog10

Looks like we may get a commit this weekend. Get's an in home and immediately schedules an official. Really, really, really like this guard.

Pinto

I like Hardy over Weathers even though Weathers is already somewhat proven at a mid major school. Need a guard that will be good to play next year in case Macon and/or Barford situation turns for the worst

The_Iceman

This kid is exactly what we need at PG. I really like lefty guards. Looks like his shooting could use some improving, but he is a solid finisher.

Hogimus Prime

Big Nasty 34

Razorod

He reminds me of a bigger Arlyn Bowers.

And yes, he needs work on his outside shot, but it doesn't look like there are any major mechanical issues with his shot. There are some minor ones, but they should be fixable with time in the practice gym.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: azhog10 on April 11, 2017, 09:27:58 am
Looks like we may get a commit this weekend. Get's an in home and immediately schedules an official. Really, really, really like this guard.
Hope you right but the article I read he seemed pretty non-committal about the visit much less a commitment.

azhog10

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on April 11, 2017, 10:45:47 am
Hope you right but the article I read he seemed pretty non-committal about the visit much less a commitment.
HE's also non-committal on taking visits anywhere else. All we know is he only has one visit scheduled and it's to us which came shortly after an in home visit. Hopefully we can get him to pull the trigger and sign with us during his visit. This would be a huge get. I lived in Michigan for 6 years, and there's something about guards who grew up in the city. They have a completely different skill set and mindset. I think it would be a great fit and someone who could come up big in big games.