Shakwon Barrett new PG

Started by klp1, April 06, 2017, 11:45:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

klp1

Evan Daniels‏Verified account
@EvanDaniels

Following
More
2017 guard Shakwon Barrett, of Tech Academy & Grassroots Elite, is visiting Michigan on Friday, per source. Arkansas & Tulane next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fPgit9bzqY

forrest city joe

Good lord,Arkansaas in on a lot of players.names poping up from every where. seems like every day there is a new name.

Hawg Red

Buckle up for the late period, fellas.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on April 06, 2017, 11:59:40 am
Buckle up for the late period, fellas.
Sure looks like it. i don't know which of these players we want more.so many names keep poping up.

navyhog24

I still like the Chris Darrington scenario the most. He could backup Barford and Macon this season to get acclimated from Juco. Then in 2018, he could be the lead man to help that class when it arrives. Then Justice Hill arrives in 2019, if he can't reclassify to 2018. It just seems like the best possible scenario.

The kid is quick and has good handles and a good shot.

The Hogfather

The Hogfather

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 06, 2017, 01:10:34 pm
Shakwon Barrett

I put the wrong handle.  I meant GO22_LT, but I found it.

Thanks.

navyhog24

So, if Gabe and Shakwon are both visiting, does that mean there are two open spots now for the '17 class? Has one of our guys asked for a release after all?

navyhog24

Shakwon looks more like a 2. His handles definitely aren't good enough to be a PG. From doing a tiny bit of searching, he's 6'3-4ish". The video isn't great. He doesn't look quick, has a low release, and not too athletic, not even smooth. We could definitely do better. No offense to the kid.

Hawg Red

Quote from: navyhog24 on April 06, 2017, 01:27:23 pm
So, if Gabe and Shakwon are both visiting, does that mean there are two open spots now for the '17 class? Has one of our guys asked for a release after all?

I haven't not seen it stated either one of them have an offer.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: navyhog24 on April 06, 2017, 01:31:55 pm
His handles definitely aren't good enough to be a PG.

You are out of your mind.

nwahogfan1

I love PGs especially the ones who can score a little so I am glad we are trying to sign one but IMO to get back to being a consistent top 15 team again we need more bigs. I am talking about big physical powerful men who like to get the tough rebounds, score inside the paint and guard the other teams bigs. 

We need to sign us some men Larry Johnson said to Nolan after we got killed against UNLV.    Well,  I say that to Mike.   

Get us some more men.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on April 06, 2017, 03:35:03 pm
I love PGs especially the ones who can score a little so I am glad we are trying to sign one but IMO to get back to being a consistent top 15 team again we need more bigs. I am talking about big physical powerful men who like to get the tough rebounds, score inside the paint and guard the other teams bigs. 

We need to sign us some men Larry Johnson said to Nolan after we got killed against UNLV.    Well,  I say that to Mike.   

Get us some more men.
We get it. You don't have to post the same thing in every basketball recruiting thread.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

The_Bionic_Pig

Concerning PG's hes what I believe to be a Plan B

Weaver - Plan A1
Darrington A2
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HardingHog

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on April 06, 2017, 04:32:32 pm
We get it. You don't have to post the same thing in every basketball recruiting thread.

BrooklynRoss

Get us some more men.

Haha, we get it. You recommend really big, strong, powerful, burly, physical men.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Hogs49ers

SCREW Vandy!

rzrbackramsfan

Get us some more men.

Were you also the poster that said we need to get some big 6'8, 6'9 Lebron James body-type guys?

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on April 06, 2017, 05:36:53 pm
Do you mean Weathers? Weaver is a 2018 recruit.

Thank you....*brain fart*
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

FineAsSwine

Quote from: BrooklynRoss on April 06, 2017, 09:07:18 pm
Haha, we get it. You recommend really big, strong, powerful, burly, physical men.

Yeah, he likes to see those muscular men work up a steamy sweat while battling down low in the post and pushing, tugging and wrestling for position. Pretty hot stuff.
Hogs up! Covid down!

ShadowHawg

After that last highlight reel, this is the pg I want. Pass first but can score. Played at Findlay Prep so he has seen good competition.

Still can't believe someone in this thread  said he can't handle the rock. Smh

Kevin McPherson

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/851486720872919042

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/851486942764179458

And here's a bit more that Shakwon had to say that I did not tweet ...

"From the school, to the coaches and players, to the Ann Arbor environment, it was all just a good vibe if you know what I mean."

azhog10

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on April 10, 2017, 12:36:55 pm
https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/851486720872919042

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/851486942764179458

And here's a bit more that Shakwon had to say that I did not tweet ...

"From the school, to the coaches and players, to the Ann Arbor environment, it was all just a good vibe if you know what I mean."
Hopefully we don't have the same "good vibe" when he comes. I think it's down to Weathers, Barrett and Hardy. I'd take Hardy and then Barrett, I just don't like taking a guy that has to sit. Would rather get a juco or transfer big over Weathers and Weathers is a good player.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on April 10, 2017, 02:39:24 pm
We're still in the running for Darrington as well, and he's a JUCO. Getting a guy like Weathers that has to sit out will be more beneficial down the line. It's not always about immediate results, and who's to say a freshman would even contribute that much? If I have Macon and Barford, I'm putting them on the floor as much as possible.

A freshman can play if a guard or two, God forbid, get hurt. A transfer can't.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: azhog10 on April 10, 2017, 02:13:26 pm
Hopefully we don't have the same "good vibe" when he comes. I think it's down to Weathers, Barrett and Hardy. I'd take Hardy and then Barrett, I just don't like taking a guy that has to sit. Would rather get a juco or transfer big over Weathers and Weathers is a good player.

I think the real question is who is better as a Sophomore and beyond among Weathers, Barrett, and Hardy. The freshman candidates wouldn't play much next year if the roster stays intact. I feel like Weathers would be much more suited of the three to step in and be an impact starter in 2 seasons and that's why I want him.

We have Glasper as a "project" point guard. I think Weathers scoring and defensive ability put him over the top of the other 2.

azhog10

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on April 10, 2017, 02:39:24 pm
We're still in the running for Darrington as well, and he's a JUCO. Getting a guy like Weathers that has to sit out will be more beneficial down the line. It's not always about immediate results, and who's to say a freshman would even contribute that much? If I have Macon and Barford, I'm putting them on the floor as much as possible.
Depends on your comfort level with Glasper, Garland, and Beard to run the point if something happens to those two.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on April 10, 2017, 03:21:20 pm
That may be true, but not the best way to look at it IMO. Injuries can happen and it's great to have the capability of having a backup plan, but that's not how you plan for your best roster. Besides, if 2 got hurt, there would still be others to contribute. Garland has that capability and he'll be a freshman.

I'm not saying plan your roster around that, but I'd say it's always best to have an eligible over an ineligible player unless the player sitting out is just that much better (like the Lawsons). Personally, I feel that Barrett and Hardy are just better players with better pedigrees and will be better players than Weathers. He has more experience, for sure, but I'm not sure he has more talent. I would accept Weathers with open arms if the ended up at Arkansas.

Kevin McPherson

lumphog

The_Iceman

King Kong

Razorod

According to Michigan boards, he left there without an offer. Interesting to see what the Hogs coaches think.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Razorod on April 17, 2017, 05:38:03 pm
According to Michigan boards, he left there without an offer. Interesting to see what the Hogs coaches think.

Doubt that they would have brought him in for an official at Michigan if they didn't think he was worthy of a scholarship. Maybe he didn't give them the right kind of vibe as to his readiness to commit.
Hogs up! Covid down!

King Kong

Quote from: FineAsSwine on April 17, 2017, 06:05:24 pm
Doubt that they would have brought him in for an official at Michigan if they didn't think he was worthy of a scholarship. Maybe he didn't give them the right kind of vibe as to his readiness to commit.

They currently have higher players in their board they are still after. If they miss on them he will get an offer

Swinesong1

Apparently, has been offered.

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

The_Iceman

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on April 18, 2017, 01:39:39 pm
https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/854399007908659205

Wonder if this means bad news on Hardy, or is Mike saying he isn't waiting around and will take the first one who commits?

navyhog24

Quote from: The_Iceman on April 18, 2017, 01:45:41 pm
Wonder if this means bad news on Hardy, or is Mike saying he isn't waiting around and will take the first one who commits?

I'd rather have Hardy or even Darrington over this kid. No offense to this kid.

The Hogfather

I just really wanted Hardy, but he appears unlikely.

azhog10

I wouldn't say Hardy is unlikely, but I would say the coaching staff clearly doesn't want to wait around. They've seen this all play out in the recent past not to jump on the first quality player they can get. They got Hardy down here and from what I heard they thought he was going to commit. Wanted to talk it over with the family but since has scheduled other visits. So while he waits, they have to keep going so they aren't left with nothing.

NWAHog479

Hardy is just trying to get all of his visits in, can't blame the guy. Get your free trips and go look at these schools that are investing in you!

navyhog24

So does he have 3 visits left? I know he has visited us and OSU. Has he been anywhere else? Referring to Hardy

Razorod

I believe he has two left. I think he also visited GaTech in the fall.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

King Kong

Quote from: navyhog24 on April 18, 2017, 03:12:49 pm
So does he have 3 visits left? I know he has visited us and OSU. Has he been anywhere else? Referring to Hardy

Has 2 more. One will be UNLV and the other looks like probably Memphis. Both with can offer more immediate PT assuming Barford and Macon are back