Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-State Selected to NCAA Women’s Bowling Field

Started by Seminole Indian, March 29, 2017, 07:21:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

Disregarding the fact I hate bowling ( and  I was on a team that won a state championship, and I won the high series trophy), here is a bowling related post.

"The Arkansas State women's bowling team was one of eight teams selected to participate in the 2017 NCAA Women's Bowling Championship as the field was announced in an NCAA.com Selection Show Wednesday afternoon."

"This is the 10th straight appearance in the NCAA Women's Bowling Tournament for the Red Wolves, with the last eight coming under head coach Justin Kostick's leadership. A-State currently sports a record of 82-32 after finishing as the runner-up in the Southland Bowling League Tournament March 24-26. The Red Wolves were ranked third in the latest National Tenpin Coaches Association Poll released at the beginning of March."

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7200&ATCLID=211538099

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Grizzlyfan

"selected"?  Is there no objective method of putting the teams in the tournament?

GolfNut57

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on March 30, 2017, 01:17:15 pm
"selected"?  Is there no objective method of putting the teams in the tournament?

You'd think being ranked 3rd in the nation they wouldn't have to be "selected" for anything. A entry into the NCAA championship should be automatic.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hog of steele

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on March 30, 2017, 01:17:15 pm

I mean, the NCAA basketball tourny does it this way.

Congrats A-state. Hope yall win it all.

yraciv

Strong field:
No. 1 Nebraska, No. 2 McKendree, No. 4 Sam Houston State, No. 5 Vanderbilt, No.6 Fairleigh Dickinson, No. 7 Stephen F. Austin, and No. 8 Maryland Eastern Shore.

Southland is obviously a strong bowling conference. Red Wolves are a little young this year, so I'm going to take the McKendree Bearcats.

hog of steele

Quote from: yraciv on March 30, 2017, 04:18:55 pm
Strong field:
No. 1 Nebraska, No. 2 McKendree, No. 4 Sam Houston State, No. 5 Vanderbilt, No.6 Fairleigh Dickinson, No. 7 Stephen F. Austin, and No. 8 Maryland Eastern Shore.

Southland is obviously a strong bowling conference. Red Wolves are a little young this year, so I'm going to take the McKendree Bearcats.

Is college bowling something you legitimately follow or are you just making this up? Is this on the Ocho?

yraciv

Quote from: hog of steele on March 30, 2017, 08:21:14 pm
Is college bowling something you legitimately follow or are you just making this up? Is this on the Ocho?

What do you think?

hog of steele

Quote from: yraciv on March 31, 2017, 09:23:14 am
What do you think?

I would have thought no. But your evaluation seemed well thought out. And I have no ready way of evaluating the evaluation. So I asked. I am kind of hoping that college bowling is a hobby of yours.

yraciv

Quote from: hog of steele on April 02, 2017, 06:39:42 pm
I would have thought no. But your evaluation seemed well thought out. And I have no ready way of evaluating the evaluation. So I asked. I am kind of hoping that college bowling is a hobby of yours.

I haven't been in a bowling alley in 3 years. I knew Arkansas State had a team and been in nationals before just because I'd seen them on ESPN U before, but couldn't tell you how they did. I'm just dying for an update!

hog of steele

Seminole Indian

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne