Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Archie Miller to Indiana

Started by The_Iceman, March 25, 2017, 11:40:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowHawg

Good fit for both. He is a good coach and doesn't have to make new recruiting ties.

Paul

HOGINTENNESSEE

March 25, 2017, 11:48:20 am #3 Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 01:56:33 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
I think he is an excellent coach. But I felt the same about Tom Crean

His brother restored Zona. We will see if he can do the same at Indiana.

The_Iceman

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 25, 2017, 11:48:20 am
I think he is an excellent coach. But I felt the same about Tom Crean

He brother restored Zona. We will see if he can do the same at Indiana.

Archie Miller will take over a much more stable and established program than Crean did when he arrived. He will be able to use the initial spark he will bring to have a more immediate impact.

Crean will land another job and do well, things just didn't come together for him at IU.

Hogginintheville

WorfHog

Good hire that's going to make the Big 10 even better.

Dr. Starcs

March 25, 2017, 12:40:21 pm #7 Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 12:54:06 pm by Dr. Starcs
Doug Gottlieb gets passed over at his alma mater and then is totally wrong about Alford to Indiana being a done deal.

How does this moron get his own show?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 25, 2017, 12:13:24 pm
Archie Miller will take over a much more stable and established program than Crean did when he arrived. He will be able to use the initial spark he will bring to have a more immediate impact.

Crean will land another job and do well, things just didn't come together for him at IU.

I think Crean created an unstable environment. I know that they were in a tough spot when he got there but he had a poor approach for sustainable success.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 25, 2017, 12:52:32 pm
I think Crean created an unstable environment. I know that they were in a tough spot when he got there but he had a poor approach for sustainable success.

Can you give us more details as to why you say that please.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

LR_Matt

Great hire.... even if I dispise Iu

daBoar

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 25, 2017, 11:42:20 am
Good fit for both. He is a good coach and doesn't have to make new recruiting ties.
Huge statement of the prospects at Indiana that Alford is not taking over.

Hawg Red

My initial reaction is that Archie Miller is a great young coach but that Indiana fired a coach more accomplished than his replacement. I will admit that I don't know what all has gone on at IU under Crean but he took over a broken program. It could be that he has now broken what he built himself. Maybe it was just time for a change.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 25, 2017, 12:52:32 pm

He married a harbaugh for crying out loud

husker71

Crean stepped into a very bad situation. Try and find Dakichs 10 minute rant on tv about Knight not getting off his ass since 1993 to help recruit and Sampson being nothing but a cheater.  Hope he gets a decent job somewhere when is ready to get back on the bench.

Can you imagine having two sons that end up coaching Arizona and Indiana at the same time?

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on March 25, 2017, 01:31:28 pm
Can you give us more details as to why you say that please.

Never could keep a roster in tact. Inconsistent recruiting after putting his first good team together.

The Boar War

Quote from: daBoar on March 25, 2017, 01:41:46 pm
Huge statement of the prospects at Indiana that Alford is not taking over.

Maybe.  I think it's just difficult to get coaches to move laterally, even among the blue bloods.  I say laterally because I'm sure his history with IU brought them up to the level where UCLA currently resides.  Then again maybe he didn't want the pressure of the home town messiah.

WorfHog

UCLA > Indiana by any and all objective measures.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: WorfHog on March 26, 2017, 12:05:00 am
UCLA > Indiana by any and all objective measures.

I heard an Indiana guy and a former coach on the radio after the Miller deal was reported that said some of the guys from Knights old days and how he left still have some animosity towards IU. Maybe Alford is one of those.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi