Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Josh Nebo

Started by Hawg Red, March 22, 2017, 08:06:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

March 22, 2017, 08:06:23 pm Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 08:24:42 pm by Hawg Red
You guys want to talk about a good transfer? Check out Josh Nebo, who is transferring from St. Francis (Pa.). 6'8 forward that averaged 12 points, nearly 9 boards and almost 3 blocks per game and won NEC Defensive POY. He's from Houston. He's a sophomore, so sit one and play 2

It's a name I'll keep my eye on.

EDIT: Tweet I first saw this from incorrectly had him as a freshman. He's a sophomore.

Razorod

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 22, 2017, 08:06:23 pm
You guys want to talk about a good transfer? Check out Josh Nebo, who is transferring from St. Francis (Pa.). 6'8 forward that averaged 12 points, nearly 9 boards and almost 3 blocks per game and won NEC Defensive POY. He's from Houston. He's a freshman, so sit one and play 3.

Do you know of mutual interest or just curiosity?
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Razorod on March 22, 2017, 08:24:35 pm
Do you know of mutual interest or just curiosity?

I know nothing. Just saw the news tonight and seems like a good add on paper if Zhaire Smith doesn't sign.

Razorod

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 22, 2017, 08:26:28 pm
I know nothing. Just saw the news tonight and seems like a good add on paper if Zhaire Smith doesn't sign.
I would agree. I have the feeling that we'll be signing two this spring and one may be a player like Nebo.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

ADavisTheGOAT

There's a lot of good options if we don't get Zhaire Smith. I saw where there are transfers from New Mexico, Iowa State, and Virginia who would be nice additions.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

azhog10

Prefer a grad transfer or someone only taking up two years. Need open schollys for '19 class.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 22, 2017, 08:06:23 pm
You guys want to talk about a good transfer? Check out Josh Nebo, who is transferring from St. Francis (Pa.). 6'8 forward that averaged 12 points, nearly 9 boards and almost 3 blocks per game and won NEC Defensive POY. He's from Houston. He's a sophomore, so sit one and play 2

EDIT: Tweet I first saw this from incorrectly had him as a freshman. He's a sophomore.

Thanks Red.  We will have to keep an eye on this one.

ADavisTheGOAT

Duke's Chase Jeter, 6'10 240 Ibs, is transferring.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

navyhog24

Quote from: Hogfan991 on March 23, 2017, 12:24:42 pm
Duke's Chase Jeter, 6'10 240 Ibs, is transferring.

That would be perfect get, but I doubt he'd give the Hogs a serious look.. He said he'd like to go closer to home as he is from Vegas.

Birminghog

Quote from: navyhog24 on March 23, 2017, 01:05:10 pm
That would be perfect get, but I doubt he'd give the Hogs a serious look.. He said he'd like to go closer to home as he is from Vegas.

Fayetteville is much closer to Vegas than is Durham. About half the distance, in fact, and nearly in a direct line between Durham and Vegas.

Hawg Red

Headed to Texas A&M.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on April 06, 2017, 09:39:33 pm
Geez, man. They just got Duane Wilson grad transfer. I'm telling ya, SEC basketball is going to be TOUGH! It's great that we're getting highly rated players in the coming years coming off 2 NCAA tourneys in 3, but would have been nice to be really good when the league was weaker haha!

I've had that thought, too, but I think we can all have confidence that other SEC programs are looking at Arkansas thinking about how tough we'll be, too, after how we ended the regular season, made the SEC tournament final, and gave UNC a heart attack. If we can continue to lock in the top in-state players and go lay some roots while it looks like the gettin's good in Memphis, we will be nasty for years to come. So much good has happened to the program since the Vanderbilt home loss.

Rawker

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on April 07, 2017, 10:37:37 am
I agree, but next season is critical. Think about 2 seasons ago when we were coming off a good season with SEC POTY in Portis and First Round pick. If Qualls comes back and Babb doesn't transfer, we might make NCAA. That would be 3 straight years instead of 2 separate. That does a lot for program momentum. The rest of the SEC is moving forward. Bama with a decent season and great class coming in, Auburn getting better, appears cellar dweller Mizzou somehow lucking out, MS State has loads of talent, just young. UK and UF consistently great. A&M has a first rounder coming back and grad transfer from good school so they'll be more experienced. We must stay on track this next year, or we'll be playing catch up and depending on underclassmen in 2018. That's tough. Getting a nationally ranked guy like TJ Moss out of Memphis would be major, especially paired with another winning season. I'm genuinely excited for the future, but I would lie if I said I wasn't a little nervous as well.

Might make the NCAA with Qualls?  Might?  I've written it 100 times (and forget about Babb...his contribution wouldn't matter) and I'll write it again.  If Qualls stays with the team, about 50 good things would have happened for both the Hogs and Qualls, and 5 of them would have been:
1) The Hogs make the tourney (keep in mind they needed 3-5 points and a leader in about 12 tight games, including on the road, which Qualls would have given them)
2) Qualls would have been, if not one of the best, at least the most exciting player on the CBB landscape, supplying the Hog brand with about 10 more ESPN SCTop10s during the season.
3) Qualls increasingly pervasive name, as he accumulated highlights throughout the season, would have given the Hogs a presence that would have added to the recruiting successes and made the Hogs even more of a preferable destination.
4) Just by going down a different road, it's logical to assume that Qualls would not have blown out his knee/leg, and his game would have continued to improve and impress scouts.
5) And because of 5, he would have been highly drafted and guaranteed to be in the NBA instead of hoping to get on a team.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on April 07, 2017, 10:37:37 am
I agree, but next season is critical. Think about 2 seasons ago when we were coming off a good season with SEC POTY in Portis and First Round pick. If Qualls comes back and Babb doesn't transfer, we might make NCAA. That would be 3 straight years instead of 2 separate. That does a lot for program momentum. The rest of the SEC is moving forward. Bama with a decent season and great class coming in, Auburn getting better, appears cellar dweller Mizzou somehow lucking out, MS State has loads of talent, just young. UK and UF consistently great. A&M has a first rounder coming back and grad transfer from good school so they'll be more experienced. We must stay on track this next year, or we'll be playing catch up and depending on underclassmen in 2018. That's tough. Getting a nationally ranked guy like TJ Moss out of Memphis would be major, especially paired with another winning season. I'm genuinely excited for the future, but I would lie if I said I wasn't a little nervous as well.

I fully expect the Hogs to contend for an NCAA bid next season. Mike's worst roster at Arkansas went 16-16 and did not have near the talent, athleticism, depth or length that next season's team figures to have. I can't see us winning less than 20 games next season. Conference RPI should be better than it was this season. That means we can handle a couple more losses. There will be much less gelling needed this coming season with only 3-4 newcomers and 6 seniors on hand and 3 others with a year in the program. If we continue to have the fight we showed this past season, I think we'll have a leg up on these other schools that have more new parts/less experience.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Rawker on April 07, 2017, 12:46:15 pm
Might make the NCAA with Qualls?  Might?  I've written it 100 times (and forget about Babb...his contribution wouldn't matter) and I'll write it again.  If Qualls stays with the team, about 50 good things would have happened for both the Hogs and Qualls, and 5 of them would have been:
1) The Hogs make the tourney (keep in mind they needed 3-5 points and a leader in about 12 tight games, including on the road, which Qualls would have given them)
2) Qualls would have been, if not one of the best, at least the most exciting player on the CBB landscape, supplying the Hog brand with about 10 more ESPN SCTop10s during the season.
3) Qualls increasingly pervasive name, as he accumulated highlights throughout the season, would have given the Hogs a presence that would have added to the recruiting successes and made the Hogs even more of a preferable destination.
4) Just by going down a different road, it's logical to assume that Qualls would not have blown out his knee/leg, and his game would have continued to improve and impress scouts.
5) And because of 5, he would have been highly drafted and guaranteed to be in the NBA instead of hoping to get on a team.

I agree. Qualls, and probably JaCorey not getting kicked off the team, and we have a tournament team. 8 losses by 5 or less that season with a thin roster. Qualls would have added another All-SEC player and JaCorey would have been serviceable offensively and really helped on defense. Babb has big tools and a small heart/mind/desire judging from how he's come out of the redshirt year. There's no doubt in mind he has the talent/ability to be an all-conference player but he doesn't have it inside himself.