Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why you always watch the toteboard

Started by kingoftherapids, March 22, 2017, 05:38:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kingoftherapids

at turf paradise they have rolling doubles and the favorite in race 4 is 6/5. the double probables with 1 mtp are 6 to the favorite, 7 to the second choice, and the third choice is 19.   i shy away from throwing the third choice in because on paper he just didnt match up. low and behold... he wins at 14-1... the $1 double pays 19 but his win price pays 30 and change...that is the definition of someone hiding the win money in the double.

husker71

I spent a good deal of time at Turf Paradise several years ago and know how rare it is to see a $30 horse.  Only time I saw that was when they would bring in a SoCal horse who was running bad there and many many times people would rush to bet that horse down to a very low priced favorite and then that horse would run bad and a local horse would win at a big price. Hardly ever a 1st time starter because the word would spread quickly if one had some talent.  Mostly grinders who just would keep running when all the others had spent their speed.

ghostzapper

Quote from: kingoftherapids on March 22, 2017, 05:38:09 pm
at turf paradise they have rolling doubles and the favorite in race 4 is 6/5. the double probables with 1 mtp are 6 to the favorite, 7 to the second choice, and the third choice is 19.   i shy away from throwing the third choice in because on paper he just didnt match up. low and behold... he wins at 14-1... the $1 double pays 19 but his win price pays 30 and change...that is the definition of someone hiding the win money in the double.

What is the double pool at TP?