Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So haggis maximus or whatever1

Started by Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson, February 02, 2017, 10:41:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

You blasted me on recruiting rankings a month ago. And Bobby will get no recruits. and Bret this.and Bret that. How did it end up finishing? That's right. Shut up and hide.
Let's make some waves.

Dillar Dog

I'm not following here.

Are you a Louisville fan?

HardingHog

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on February 02, 2017, 10:41:17 pm
You blasted me on recruiting rankings a month ago. And Bobby will get no recruits. and Bret this.and Bret that. How did it end up finishing? That's right. Shut up and hide.

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

I'm not either of those people, but we finished 28th and Louisville finished 32nd

factchecker

February 03, 2017, 02:41:57 am #3 Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 03:24:24 am by factchecker
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

If you don't want to use composite rankings then we compare each ranking via every service.

247 (non-composite):
Arkansas - 24
Louisville - 32

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/TeamRankings

ESPN:
Arkansas - 26
Louisville - 29

http://m.espn.com/ncf/recruiting/classRankings?wjb

Rivals:
Arkansas - 24
Louisville - 28

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2017

Scout:
Arkansas - 27
Louisville - 31

https://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2017

AVERAGE RANKING via USA TODAY:

Arkansas = 26.25

Louisville = 29.25

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/latest-2017-college-football-recruiting-composite-team-rankings
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

In which rankings did Coach Bielema beat Bobby?

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Dillar Dog

I think he's going to shut up and hide.

EastexHawg

Just a point of order, but Arkansas has 28 recruits with an average star ranking of 2.96 on Scout.  Louisville has 22 with an average rating of 3.18.  I believe I read that Scout bases the class rating on the top 25 for each school. 

What is going to happen to the rankings if and when Louisville fills out the last three spots in its class?  If they sign three more two-star players their average rating will drop to 3.03, but that will still be ahead of Bielema's.  That would probably move them ahead of Arkansas in every one of those rankings.

Dillar Dog

How many of them will actually make it to campus?  Of those, how many will be on the roster 2 years from now.

That was always an interesting stat that Petrino had. 

factchecker

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 03, 2017, 10:25:32 am
Just a point of order, but Arkansas has 28 recruits with an average star ranking of 2.96 on Scout.  Louisville has 22 with an average rating of 3.18.  I believe I read that Scout bases the class rating on the top 25 for each school. 

What is going to happen to the rankings if and when Louisville fills out the last three spots in its class?  If they sign three more two-star players their average rating will drop to 3.03, but that will still be ahead of Bielema's.  That would probably move them ahead of Arkansas in every one of those rankings.

We didn't receive 28 commits officially.  We only have 24.  Scouts #s are probably influenced by the blueshirts.

Regardless, scout isn't the end all be all.  That's why I listed all the services.  All the other services have us at 24 commits and no matter how hard you pray Bobby isn't going to move ahead of us in every service.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Dillar Dog on February 03, 2017, 10:44:00 am
How many of them will actually make it to campus?  Of those, how many will be on the roster 2 years from now.

That was always an interesting stat that Petrino had.

Bobby will probably get a woman beater to transfer in like Devonte Fields or he take the commit of a fine young man like this:

Quotehttp://deadspin.com/louisville-commit-arrested-after-allegedly-impregnating-1530936903

QuoteLouisville Commit Arrested After Allegedly Impregnating His Cousin
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

EastexHawg

Quote from: factchecker on February 03, 2017, 10:44:33 am
We didn't receive 28 commits officially.  We only have 24.  Scouts #s are probably influenced by the blueshirts.

According to 247 Arkansas has 24.  According to both ESPN and Rivals they have 27 listed members of the class.  According to Scout it is 28. 

Louisville only has 22 in every one of those lists.

Louisville's average per player is higher in three out of the four you listed, and would also be obviously higher in the USA Today average you linked.  If they add three more players after signing day, even if they are two star players, their average will probably stay higher and their class ranking will probably jump ahead of Arkansas'.

Praying has nothing to do with it.  It's purely math.

factchecker

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 03, 2017, 10:54:54 am
According to 247 Arkansas has 24.  According to both ESPN and Rivals they have 27 listed members of the class.  According to Scout it is 28. 

Louisville's average per player is higher in three out of the four you listed, and would also be obviously higher in the USA Today average you linked.  If they add three more players after signing day, even if they are two star players, their average will probably stay higher and their class ranking will probably jump ahead of Arkansas'.

Good luck.  I hope Bobby finds himself some character kids that can avoid gun fights.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

EastexHawg

Quote from: factchecker on February 03, 2017, 10:56:31 am
Good luck.  I hope Bobby finds himself some character kids that can avoid gun fights.

What does this mean?  Kids who can avoid being shot when some idiot completely outside the program starts shooting?  I'm not sure if Neo Matrix moves are part of the scouting process.

I don't need luck.  I have nothing to do with the program or its recruiting.  I just know how to read a spreadsheet.  I would think a factchecker had already looked at the numbers and could do the same.

factchecker

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 03, 2017, 01:24:22 pm
I don't need luck.  I have nothing to do with the program or its recruiting.  I just know how to read a spreadsheet.  I would think a factchecker had already looked at the numbers and could do the same.

This thread was started because the OP thought Lousiville beat Arkansas in the recruiting rankings.

They didn't.  They were behind in all of them.

They could add a couple in move ahead.  We could add a big name and widen the gap.  The point is that as of this moment:  Friday, Feb. 3rd, 2017 - Arkansas is ahead in the rankings.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

wildhogman

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 03, 2017, 10:54:54 am

How is this for math. 0-2 in sec in 2016?  That's right, beat by the east power UK and by Ed O's LSU tigers with his Heisman award winning all star duel threat QB.  We love us some boob man around here. Got any Harley's for sale?  He might wanna take his latest gal for a spin

hog.goblin

Dropkick

.......... and then boys and girls ole Jeff disappeared like a fart in a whirlwind.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

February 13, 2017, 06:43:19 am #19 Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 02:57:40 pm by factchecker

Is this you?

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Dillar Dog

That's great.

Looks like he ran himself off.  They must've had an open seat on the bandwagon.

factchecker

Spring ball has started.  Recruiting rankings won't change much if at all between now and the season.

Final Update:

247 (composite):
Arkansas - 28
Louisville - 32

247 (non-composite):
Arkansas - 24
Louisville - 34

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/TeamRankings

ESPN:
Arkansas - 26
Louisville - 29

http://m.espn.com/ncf/recruiting/classRankings?wjb

Rivals:
Arkansas - 24
Louisville - 29

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2017

Scout:
Arkansas - 27
Louisville - 31

https://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2017

AVERAGE RANKING via USA TODAY:

Arkansas = 26.25

Louisville = 29.25

http://usatodayhss.com/2017/latest-2017-college-football-recruiting-composite-team-rankings
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

holeinthewall

Recruiting ratings don't mean a thing if you don't produce on the field.

Swinestone Cowboy

Bobby did way more with 3-star or lower recruits than Bielema has to this point.  Whether it was because he knew they were underrated, or he is better at developing players -- I dunno.  But please, this is not something to brag about in favor of our program at this point in time. 

factchecker

Quote from: Swinestone Cowboy on April 05, 2017, 09:46:01 pm
Bobby did way more with 3-star or lower recruits than Bielema has to this point.  Whether it was because he knew they were underrated, or he is better at developing players -- I dunno.  But please, this is not something to brag about in favor of our program at this point in time.

Read the thread.

Quote from: holeinthewall on April 05, 2017, 06:41:46 am
Recruiting ratings don't mean a thing if you don't produce on the field.

READ.  THE.   THREAD.

This thread was started by a petrino sucking buttwipe who thought his loverboy out recruited the Hogs.  Guess what?  He didn't.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

April 05, 2017, 10:28:22 pm #25 Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 01:50:19 am by factchecker

READ THE THREAD.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

wildhogman

How did your boy do against the SEC in 2016?  Even with a Heisman over hyped QB,, that's right,,0-fer lol.  Next year and all following years I hope they lose every game. Two-fold for me. It'll cause bobby unreal headache and frustrations, reflux, heartburn, He may even compete with Urban for medical ailments.  AND,, wait for ittttttttttttttt. It will cause all the bobby lovers around here the same effects until they finally give up and shut up about him.

Vantage 8 dude

Ultimately who really gives a damn or what difference does it really make where Louisville finished versus the Hogs ??? CBP is no longer our coach; CBB IS. That's the only relevant thing at play here. They're also not even in the SEC; therefore, it's fairly unlikely that we'll end up playing them anyway.

PorkRinds

Lol. This is what you call self ownage.