Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A-State Takes on UCF in Auto Nation Cure Bowl

Started by Seminole Indian, December 17, 2016, 09:08:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Seminole Indian

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

phadedhawg

doesn't look like it was a sellout lolol

Go Red Wolves!

phadedhawg

ASU defense off to a great start.  Got UCF pinned to their goal line and didn't give 'em anything. 

phadedhawg

Blocked punt, recovered for touchdown.  ASU on the board first

phadedhawg

phadedhawg

phadedhawg

asuato

31-13 ASU in the 4th. Kendall Sanders will get a chance to play on Sundays. Shame we only have him for one year.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Seminole Indian

"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

GolfNut57

December 17, 2016, 08:58:52 pm #10 Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 09:21:40 pm by Seminole Indian
Quote from: asuato on December 17, 2016, 07:55:44 pm
31-13 ASU in the 4th. Kendall Sanders will get a chance to play on Sundays. Shame we only have him for one year.

31-13 final and Sanders was named MVP of the game.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

tophawg19

wouldn't mind having the ASU D/C at the U of A . they were tough against a higher ranked more talent loaded team. they really got after UCF
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

GolfNut57

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 17, 2016, 09:00:59 pm
wouldn't mind having the ASU D/C at the U of A . they were tough against a higher ranked more talent loaded team. they really got after UCF

What? Big bad P5 Arkansas going after a coach from G5 ASU?  :D
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

tophawg19

that defense really gets after it . they were fast and physical all game long
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

The Great Hambino

That's what I was thinking too. Good D won that game. It helps having a few highly touted high school kids transfer into the program to play in an inferior league. Still, their D mentality is a good one.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: GolfNut57 on December 17, 2016, 08:58:52 pm
31-13 final and Sanders was named MVP of the game.

Good for him.

Took full advantage of his second chance on the field, got his degree, and had a good time doing it.

razCzar

Even with hardly any run game by either team, this was really a fun/interesting game.   

As an Arkansan, I'm proud of this program as well.

GO Red Wolves!

ImHogginIt

Seminole Indian

A-State HC really needed to win this game after their 0-4 start, because he has been on the defensive since the UCA game.

Here is a summary of the game by CBS, and some highlights:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/cure-bowl-score-early-blocked-punt-td-sets-tone-in-dominant-arkansas-state-win/

GolfNut57

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 17, 2016, 10:02:50 pm
A-State HC really needed to win this game after their 0-4 start, because he has been on the defensive since the UCA game.

Here is a summary of the game by CBS, and some highlights:

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/cure-bowl-score-early-blocked-punt-td-sets-tone-in-dominant-arkansas-state-win/

One small error with CBS's statement. Harsin was the coach in 2013 but by the time the bowl game was played he had left for Boise. John Thompson was the fill in coach that led the team to the win.

Seminole Indian

Did not see the game but from comments by people that did, CBS apparently did an outstanding job with the telecast.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Seminole Indian on December 18, 2016, 06:55:06 am
Did not see the game but from comments by people that did, CBS apparently did an outstanding job with the telecast.

Hell yeah they did. CBSSN kicked ESPNs ass with the way they covered the game as opposed to how ESPN normally does the smaller bowls.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: The Great Hambino on December 17, 2016, 09:12:36 pm
That's what I was thinking too. Good D won that game. It helps having a few highly touted high school kids transfer into the program to play in an inferior league. Still, their D mentality is a good one.
I think they are a little over aggressive for P5 football they were bringing 6 or 7 on most plays, a good QB would pick them apart playing like that, but UCF didn't have one so good strategy ;D

ASU is really loaded talent wise in their first team for sure and have a lot of depth.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 19, 2016, 10:19:50 pm
I think they are a little over aggressive for P5 football they were bringing 6 or 7 on most plays, a good QB would pick them apart playing like that, but UCF didn't have one so good strategy ;D

ASU is really loaded talent wise in their first team for sure and have a lot of depth.
They probably have as good a front four on defense as any in G5, and go 3 deep with quality. Their DE's have not been blocked all year, and though he missed the bowl game  their NG, Waylon Robertson(6-2, 341) is an absolute man among boys, and demanded the attention of 2-3 blockers every play. He was a monster.

Took a few games for the other 7 players to get in sync, but once they did they also began to dominate down the stretch, even the game they lost, and the bowl game was just an example.

Their offense is probably as talented but they simply never got it together, especially on their OL.

Lanny

I didn't expect ASTATE to win this game but enjoyed watching the Red Wolves crush Central Florida.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

holeinthewall

The officiating was horrendous from both sides.

26 combined penalties for 222 yards.  Al lot of the calls were bad. The officials injected themselves into the flow of the game way to often.

GolfNut57

The head ref also served as the head ref when ASU traveled to Utah St early in the year and lost. ASU was called for a lot of penalties that game too. So yeah there is a previous history between ASU and that guy.