Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Duke will not get to play first two NCAA-T games in state of North Carolina

Started by jbcarol, September 13, 2016, 07:47:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Shelby Mast ‏@BracketWAG 13h13 hours ago

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/ncaa-relocate-championships-north-carolina-2016-17 ...
not surprised by this, just not sure how to feel about it

QuoteChampionship events will be relocated from North Carolina for 2016-17:

2017 Division I Men's Basketball Championship, first/second rounds (Greensboro), March 17 and 19.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Atlhogfan1

Good.  No hostile Carolina fans to deal with.  Send them to Jersey or Philly when available.  More friendly Duke crowds. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 10h10 hours ago Florida, USA

NCAA lifted SC ban on holding events when Conf. Flag came down from statehouse in 2015. So Greenville or Columbia could replace Greensboro.

Colonial Life Arena in Columbia, SC is a nice facility and would be a capable NCAA Tournament first. second round site for '17.

jbcarol

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 12h12 hours ago

It's doubtful NCAA decertifies Belk Bowl & won't allow it played in NC because "doesn't want to make Power 5 leagues mad" source told @ESPN

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN Sep 12

Bowl projections from @Mark_Schlabach & myself

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17520051/college-football-bowl-projections-2016-season-week-3

Belk Bowl

Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina
Dec. 29, 5:30 p.m. (ESPN)

McMurphy: Arkansas vs. Miami

holeinthewall

I support NC law. I don't want my girls going into a bathroom with a guy that believes he is a woman but hangs it out to take a piss.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz 2h2 hours ago

South Carolina confirms to ESPN that the Gamecocks will also put in a bid to host the 2017 NCAA men's tournament... http://es.pn/2crC861

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol