Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do we need more or less regulation?

Started by H&D, February 21, 2016, 02:05:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think?

Legalize steriods, growth hormone, ect, ect.
3 (50%)
Keep the laws the same.
2 (33.3%)
Make everything that helps you workout illegal.
0 (0%)
Something else......explain below.
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: February 23, 2016, 05:30:09 pm

H&D

With all the talk in the politics forum about medical marijuana and marijuana legalization, it makes me wonder about certain "enhancement" drugs.

Why exactly are steroids and human growth hormone treated like "drugs?" Should they be? Now the FDA is pushing to ban the manufacture of most pro-hormones, andro, ect.

Look I won't take the stuff just because benching a few extra pounds isn't worth my career. But it begs the question, why is that stuff illegal in the first place, who does it harm?
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Ragnar Hogbrok

Like other drugs, as long as you're under a physicians care and guidance you'll be fine. But one the abuse begins, is damaging.

Improper use of steroids can cause a myriad of health issues up to and including death from cardiac arrest. The average person goes by the mantra, "if a little bit is good, a lot is better."  Therfore, I believe use should be regulated.  If you go to the doc and explain that you want some gainz and want to try roids and he agrees, then I see no problem as long as the prescription and use is responsible and in accordance with medical guide lines and ethics.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

clutch

Quote from: The Chief on February 22, 2016, 09:33:16 am
Like other drugs, as long as you're under a physicians care and guidance you'll be fine. But one the abuse begins, is damaging.

Improper use of steroids can cause a myriad of health issues up to and including death from cardiac arrest. The average person goes by the mantra, "if a little bit is good, a lot is better."  Therfore, I believe use should be regulated.  If you go to the doc and explain that you want some gainz and want to try roids and he agrees, then I see no problem as long as the prescription and use is responsible and in accordance with medical guide lines and ethics.

In most countries where it is legal evidence of abuse has been very limited. I think you'd be surprised by the lack of steroid related issues you'd see.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: H&D on February 21, 2016, 02:05:39 pm
With all the talk in the politics forum about medical marijuana and marijuana legalization, it makes me wonder about certain "enhancement" drugs.

Why exactly are steroids and human growth hormone treated like "drugs?" Should they be? Now the FDA is pushing to ban the manufacture of most pro-hormones, andro, ect.

Look I won't take the stuff just because benching a few extra pounds isn't worth my career. But it begs the question, why is that stuff illegal in the first place, who does it harm?
haven't you heard, all drugs are POISON!

PP

H&D

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on February 22, 2016, 11:19:27 am
haven't you heard, all drugs are POISON!

PP

Have you ever heard of actually adding to the conversation?
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

DeltaBoy

Legalize for all us weekend warriors and such but regulate for amateur (HS, College )and Pro athletics.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 23, 2016, 09:47:49 am
Legalize for all us weekend warriors and such but regulate for amateur (HS, College )and Pro athletics.

All we need is a roid raging Delta.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: The Chief on February 23, 2016, 12:51:39 pm
All we need is a roid raging Delta.

When I was on those Treatments back in the early 1980's we were 3 weeks on 3 off and I had no issues.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogberry Snortcake

They're already easily accessible.  Anti-Aging clinics are popping up all over the country.  They'll give just about anyone a T prescription.  All those adds with ripped up 70 yr olds really sell the juice. 

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: H&D on February 22, 2016, 07:19:22 pm
Have you ever heard of actually adding to the conversation?
I just did, you are discussing steroids, and I've been informed that all long term drugs are poison.

what else do you need me to say?

PP