Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AJs in Destin

Started by Dirttrackhog, February 09, 2016, 07:55:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirttrackhog

Is burning to the ground tonight. Not much info other than everyone made it out. Always loved watching the weigh ins at this place and the view.

panhandlepig

Quote from: Dirttrackhog on February 09, 2016, 07:55:59 pm
Is burning to the ground tonight. Not much info other than everyone made it out. Always loved watching the weigh ins at this place and the view.

AJs did not burn to the ground.  It is a bad fire with extensive damage to the upper decks. There are conflicting reports about how bad it is but it is a bit irresponsible and sensationalist for you to report something as fact without all the facts.

Dirttrackhog

Quote from: panhandlepig on February 09, 2016, 08:59:19 pm
AJs did not burn to the ground.  It is a bad fire with extensive damage to the upper decks. There are conflicting reports about how bad it is but it is a bit irresponsible and sensationalist for you to report something as fact without all the facts.

Looking at the flames coming off of that thing it sure looked like they were just letting it go.  Just read that the upstairs will be down for a while, but the downstairs will reopen as soon as inspections are done.

Dirttrackhog

Looking at the pictures, my original statement was not way off of realistic logic.

panhandlepig

I'm just speculating here but I seriously doubt the 20 plus fire trucks out there were ever considering "just letting it go".  I would imagine it will take a few days to get a full report on the damage. I'm just glad nobody was hurt and no other businesses were damaged on the Harbor. Didn't mean to come across  as rude. This hits a little close to home for me.

Dirttrackhog

Quote from: panhandlepig on February 09, 2016, 09:15:00 pm
I'm just speculating here but I seriously doubt the 20 plus fire trucks out there were ever considering "just letting it go".  I would imagine it will take a few days to get a full report on the damage. I'm just glad nobody was hurt and no other businesses were damaged on the Harbor. Didn't mean to come across  as rude. This hits a little close to home for me.

No problem, main thing is everyone is safe  ;)

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

AJ's is fully operational on the lower level.  The upstairs has substantial fire damage and the thatch roof (dramatic pictures fully engulfed) is a total loss.   All in all, very fortunate that it wasn't a total loss and that the fire didn't spread to the other establishments.   
"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10

porkinsons disease

Hung out there today. The classic view is still the same
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011