Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Taylor Made Old Timer Knife review.

Started by DeltaBoy, January 11, 2016, 11:03:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

After a year I can tell you that you can trust Taylor Made Schrades and Old Timers.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

That Ironwood been getting some rest as I carry and continue field testing a China made Buck 373 Stockman.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

Been carrying it this week and I touched up the Sheepsfoot after cutting up a bunch of cardboard boxes.

DeltaBoy

IMABIELEMA

Deltaboy,  are you in the market for a case knife collection?   I have a friend with hundreds of case knives and he's looking to unload.  $30K+ worth from what he tells me

DeltaBoy

Quote from: IMABIELEMA on April 04, 2017, 04:33:50 pm
Deltaboy,  are you in the market for a case knife collection?   I have a friend with hundreds of case knives and he's looking to unload.  $30K+ worth from what he tells me

I'm not but there is a Arkansas Knife page on Facebook that buys and sells Case knifes.

DeltaBoy

Well the Ironwood Taylor old timer is back on duty.

DeltaBoy

Ran it for 5 work days did a strop touch up , wiped it down and back in the tackle box.   Almost time to pull it back out.

DeltaBoy

Pulled it out for a week or duty and it did what I asked from cutting up my Apple, pork chop and some other fruit.

DeltaBoy

Carried it all week and it just fine.!

PorkRinds

Quote from: DeltaBoy on June 07, 2017, 07:53:02 am
Pulled it out for a week or duty and it did what I asked from cutting up my Apple, pork chop and some other fruit.

Cutting up an apple is easy. How does it do on soft fruit like tomatoes and plums?

oldman1015

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 26, 2017, 08:30:02 am
Cutting up an apple is easy. How does it do on soft fruit like tomatoes and plums?
That could be an entire new thread.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

DeltaBoy

The Clip blades slices Tomatoes as thin as 3\16 of an inch but Romas can be sliced even thinner with my Opinel.

DeltaBoy

I carried it this week and it opened packages and cut fruit and mail.

DeltaBoy

I been resting it and carrying other knifes , Taylor doing a solid job.

95_alum

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 11, 2017, 12:35:34 pm
After a year I can tell you that you can trust Taylor Made Schrades and Old Timers.

I no longer trust Schrade after their new ownership. They had a terrific thing going with the SCHF43. It was a beast with that 1070 steel. Not anymore.

https://youtu.be/YbWmNg3BO0A

DeltaBoy

Yep they screwed up on that Jessica X Knife

DeltaBoy

Carried all week and it did what I needed.

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

longtimeHogfan

I've carried a Schrade+ 30T  for a lot of years.  Good solid knife.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

DeltaBoy

Old Timers are solid knifes even today.

DeltaBoy

I been caring an abused 8OT that I cleaned up.

DeltaBoy

Got the Iron wood one out on MLK day and put it work in the kitchen for KP duty.  Cleaned it up and back to the tackle box I use to store them in.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Flambeau-Outdoors-Hip-Roof-Tackle-Box/3342519

This is the one I use.

DeltaBoy

Still gets pulled out about once a month and I got a BTI 33OT Jack and it looks good, has great walk n talk, and took a good edge.

oldman1015

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 26, 2018, 09:58:41 am
Still gets pulled out about once a month and I got a BTI 33OT Jack and it looks good, has great walk n talk, and took a good edge.
What is walk m talk?
Arkansas, the left lane state.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: oldman1015 on February 26, 2018, 06:11:02 pm
What is walk m talk?

I got it from the AG Russel knife videos  if it snaps open and snaps shut then it has good walk and talk.

DeltaBoy

The TAYLOR made one  worked just fine Saturday as I cut some meat , fruit and other things in the kitchen.

DeltaBoy

These Taylors continue to take there turns in my rotation of pocket knifes and I never miss a beat , Mail , food etc they cut it.

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

Taylor made are great for the price point.

DeltaBoy

hawgrunner

DeltaBoy

Quote from: hawgrunner on September 18, 2018, 10:59:02 am
Just wish the Schrade I have wasn't made in "China"

I understand but they are making a solid product and some with Carbon Steel.

DeltaBoy

This Ironwood one doing good work.