Started by hawgrunner, November 14, 2015, 12:01:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Free Weights or Machines

Free Weights
Machines
Or Both

hawgrunner

Kenny Hawgins

They're all tools.  Sometimes you need a screwdriver. Sometimes you need a hammer.  The trick is knowing how and when to use the tools at your disposal.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

H&D

Need to add a "Both" option on the poll. If you're only using one or the other, you're missing out.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hawgrunner

Quote from: H&D on November 16, 2015, 12:02:52 pm
Need to add a "Both" option on the poll. If you're only using one or the other, you're missing out.

Point well taken.

clutch

I like both. If I've only got the option to use one or the other I'm going free weights every time, but both are great to have.

McKdaddy

Quote from: clutch on November 18, 2015, 07:49:59 am
I like both. If I've only got the option to use one or the other I'm going free weights every time, but both are great to have.

Agreed.  There are 2 free weight exercises I can't do w/ good form due to an injury in my left shoulder and lower back pain.  The machines allow me to do these 2 exercises w/out the pain.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

hawgrunner

Speaking of Machines... I just added the Rowing Machines to my works today.

holeinthewall

Both. My main reason is I can't do any machines that keep the shoulders moving together as I have had so many injuries to one shoulder it isn't aligned like the other one and it makes my bursitis flare up to do things like bench press or any machine that requires the same movement.

joe156

For 90% it`s better to work out with free weights, cause they load your muscles and CNS more than working out with machines (it`s only about non-steroid guys). What about other 10% - I see the only good reason to use machines it`s when you got injured, and try to avoid loading a certain muscle and work pointwise with each muscle on the machines...

killahcam

had to choose both because they both have their place