Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

super beets???

Started by husker71, October 14, 2015, 04:51:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

husker71

just the latest fad or something that I should consider including in my supplements??  Anybody try it??

Hogberry Snortcake

October 14, 2015, 04:58:06 pm #1 Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 07:46:18 pm by Hogberry Snortcake
Seemed to help on medium term cardio. 5k, PT test, crosscut (edit: crossfit) type activity.  Could have been in my head cause it was not world changing.  Beet juice tastes like dirt and I wanted to vomit.

Edit again:  Saw this on NPR today  http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/10/14/448314966/why-you-might-want-to-be-drinking-beet-juice-at-the-gym?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2039

Ragnar Hogbrok

I've been looking into it myself.  I'm wary of anything being heavily advertised.  You might be better off juicing beets and sweetening it up with other fruits to see if you like it.  Anything that comes in powder form is suspect to me when it claims it has the same nutrients as the fruit or vegetable itself.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

husker71

I know I cannot eat beets  I have tried that    I am thinking a pill form but like you I don't think pills and powders give near the same bang for the buck

H&D

Quote from: The Chief on October 14, 2015, 08:32:03 pm
I've been looking into it myself.  I'm wary of anything being heavily advertised.  You might be better off juicing beets and sweetening it up with other fruits to see if you like it.  Anything that comes in powder form is suspect to me when it claims it has the same nutrients as the fruit or vegetable itself.

I've juiced beets, they're a pain to deal with. They can get kind of expensive for what you get and they're gross.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

husker71

is there any tablet available that you guys would suggest ??   I think the idea is good concerning nitratic oxide

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: husker71 on October 15, 2015, 08:21:05 pm
is there any tablet available that you guys would suggest ??   I think the idea is good concerning nitratic oxide

I wouldn't do tablets.  At least do the powder you can mix with water such as Superbeets. 
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

Hogberry Snortcake

I just found the other bottle at work:  Biotta 100% beet juice.  No sugar, vegan, caffeine-free, etc.  It really seems to help for short term and HIIT type stuff.  Gawd it tastes awful though. 

DeltaBoy

Sounds just Nasty to me. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HawgPilot

beets are naturally high in sugar.  Ive found a product marketed by Evolv Health, called Limitless.  Its the beta lain(sp?) that has health benefits of reducing inflammation among other things.  I don't sell it but Ive taken it for several months.

Ragnar Hogbrok

I just experimented and found a good juice mix including beets. 

Two beets without greens (although, I would have juiced the greens if they had them)
One large honey crisp apple (any large, sweet apple will work)
One thumb of ginger root
Five leaves of kale minus stems
One lemon

Juiced them all together and it was actually palatable.  I don't feel a whole lot different than before I drank it, but at least I'm chock-full of vitamins and minerals now.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.