Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bench Press Max

Started by HogimusMaximus, October 06, 2015, 02:11:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogimusMaximus

Decided to start a new thread, feel free to join in and post.  This is not a  chest beating thread, just a thread to congratulate others and offer help.  My story....after not lifting for close to 4 years I decided to get back to the GYM. I have a dead bone in my right wrist from a misdiagnosed break, they thought it was just a sprain...never took xrays so BPM will never be as high as some, it is just too painful.  I tend to work out with weights I feel comfortable with and plan a personal combine in about  6 months.  I have been working out with 185 as max weight and can do it 7 times right now.   Will test with 225 in 6 months and hope to add 70 to my max.  What is your story.

spe450

I have been stuck at around 375 for awhile now.  I originally had a goal of 400 but I haven't figured out how to push past where I'm at.  I'll have a great week, then a bad one, then I'll tweak a small muscle in the shoulder that sets things back more.  Switching to lower weight with higher reps (8-10) once a month has helped but it appears to be a mental block with the feel of the weight.

It took about 4 years of slowly working up to that point.  The Wendler 5-3-1 workout helped a lot in getting the max up, but heavy weights with low reps (1-3 reps) did the rest afterwards.  Squats, back exercises, etc all help too.  A good workout partner that knows how to spot and push you is always a plus.  I take the mentality that the bar should never be touched until failure.  If you have a good partner, he/she will know when that point has been reached.  None of this grabbing the bar and forcing extra reps business that is absurdly common in gyms.  If they are touching it, they are helping too much and the rep does not count.  Once again, that is my opinion but it works for me.  Finishing up with pause reps can help in generating the power to push heavier weights off the chest.

Also, don't go overboard with exercises.  If you are trying to boost the max, flat bench, incline bench, and heavy dumbell work have seemed to be plenty.  You will see guys that spend two hours on chest and are ripped but can't push 200.

If you can do 185 for 7 reps, you should be able to hit 225.  Try it, if it feels good, keep hitting it heavy.  Otherwise, you won't gain anything.  I don't see where waiting 6 months would help when you can do it now.

DeltaBoy

Early 1990's at Golds in LR before I got busted up I got to 325. My shoulders are so bad since the wreck in 2007 that I can do 20-25 push ups today and not be able to lift a cup of coffee tomorrow.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Ragnar Hogbrok

I don't do barbell bench press anymore.  I tore my shoulder labrum doing bench press.  My orthopedic surgeon (an avid weight lifter) preached to me that fixed hand position exercises (bench press, push ups, pull up) absolutely destroy the shoulder.

I exclusively use dumb bells and single hand pulleys for lifting now.

But, 255 is what I benched on the lift prior to tearing my labrum.  I was trying for 265 and was half way up when it tore.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

hvsupastar

At one point I was training for strength and was a tubby 260 and I 1 rep maxed 415.  Since Christmas I realized fat and bulky didn't look good together so I dropped down to 215.  I'm lucky if I can get 330 now.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

DeltaBoy

Quote from: hvsupastar on October 07, 2015, 12:28:28 pm
At one point I was training for strength and was a tubby 260 and I 1 rep maxed 415.  Since Christmas I realized fat and bulky didn't look good together so I dropped down to 215.  I'm lucky if I can get 330 now.

That what I was told and what I do when I do lift any more.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Guinness Snout

305 before shoulder problems

Kenny Hawgins

Imho, bench is overrated as a lift and going heavy is just asking for shoulder problems or a pec tear.  At my peak, I did very little bench press at all.  I mostly focused on incline, decline, and floor press.  Less risk involved and hits many of the weak points that people experience when bench pressing.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

Junkyard Hog

335 is the most I've done in one rep
I've also done 225 a total of 20 times (I think the one rep equivalent of that is higher than 335)

Both of those were 16 years ago

spe450

Quote from: Kenny Hawgins on October 07, 2015, 03:22:03 pm
Imho, bench is overrated as a lift and going heavy is just asking for shoulder problems or a pec tear.  At my peak, I did very little bench press at all.  I mostly focused on incline, decline, and floor press.  Less risk involved and hits many of the weak points that people experience when bench pressing.

I haven't been too worried about pec tears, but then again, I'm not pushing 405 and up like some of the guys.  It does seem to magnify minor tweaks in the shoulders on occasion but incline barbell and overhead press seem to hurt me much worse in that situation.  I know plenty that are the opposite.  I just can't get comfortable with doing decline.

Kenny Hawgins

Quote from: spe450 on October 07, 2015, 04:13:25 pm
I haven't been too worried about pec tears, but then again, I'm not pushing 405 and up like some of the guys.  It does seem to magnify minor tweaks in the shoulders on occasion but incline barbell and overhead press seem to hurt me much worse in that situation.  I know plenty that are the opposite.  I just can't get comfortable with doing decline.
It's like anything else; the more weight you add, the more your risk of injury goes up.  I was extremely lucky that I didn't end up with a torn pec.  Got a few strains but that was it, thankfully.
Twirling round with this familiar parable
Spinning, weaving round each new experience

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: spe450 on October 06, 2015, 03:47:14 pm
I have been stuck at around 375 for awhile now.  I originally had a goal of 400 but I haven't figured out how to push past where I'm at.  I'll have a great week, then a bad one, then I'll tweak a small muscle in the shoulder that sets things back more.  Switching to lower weight with higher reps (8-10) once a month has helped but it appears to be a mental block with the feel of the weight.

It took about 4 years of slowly working up to that point.  The Wendler 5-3-1 workout helped a lot in getting the max up, but heavy weights with low reps (1-3 reps) did the rest afterwards.  Squats, back exercises, etc all help too.  A good workout partner that knows how to spot and push you is always a plus.  I take the mentality that the bar should never be touched until failure.  If you have a good partner, he/she will know when that point has been reached.  None of this grabbing the bar and forcing extra reps business that is absurdly common in gyms.  If they are touching it, they are helping too much and the rep does not count.  Once again, that is my opinion but it works for me.  Finishing up with pause reps can help in generating the power to push heavier weights off the chest.

Also, don't go overboard with exercises.  If you are trying to boost the max, flat bench, incline bench, and heavy dumbell work have seemed to be plenty.  You will see guys that spend two hours on chest and are ripped but can't push 200.

If you can do 185 for 7 reps, you should be able to hit 225.  Try it, if it feels good, keep hitting it heavy.  Otherwise, you won't gain anything.  I don't see where waiting 6 months would help when you can do it now.

I'll never be able to actually throw up 400 plus with my dead bone in my wrist, I am just looking for the equivalent.  I have lost flexibility over the years and it already hurts like a sob sometimes on the later reps of the weight I am working out with.  Affects curling and every other exercise. 

Grag T

405 for one rep max at bodyweight of 202.

225 for 36 reps at bodyweight of 225. 

Bench has always come pretty easy for me which is ironic because I have pretty long arms.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

arkie1us

Started working out couple years ago with my grandson. Had to quit because of a blood clot in each lung that almost killed me. Started back 6 months ago. I have reached 220 for 8 reps. I am 5-7, down to 190, and am 71 years old. I use mostly dumbbells but use the bar to see where I am at.

DLUXHOG

410 @ 5-8 reps before I tore both of my shoulders up (stupid on my part)....   probably couldn't bench 180 now.......   My shoulders have been so wasted that I'm not even going to try benching again.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Pork Twain

After three back surgeries took me out of the gym for most of the last 7 years, I decided that I was going to try a bench press comp at the age of 40.  I started back hot and heavy about six months ago at 225 and am now up to 395 with one rep but have been stuck there for a while.  I have tried several different techniques to try to shock my way past it, with absolutely no success.  That has lead ne to just going back to working out for fun and forgetting about the bench competition where I would be crushed.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: arkie1us on October 09, 2015, 04:04:29 pm
Started working out couple years ago with my grandson. Had to quit because of a blood clot in each lung that almost killed me. Started back 6 months ago. I have reached 220 for 8 reps. I am 5-7, down to 190, and am 71 years old. I use mostly dumbbells but use the bar to see where I am at.

Remind me to stay off your lawn. ;)

husker71

I could not bench 125 lbs one time    signed Kevin Durant  multi multi millionaire 

H&D

Quote from: The Chief on October 07, 2015, 11:51:39 am
I don't do barbell bench press anymore.  I tore my shoulder labrum doing bench press.  My orthopedic surgeon (an avid weight lifter) preached to me that fixed hand position exercises (bench press, push ups, pull up) absolutely destroy the shoulder.

But, 255 is what I benched on the lift prior to tearing my labrum.  I was trying for 265 and was half way up when it tore.

Kind of where I'm at, I have two screws in my shoulder after a bad facture. I do mostly dumbell press, incline/flat/decline and I do flys the same way. My only problem is that I love the hammer strength leverage press, so I do get some fixed grip press in there.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

southarkhog06

I never go above 155 (right rotator cuff tear still bothers me) I increase reps per set as i get stronger. I am at 25-35 now.

HogimusMaximus

I was able to get 255 5 times the other day....that is 60 lb more than I weigh.   Going to do 225 combine test next week.

clutch

Tested mine for the first time in ages the other night. 280 @ 145lbs. It really surprised me because I rarely lift what I would consider heavy. Don't really care about strength much anymore. I lift for fun and to look good. About to switch to some strength stuff for a while though because I want to get it to twice my body weight. Looking to add a little weight myself too, so I guess I'll shoot for 300 and try to add 5lbs of lean muscle for next summer.

ATU HOG

Highest I've ever gotten was 260.  The past 3 months I haven't been to the gym much, do to a new work schedule, my shoulders hurting, and just being tired from work.  My shoulders (both left and right) just kill me when I lift.  Partly from throwing a baseball but also from being loose jointed.  My body builder roomate says the worst lift is the bench press.  He says up and down, that bench will kill your shoulders, and the more I've lifted the last year the more I'm starting to see that.

Hogberry Snortcake

November 13, 2015, 09:30:42 am #23 Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 12:44:47 pm by Hogberry Snortcake
Quote from: ATU HOG on November 13, 2015, 08:59:21 am
Highest I've ever gotten was 260.  The past 3 months I haven't been to the gym much, do to a new work schedule, my shoulders hurting, and just being tired from work.  My shoulders (both left and right) just kill me when I lift.  Partly from throwing a baseball but also from being loose jointed.  My body builder roomate says the worst lift is the bench press.  He says up and down, that bench will kill your shoulders, and the more I've lifted the last year the more I'm starting to see that.

360-ish, and I agree.  I work out with 225 (bodyweight more or less) and that's it.  Lots of variations and tons of reps, but I'm too old to take a few years off to recover if I jack something up. 

clutch

Quote from: ATU HOG on November 13, 2015, 08:59:21 am

It really is. I rarely lift heavy. I usually do everything with weights of 225 or lower to save my joints. I'll do the occasional heavy lift, but it is pretty rare.

Hogsmo Kramer

I haven't benched in like a year.

But before that took the challenge to get all my lifts back up to close to where they once were and got close. Squat back to 495, pulled 595 albeit using a trap bar, and benched 375.

None of those were my top numbers back when I played but close enough with the most on my bench being 405. I also used to do traditional deads but moved to the trap bar to save my back.

Overall was happy with those numbers at right around 220 BW but then quit lifting heavy almost cold turkey. At 35 everything franking hurt and it was time to back off before I fubared my back and shoulders.

I'm now a svelte 206 and do more BW/lightweight work and have gotten big into aggressive mountain biking like downhill, etc. for the adrenaline.

Don't think I'll ever quit lifting but I knew there would come a time when my focus would shift and it's here and now.

I've lost some muscle but that's cool. At this point it's about staying healthy and athletic so I can kick my 3 year olds butt in sports when he's older. :)

Fitness has been and always will be a journey for me. Not so much about the destination but the ride and challenging myself in different ways along the way.

Heck I'm even considering triathlons, rock climbing, and stuff I never even thought about during my PR chasing days.

I do miss the thrill of really getting after the weights, and maybe one day I'll revisit it, but at this point it's about lifting smarter and making sure I can still kick ass 15 years from now so that's my focus and where I'm at as we speak.

Not ever slowing down though just shifting gears!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Airforcehawg

350 right now...405 was the highest when I was a younger whipper snapper. I also follow the common theme of shoulder issues in this thread. I have partially torn labrum, and the doc said I wanted to upgrade it to a torn one...keep bench pressing. So I rarely bench now...more cable flys than anything else.

Bench has always been a sore subject for me. I am 6'5 with long arms, and it has always been frustrating to see someone stack the bar and throw up big weights when they only to move the bar 5 inches for a rep.

hvsupastar

405 pounds at 6 foot five is like 550 at 5-10
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: hvsupastar on November 16, 2015, 09:26:43 am
405 pounds at 6 foot five is like 550 at 5-10

I had a buddy that was 6'3 and always complained about that crap to me since I'm 5'10 and could always best him by 50 lbs. or so in the squat and bench.

I used to always tell him I'd happily trade him the 50 lbs. to be able to dunk a basketball. That always seemed to shut him up. :)

Tall people can't have all the advantages dangit, us short people deserve some too!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

root_hawg

Let's see I weigh 190 and have to push myself off the couch so Ill go with 190

MuskogeeHog

Just threw up 405, new personal best.

Jack The BN

Man, I'm throwing up a solid 65.
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

Ragnar Hogbrok

Since I don't bench with a barbell, I'll add that I'm up to 100 lbs dumbbells on the chest press 5 times.  Not bad for being about two years post-surgery for a labrum tear, bursitis, and massive bone spurs.

I do the 100lbs-ers after working up from 85lbs X 5 reps, 90lbs X 5 reps, 95 lbs X 5 reps, then 100 lbs X 5 reps as a set.  I still need to increase my confidence in my shoulder before using anything heavier.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

H&D

Quote from: The Chief on June 15, 2016, 03:29:52 pm
Since I don't bench with a barbell, I'll add that I'm up to 100 lbs dumbbells on the chest press 5 times.  Not bad for being about two years post-surgery for a labrum tear, bursitis, and massive bone spurs.

I do the 100lbs-ers after working up from 85lbs X 5 reps, 90lbs X 5 reps, 95 lbs X 5 reps, then 100 lbs X 5 reps as a set.  I still need to increase my confidence in my shoulder before using anything heavier.

That's pretty dang good. I'll only go up to 85lb dumbbells, I have two screws in my shoulder from a fracture. I'm sure it's in my head but that's always the toughest hurdle.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Dr. Starcs

The toughest thing for me is getting the dang 85 dumbbells off the ground.

H&D

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 15, 2016, 06:21:35 pm
The toughest thing for me is getting the dang 85 dumbbells off the ground.

The toughest part for me is getting my butt out of bed in the morning.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Dr. Starcs

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: The Chief on June 15, 2016, 03:29:52 pm

Used 105's for the first time yesterday.  I never thought I'd ever get above 80s again after the surgery.  My surgeon told me he did good work and that I'd be near 100% again if I did rehab the right way.  Well, he was right.

hawgrunner

I got on the bench press for the first time in years over the weekend... man I need to work on this a lot more.

hvsupastar

Have been lifting higher reps and less weight but I got a wild hair and decided I'd do a pyramid 8-6-4-3-2-1 and I went 185-225-245-285-315-345 and got the 345 1 rep with not too much struggle. Still fairly strong I suppose

hawgrunner

Quote from: hvsupastar on July 02, 2016, 09:12:57 pm
Have been lifting higher reps and less weight but I got a wild hair and decided I'd do a pyramid 8-6-4-3-2-1 and I went 185-225-245-285-315-345 and got the 345 1 rep with not too much struggle. Still fairly strong I suppose

good job

jacketsting

Got 380 just 3 weeks ago at a body weight of 207.5 but I am dealing with tendonitis and shoulder issues for a while now which I think is holding me back quite a bit.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: jacketsting on October 01, 2017, 07:06:23 pm
Got 380 just 3 weeks ago at a body weight of 207.5 but I am dealing with tendonitis and shoulder issues for a while now which I think is holding me back quite a bit.

Me too man. At least I think its tendinitis. How long should we be resting it?

jacketsting

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 01, 2017, 07:23:51 pm
Me too man. At least I think its tendinitis. How long should we be resting it?
I took a few days off for my shoulders and avoided heavy bench press so my shoulders are not bad at the moment but my tendonitis tends to stick around for a while.  The only thing with tendonitis is that it takes a long time for the inflammation to ease up so I usually just find I way to tolerate it.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: jacketsting on October 01, 2017, 09:19:46 pm
I took a few days off for my shoulders and avoided heavy bench press so my shoulders are not bad at the moment but my tendonitis tends to stick around for a while.  The only thing with tendonitis is that it takes a long time for the inflammation to ease up so I usually just find I way to tolerate it.

That's kinda what I've been doing. But much lighter weight. Trying to avoid a doctor visit, but don't really wanna deal with this forever.

jkstock04

I was never real good at a one rep max on bench. Most i ever did was 315 for one rep when I was 20 or 21 years old. I was decent at repping 225. That's usually what I was comfortable working out with doing sets of 8-10. Doing a rep max once I got 17 times of 225 lbs. At 190 lbs that's not bad for a white boy.

My weight lifting hit a wall 2 or 3 years back. I still love it, but man I get injured so easily these days. This started when I hit 30 years old or so. I can still get strong and in shape like I used to...but at the same time it's very easy to get injured unlike it used to be, and when I do it takes forever to heal. Muscles in my lower back will pull and go haywire...that's pain that will take your breath away. Labrums in both shoulders jacked up. Tendinitis in my triceps. lol getting older sucks.

These days I'm content with light weight and high reps. I feel good doing pull-ups and push ups..Box jumps and sit ups. Just simple stuff. Stay in half ass shape but it's nothing like it used to be.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jacketsting

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 03, 2017, 02:19:27 pm
I was never real good at a one rep max on bench. Most i ever did was 315 for one rep when I was 20 or 21 years old. I was decent at repping 225. That's usually what I was comfortable working out with doing sets of 8-10. Doing a rep max once I got 17 times of 225 lbs. At 190 lbs that's not bad for a white boy.

My weight lifting hit a wall 2 or 3 years back. I still love it, but man I get injured so easily these days. This started when I hit 30 years old or so. I can still get strong and in shape like I used to...but at the same time it's very easy to get injured unlike it used to be, and when I do it takes forever to heal. Muscles in my lower back will pull and go haywire...that's pain that will take your breath away. Labrums in both shoulders jacked up. Tendinitis in my triceps. lol getting older sucks.

These days I'm content with light weight and high reps. I feel good doing pull-ups and push ups..Box jumps and sit ups. Just simple stuff. Stay in half ass shape but it's nothing like it used to be.
I had just started getting into heavy bench the last couple years and I think that is the reason I have issues because of my age.  I did hit 350 back in the summer of 2015 then I would change my eating habits and drop 15 to 20 lbs and lift moderately to let my shoulders and tendonitis heal a bit.  I got back into heavy bench last summer after a long break and ended up doing 365 at a body weight of 210 which was 5 lbs lighter then when I benched 350.  I also started experimenting with the keto diet earlier this year and dropped back down to 195 and felt awesome with the way my energy levels would be constant with the high fat intake.  I then got back to carb loading and lifting heavy this spring and within 3 months I could bench 380 at a body weight of 207.5 which is lighter then when I benched 365.  I have come to a conclusion that every time I hit a new bench press personal record I could diet down for a few months and comeback stronger each time at a lower body weight and I am considering starting heavy again early next year to see if I can hit 400 at a lower body weight then 207.5 and believe me I do not take any anabolic steroids lol.

The OTR

hawgrunner

bennyl08

Quote from: The Chief on October 07, 2015, 11:51:39 am

You ever read Rippetoe?

Like anything, you do something incorrectly, you can injure yourself. What is "correct" depends on your own individual body. There's no reason that keeping your hands at a fixed distance apart would inherently damage your shoulders. You want your forearms to be perpendicular to the ground at the bottom of the press for efficiency reasons and to not be putting shear stress on your wrists. The more tucked into your body your elbows are, the more stress goes onto your triceps and the more perpendicular, the more stress goes onto your shoulders. Typically, it's advised that your elbows be around 30 degrees out from your body, but again, person to person that can change. I mean, doing a pushup, your hands are at a fixed distance no different than a bench press. The only difference is that the weight you lift in a pushup is less dangerous than is possible on a bench press. The most important this is being able to do a motion that is natural for your specific body. In general, that is why the machines are the worst. If you can adjust to meet your natural motion, then great. Otherwise, they not only force you into a certain position but also the motion.

All that being said, nothing wrong with doing cable exercises and dumbbells/kettle bells etc... A person can do just fine using only those in their routine and never using a barbell. However, from what I've read, i do disagree with the idea that a bench press inevitably injures your shoulder. It absolutely can and has for many people, but not most.

And, in the spirit of the thread, at my best 2 years ago, I put up 7 reps at 225 pounds and was able to max out at 270. When I was going to the gym regularly, I think I was overtraining some and never was able to do that much. Then I started grad school and was working out at best twice a week, sometimes less, rarely more and actually made a lot more gains (in strength but also fat). I also must confess that I'm not as balanced as I should be. My chest is too strong relative to my back. Largely because I'm afraid to lift as heavy on back exercises for fear of injuring it, while in comparison, I'm genetically built to be able to bench press and do push ups as I'm 5'7 with the arm length of somebody who's 5'5 along with a barrel chest meaning I don't have to lift terribly far (and I don't arch my back very much at all while benching either. I more or less try to lift the bar a longer distance, my hands are a bit closer than others have told me they should be, but I feel more comfortable like that).

Side note, i was unashamedly watching a video about celebs talking about how they did their body transformations for movies and came across the guy from Pacific Rim (which is a great movie) and the new Arthur movie which based on the trailers I refused to watch. However, he was talking about how for the arthur movie, he was doing 1000 pushups a day and if he failed to meet that one day, he'd push himself to do 2000 the next with some break days obviously. I am not in shape to do that by any stretch, but this evening, I thought I'd try and do 100 pushups in an hour. I did around 130 or so. The official count was 137, but I include the 'or so' because my butt started going into the air after 100. However, I didn't do the quick, abbreviated push ups. I was touching my nose to the carpet and going all the way up. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I bet I could do 500 in a day keeping good form, but yeah, too fat to do 1000 I think.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse