Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Raw in a Long Time:

Started by The_Iceman, August 25, 2015, 10:19:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Iceman

Brock and Heyman go nuts.

Dudley's Return.

Wyatt Family goes back to 3 members.

Ric Flair returns, and Cena STF's John Stewart.

Sting shocks the world by being inside the box and attacks Rollins.

Jim

So what ever happened to Eric Rowan?  Why has he been gone all this time...injury I assume?  I keep waiting for the Wyatts to re-invent Bo Dallas as one of their own.  Maybe after his awesome one-way trip to Suplex City (I was literally laughing during this entire beatdown...comedy gold!), they'll re-package him as a long lost brother to Bray.  Pure crazy way to start the show, esp since UT wasn't anywhere near the Barclay center last night.

I agree too...one of the BEST Raw's in a long, long time!!  Just shows the WWE writers CAN create a good show when they want to.

Doug

Eric was injured in June (torn bicep, I believe).

As annoying as the Bo Dallas character is... he needs to keep doing that. He does get pretty decent heat for it. IMHO, they should actually be pairing him up with The Miz and have them feed off of each other's egos.

Physically, Bo doesn't fit the direction they're taking the Wyatt family... backwoods BIG ASS mountain boys. As a fan, not a fan of these guys... but love the direction these guys are going, plus, they're all damn solid workers.

The newest "Wyatt", Braun Strowman (Adam Scherr) is insanely huge and legitimately was a strongman competitor. Personally, I want to see what WWE does between him and Mark Henry.

And, yes, I agree... if the WWE continues in the direction they're going, I will actually order/watch Survivor Series, ending a nearly 4 year boycott of WWE PPVs.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

The_Iceman

Quote from: Doug on August 26, 2015, 06:52:56 am

As annoying as the Bo Dallas character is... he needs to keep doing that. He does get pretty decent heat for it. IMHO, they should actually be pairing him up with The Miz and have them feed off of each other's egos.

Physically, Bo doesn't fit the direction they're taking the Wyatt family... backwoods BIG ASS mountain boys. As a fan, not a fan of these guys... but love the direction these guys are going, plus, they're all damn solid workers.

The newest "Wyatt", Braun Strowman (Adam Scherr) is insanely huge and legitimately was a strongman competitor. Personally, I want to see what WWE does between him and Mark Henry.

And, yes, I agree... if the WWE continues in the direction they're going, I will actually order/watch Survivor Series, ending a nearly 4 year boycott of WWE PPVs.

Only on the WWE Network for $9.99 a month!

Doug

I'm doing the free trial first before I decide to keep that sucker. :)
--Doug

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

zane

Quote from: Doug on August 26, 2015, 06:52:56 am

Bo Dallas and the Miz teaming would make for great TV
RIP LSUfan

TheRazorback500

Sting must be in pretty good shape still wrestling at 56. I figured we'd see him eventually, but I didn't see the Dudleys coming.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Ragnar Hogbrok

So, does Sting beat Rollins then go on to lose to Taker in a retirement match who then loses to Lesnar in the final rematch?

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

who knows

Sheamus has to take the belt from someone...
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

TomasPistola

Quote from: The Chief on August 29, 2015, 06:29:09 pm
So, does Sting beat Rollins then go on to lose to Taker in a retirement match who then loses to Lesnar in the final rematch?

Unless Sting got it in his contract, there is ZERO way Vince would allow a WCW guy - especially Mr. WCW himself to carry the WWE Strap. This is just a chance for Sting to put over another WWE wrestler.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: TomasPistola on August 29, 2015, 11:28:48 pm
Unless Sting got it in his contract, there is ZERO way Vince would allow a WCW guy - especially Mr. WCW himself to carry the WWE Strap. This is just a chance for Sting to put over another WWE wrestler.

True.   However I never figured Sting would get a title match, either. Rollins is over and unless Vince is hell bent on burying everything WCW it doesn't make sense for Sting to come out of nowhere and get the match.

Doug

Guys, let's not forget that we're talking about Sting here. He's probably the only other person alive, right now, that could draw a pop right on par with Hulk Hogan (pre-removal) and The Rock.

Let's also not forget that Sting is extremely savvy himself. Does anyone honestly think he would've signed without having an iron clad guarantee of a title run in hand? :)

Trust me, WWE needs Sting more than Sting needs WWE. :D
--Doug

who knows

Quote from: Doug on August 30, 2015, 08:54:12 am
Guys, let's not forget that we're talking about Sting here. He's probably the only other person alive, right now, that could draw a pop right on par with Hulk Hogan (pre-removal) and The Rock.

Let's also not forget that Sting is extremely savvy himself. Does anyone honestly think he would've signed without having an iron clad guarantee of a title run in hand? :)

Trust me, WWE needs Sting more than Sting needs WWE. :D

I like to think ole Stone Cold would have a equal pop if not the biggest of them all...

Jim

Sting got a great pop at the beginning of RAW but then as he started giving his promo, you kind of felt the wind leaving the sails.  Not sure his delivery or motivation as to why he wants / deserves a shot at the title was enough to keep the fans engaged...though they did pop again at the end of the show w/him & Cena standing under the Titantron.

And does anyone else think we're headed for a SHIELD reunion sooner than later?  During the Braun / RR / DA match, Cole said the Wyatts were destroying "2/3 of the SHIELD".  Later, during Cena's promo on Rollins, JC mentioned Rollins' involvement in the SHIELD before the Authority grabbed him.  Too many random mentions of the trio together for there to not be something brewing.  You can see the writing on the wall between HHH & Rollins at some point.

Doug

Honestly, with the way that they're rebuilding the Wyatt family (I expect Erik Rowan to also rejoin when he's healed up), it wouldn't surprise me to see the Wyatt family align themselves with the Authority to help get them over even more.

I can see Rollins dropping BOTH belts on the next PPV. Sheamus will cash in on Sting probably at Survivor Series, if not sooner.

Yep, there's a lot of smoke going right now for there to not be a fire.

who knows, good call/catch on SCSA.
--Doug

The_Iceman

I really think Reigns needs to turn heel and join the authority. Reigns was awesome back when the shield was a heel group. Its attitude, size, and look just fits a heel better than a face character. I think the authority getting Reigns on board and betraying Rollins would fit exactly with Cena's narrative last night.

I think Bray Wyatt is the most under-valued wrestler in the WWE. He is excellent on the mic and in the ring. I'd love to see him get more attention.

If Reigns doesn't turn Heel, I would love to see him and Ambrose stick as a tag team and feud with the Dudley's for the belts, after they win them from New Day (who I also think are doing an excellent job).

Ragnar Hogbrok

New Day is actually entertaining now. I'll give them that.

I still think this somehow ends with a Taker-Sting match. It would draw a lot of folks to the WWE network if even just for that month.

zane

I hope the Shield doesn't get back together. Rollins is KILLING it as a solo act. I'm honestly going to be sad when he loses the titles. Dude plays a heel character so well and is one of the best in the ring.
RIP LSUfan

Richard_white

Sting will be the transitional champion.  Kind of like they gave the New Age Outlaws the tag belts a year a go.  The only difference is that the reason to put the belt on Sting before he retires make sense and deserving to end his career at Mania.

DeltaBoy

It was pretty good last night it was the first one I watched in a while.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Doug on September 01, 2015, 08:48:45 am
Honestly, with the way that they're rebuilding the Wyatt family (I expect Erik Rowan to also rejoin when he's healed up), it wouldn't surprise me to see the Wyatt family align themselves with the Authority to help get them over even more.

I can see Rollins dropping BOTH belts on the next PPV. Sheamus will cash in on Sting probably at Survivor Series, if not sooner.

Yep, there's a lot of smoke going right now for there to not be a fire.

who knows, good call/catch on SCSA.
I want a Wyatt Family with Rowan doublecrossed by the authority leading to the Wyatts attempting to destroy the WWE. All out carnage on an epic scale.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Richard_white on September 01, 2015, 01:32:27 pm
Sting will be the transitional champion.  Kind of like they gave the New Age Outlaws the tag belts a year a go.  The only difference is that the reason to put the belt on Sting before he retires make sense and deserving to end his career at Mania.
If, and I mean if, Vince McMahan allows the belt put on Sting, I do not see him ever leaving the ring with it. He will win and Shay-moose will cash in the MITB and take it from him.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

The_Iceman

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on September 01, 2015, 04:11:50 pm
If, and I mean if, Vince McMahan allows the belt put on Sting, I do not see him ever leaving the ring with it. He will win and Shay-moose will cash in the MITB and take it from him.

I think it would be awesome if after Sting wins that belt and Sheamus enters the ring to cash in, if Sting just goes off script and hands him the belt and walks out. Kinda sticking it to Vince. He got his belt that he never won before, and now he is done.

TomasPistola

Told you. Vince will NOT put the strap on Sting. They brought him in to lose to the WWE guys.
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Doug

Quote from: TomasPistola on September 20, 2015, 09:45:13 pm
Told you. Vince will NOT put the strap on Sting. They brought him in to lose to the WWE guys.
Wonder if this is why...

QuoteSting appeared to suffer some kind of an injury after taking a corner powerbomb from Seth Rollins during the main event, collapsing moments later and taking a few minutes to recover. According to a report by The Wrestling Observer/Figure Four Online, the injury was indeed legitimate and described as "significant." WWE has yet to officially comment on anything regarding Sting as of late Sunday night.
--Doug

The_Iceman

Quote from: Doug on September 21, 2015, 05:24:23 am
Wonder if this is why...

Do you think they changed the ending mid-match? Because the whole cash in thing seemed preplanned, unless it was supposed to be on Sting.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 21, 2015, 09:47:49 am
Do you think they changed the ending mid-match? Because the whole cash in thing seemed preplanned, unless it was supposed to be on Sting.

I really thought, Sting was going to win, then Sheamus was going to cash in on him. They would rematch at the next PPV, Sting wins it back, then drops it to someone at the Nov ppv. Maybe that was more a HOPE.

Something about the finish just looked wrong, but the whole Sheamus/Kane thing looked planned, so maybe the injury to Sting just made things look strange.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TomasPistola

I don't believe there was any plan for Sting to win. I will continue to believe it until the strap is around his waist. It looked like his neck snapped back real hard on that last corner powerbomb. Could have been the cause.
You were right.
You did a great job.

hogsanity

Quote from: TomasPistola on September 21, 2015, 01:19:23 pm
I don't believe there was any plan for Sting to win. I will continue to believe it until the strap is around his waist. It looked like his neck snapped back real hard on that last corner powerbomb. Could have been the cause.

that's what the reports are starting to say, about his injury.  Like I said, my theory on him winning last night was probably more HOPE than anything.  Wanting to see an old warrior with the belt one more time. Would like to see it on Taker once more too. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Eddie Goodson

Sting will never possess the WWE championship. Ever. And at his age, he shouldn't. His time for doing that has come and gone.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on September 21, 2015, 04:10:19 pm
Sting will never possess the WWE championship. Ever. And at his age, he shouldn't. His time for doing that has come and gone.

I think the cash in storyline could give him the opportunity to win it, but not hold it. Just something for his resume. In fact, I kinda thought it'd be cool if he won it, but then just handed it to Shaemus as if he didn't really need it anymore.

Richard_white

Let's not fret over Sting not winning the WWE Championship.  Let's all celebrate because SuperCena has recaptured  the US belt!!

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 21, 2015, 04:32:41 pm
I think the cash in storyline could give him the opportunity to win it, but not hold it. Just something for his resume. In fact, I kinda thought it'd be cool if he won it, but then just handed it to Shaemus as if he didn't really need it anymore.
I fully expect Shamus to be the second person to cash in and not win the title.

who knows

They've made a mockery out of some of these old matches...when they had the MITB match at WrestleMania it was always a classic epic match...now it's watered down with guys who have no business being in a MITB match...

The_Iceman

WTH is the WWE Creative team doing? Having Big Show beat Cesaro, one of the most popular guys in the company right now, and go on to face Lesnar (who really wants to see that, honestly?) instead of the match everyone wants to see, which is Lesnar vs. Cesaro.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 22, 2015, 08:39:04 am
WTH is the WWE Creative team doing? Having Big Show beat Cesaro, one of the most popular guys in the company right now, and go on to face Lesnar (who really wants to see that, honestly?) instead of the match everyone wants to see, which is Lesnar vs. Cesaro.

I do not want to see Lesnar vs Cesaro. Don't really want to see Lesnar Big Show either.

Injuries the last few years really crimped them. Edge, Bryan, Sheamus on the shelf twice for many months, Barrett, all guys who should have been able to carry a lot of the load missed significant time. Aging of guys like Kane, Show, UT, HHH becoming a part timer, all really hurt.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on September 22, 2015, 09:28:41 am
I do not want to see Lesnar vs Cesaro. Don't really want to see Lesnar Big Show either.

Injuries the last few years really crimped them. Edge, Bryan, Sheamus on the shelf twice for many months, Barrett, all guys who should have been able to carry a lot of the load missed significant time. Aging of guys like Kane, Show, UT, HHH becoming a part timer, all really hurt.

I don't mind "Demon" Kane every once and awhile, I think he is kind of like the undertaker where his character can overcome his aging skills. But Kane overall has been overexposed in his "Corporate Kane" role.

Cesaro is a talent in the ring. He just doesn't have the mic skills. I just don't see why Big Show was pushed to fight Lesnar over some of the younger talent.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 22, 2015, 10:50:10 am
I don't mind "Demon" Kane every once and awhile, I think he is kind of like the undertaker where his character can overcome his aging skills. But Kane overall has been overexposed in his "Corporate Kane" role.

Cesaro is a talent in the ring. He just doesn't have the mic skills. I just don't see why Big Show was pushed to fight Lesnar over some of the younger talent.

Kane would be the perfect one to show up ever 2 or 3 months to torment someone, have a 3 week program into a ppv, then go back to TN and sell insurance for a couple months, beofre popping up to do it again.

I wonder how much input Lesnar has into who he has matches with.

I am not a huge follow everything guy, we started watching a few years ago when my boys were 12 and 7, the older one does not watch anymore, bu the younger one does. I like watching Cesaro, his matches are entertaining, but his lack of a "character" makes him boring to my son, so that's usually when we check out MNF, or if we have it dvr'd we hit the fast forward button.

TheRazorback500

I can't remember ever seeing a woman get down on one knee. Lol

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on October 08, 2015, 07:44:38 pm
I can't remember ever seeing a woman get down on one knee. Lol

Actually, AJ Lee did it about two or three years back to CM Punk and he rejected her too.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on October 09, 2015, 02:59:32 pm
Actually, AJ Lee did it about two or three years back to CM Punk and he rejected her too.
Oh, that's right-forgot about that one..

Doesn't happen much in real life, though  :D

Do you wanna get Rocked?

hogman99

As hard as they hit each other, I don't know how there are not more injuries. The NFL needs to study how they keep their guys healthy.