Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Caloric Deficit

Started by Rooka, January 01, 2015, 09:37:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TX HOG

Even running down hill on a trial, I feel like I'm working my core for stability. Of course the hills are a female dog.

I usually eat a spoonful of honey before I go

RazorWire™

Mid November I weighed in at 300. Knew I had to do something. I stopped soda and sweet tea completely. Cut out all sweets and potato chips. Stopped eating bread and things that were fried. I've dropped 50 pounds. My caloric intake at 6'1 , 260 is supposed to be 3100 calories a day. I took in 1800 a day and now I am at 2000.

I simply filled myself up with vegetables , lettuce , cucumbers , apples , carrots and other negative calorie foods. My meals consist of eating no more than 4 ounces of meat per meal. My goal is 240 then start aerobics to tone. Eventually going to 225.

I'm taking a shot glass full of Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with honey and warm water once a day. It's burning my gut off.

Splurge and reward day is fridays. Pizza and sweet tea

McKdaddy

Quote from: RazorWire™ on April 10, 2017, 04:50:17 pm
Mid November I weighed in at 300. Knew I had to do something. I stopped soda and sweet tea completely. Cut out all sweets and potato chips. Stopped eating bread and things that were fried. I've dropped 50 pounds. My caloric intake at 6'1 , 260 is supposed to be 3100 calories a day. I took in 1800 a day and now I am at 2000.

I simply filled myself up with vegetables , lettuce , cucumbers , apples , carrots and other negative calorie foods. My meals consist of eating no more than 4 ounces of meat per meal. My goal is 240 then start aerobics to tone. Eventually going to 225.

I'm taking a shot glass full of Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with honey and warm water once a day. It's burning my gut off.

+1
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

GolfNut57

Last June I was at 340. As of tonight I am down to 247. All it took in my case was to start limiting myself to 60 carbs per meal and/or 180 per day. I didn't used to do any walking for exercise but once I lost the first 50 lbs I felt good enough with enough energy that I now go on walks every 3-4 days and usually walk 2-3 miles on average. Some days I even walk 4+ miles before I feel like it is enough. My initial goal set was 100 lbs lost. That goal is in very near sight and as soon as I hit it I will have to set a new one. Getting down to 200 would be great.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

RazorWire™

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 10, 2017, 11:22:55 pm
Last June I was at 340. As of tonight I am down to 247. All it took in my case was to start limiting myself to 60 carbs per meal and/or 180 per day. I didn't used to do any walking for exercise but once I lost the first 50 lbs I felt good enough with enough energy that I now go on walks every 3-4 days and usually walk 2-3 miles on average. Some days I even walk 4+ miles before I feel like it is enough. My initial goal set was 100 lbs lost. That goal is in very near sight and as soon as I hit it I will have to set a new one. Getting down to 200 would be great.
Same idea I have. Wanted to drop that first 50 so I wouldn't have to carry it. The amount of energy I have is insane

GolfNut57

Quote from: RazorWire™ on April 10, 2017, 04:50:17 pm

Be careful with the apples. I don't know how many calories just one has but I do know it has 12 carbs or so. As for meats same with the calories in that the number is unknown to me. But sirloin steak shows to have zero carbs.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

RazorWire™

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 11, 2017, 05:50:59 am
Be careful with the apples. I don't know how many calories just one has but I do know it has 12 carbs or so. As for meats same with the calories in that the number is unknown to me. But sirloin steak shows to have zero carbs.
Actually only eating 2 a week. The rest of the days it's bananas. They're only about 100 calories. I eat one of those and oatmeal for breakfast. Bananas are doing wonderful things for my boy parts

GolfNut57

Quote from: RazorWire™ on April 11, 2017, 06:55:41 pm
Actually only eating 2 a week. The rest of the days it's bananas. They're only about 100 calories. I eat one of those and oatmeal for breakfast. Bananas are doing wonderful things for my boy parts

Nanners are good for those needing potassium. But just one of those has 20 carbs.

RazorWire™

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 11, 2017, 08:32:52 pm
Nanners are good for those needing potassium. But just one of those has 20 carbs.

20? Crap. Well I have been counting calories not carbs...

diehardrbackfan

Low calorie diets lead to illness. Low-carb diets lead to lack of energy.

Why would you want to do either of those when you can just eat like as much as you want as long as you eat homecooked type food and avoid sugar?

Fats and carbs and proteins are for body processes. Anyone telling you to restrict one or multiple lacks nutritional knowledge.

YellCountyHog21

Quote from: diehardrbackfan on December 23, 2021, 06:45:39 pmLow calorie diets lead to illness. Low-carb diets lead to lack of energy.

Why would you want to do either of those when you can just eat like as much as you want as long as you eat homecooked type food and avoid sugar?

Fats and carbs and proteins are for body processes. Anyone telling you to restrict one or multiple lacks nutritional knowledge.

Caloric surplus = weight gain
Caloric deficit = weight loss

There is a healthy and unhealthy rate of weight loss, however if you are overweight, it would be wise to get into a caloric deficit to try to get to a healthy weight. A weight that lowers the risk of heart disease and other life threatening illness. A weight loss rate of 1-2 lbs per week is sustainable and you should be able to keep it off after dieting. Those that lose 5lbs a week have a very high rate of gaining most of it back. Set realistic goals and be consistent.

Correct on the macro nutrients. If you are exercising and have goals of toning up or adding strength, carbs and protein should be prioritized, though your body does need some fat as well. If your concerns are only weight loss, calorie counting is really all you should be focused on