Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Agony of DE -FEET

Started by DeltaBoy, October 01, 2014, 10:37:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgrunner

DeltaBoy

19 miles walked week before last and 5 mile this past week. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Quick stepped a mile in 17:30 yesterday.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

Map my run report for August ! I walked 44 miles for the Month. I believe this summer I finally turned the corner and that my over all health is finally improving.

hawgrunner

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 08, 2015, 09:21:35 am
Map my run report for August ! I walked 44 miles for the Month. I believe this summer I finally turned the corner and that my over all health is finally improving.

good news!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: hawgrunner on September 19, 2015, 10:04:24 am
good news!

Yes and I Praise the Lord for my DR. It been a long haul since my Wreck in 2006.

DeltaBoy

I overachieved this past month  I walked 50.32 miles the past 30 days.

DeltaBoy

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=114286.msg1663637#msg1663637

Here some pictures from my Wreck in 07 How I got a year off I don't know.

hawgrunner

DeltaBoy

It busted my wife up too she got shoulder issues from the seatbelt; We were hit so hard the seatbelt dislocated her shoulder.

DeltaBoy

Sept I walked 42 miles so the meds the Dr gave me are working great.   I still take a hot shower and put on some Cream on my ankles.

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

Still cranking it out. Missed 2 workouts last week due to after work meetings at our Daughters HS and 3 days of RAIN.

DeltaBoy

Walking has slowed down with Fall back cause it getting too dark before I get home from work.  Also we had too much rain on the weekends.

DeltaBoy

Walked 2 miles this weekend , Going to pick it up during Thanksgiving break since we have the whole week off.

DeltaBoy

Got in 2 miles Monday with my daughter.

DeltaBoy

Got a total of 4 days walking in Nov with the Rain we had down here.  I am going to try and get back into the 15-20 days with the Break for Christmas.

DeltaBoy

Inserts have a been a real Blessing for my Feet .

hawgrunner

DeltaBoy

Quote from: hawgrunner on January 07, 2016, 07:01:06 pm
What kind?

sof sol Work Boot for my boots

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/airplus-ultra-work-gel-insoles/ID=prod6143300-product These for my Tennis Shoes.

I also get a store brand from Tractor Supply for my work boots.   I wear Cowboy boots and laceups to work in the winter.

DeltaBoy

Still trucking along..  Good boots with Inserts = happy Feet.

DeltaBoy

I woke up with some pain in my right foot this morning but with in 20 minutes it was gone with no meds needed.

hawgrunner

My right still may have some metatarsalgia issues.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: hawgrunner on February 18, 2016, 10:29:11 pm
My right still may have some metatarsalgia issues.

Prayers sent for you foot pain is like back pain they both make you miserable.

DeltaBoy

I got a new pair of Cowboy boots for Christmas with Virbram Creep Soles. When I got them home I stopped by the Boot Store and got some Work Boot inserts and they are the most comfortable pair of shoes outside of Tennis Shoes I own.   I can stand as long as needed at social events, Church , work etc with no foot or lower back pain or discomfort.

hawgrunner

DeltaBoy

Sore all over today cause I got over excited and did too much yard work over the weekend. On the flip side I got a ton of Spring stuff done.

DeltaBoy

Starting back to walking more now since the time change has occurred and it not Dark when I get home from work.

hawgrunner

that's one good thing about the time change.

DeltaBoy

Yep and all these inserts have been a god sent to me.

DeltaBoy

Feet have been flaring up some in the evenings after work but I'm 50 and with all my baggage I can accept it 3-4 days a month.

DeltaBoy

Got back to walking , I had not walked much since Dec 2015.

hawgrunner

Quote from: DeltaBoy on June 22, 2016, 08:03:50 am
Got back to walking , I had not walked much since Dec 2015.

how much a week?

DeltaBoy

4 days this past week for a total of 10 miles , push mowed edged and weed eated the yard and behind the fence total of 3 hours of work.

hawgrunner

Quote from: DeltaBoy on June 26, 2016, 07:57:41 pm
4 days this past week for a total of 10 miles , push mowed edged and weed eated the yard and behind the fence total of 3 hours of work.

;)

DeltaBoy

Putting in 8-10 a week.

DeltaBoy

Put in 4 miles today

hawgrunner

DeltaBoy

Dang gum feet rebelling this morning I can barely put any weight on either one..

DeltaBoy

Upgraded my inserts and as long as I just walk 2 miles a day I am fine but my feet no longer accept 3-5 mile walks. I can hardly walk the next day.

hawgrunner

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 23, 2016, 11:21:37 am
Upgraded my inserts and as long as I just walk 2 miles a day I am fine but my feet no longer accept 3-5 mile walks. I can hardly walk the next day.

1 or 2 miles is better than no miles..

DeltaBoy

Quote from: hawgrunner on August 23, 2016, 12:01:39 pm
1 or 2 miles is better than no miles..

Yes it is. I am trying to slow down and enjoy walking more.

hawgrunner

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 23, 2016, 02:29:30 pm
Yes it is. I am trying to slow down and enjoy walking more.

good call that where I'm at too.  ;)

DeltaBoy

Have a great weekend Hawgrunner.

hawgrunner

DeltaBoy

Walked a mile Sunday evening and no foot pain.

DeltaBoy

Yep my body is fighting me again keep under 3 miles and it Happy Days push it to 4 or 5 miles and it kills me.

Hogberry Snortcake

Anybody try platelet rich plasma (PRP) for soft tissue injuries?  Its like $1k and insurance won't cover it, so I'm asking around before I drop the cash. 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on September 06, 2016, 02:06:26 pm
Anybody try platelet rich plasma (PRP) for soft tissue injuries?  Its like $1k and insurance won't cover it, so I'm asking around before I drop the cash. 

I heard of it but I don't know anyone who done it.

DeltaBoy

My right leg went limp yesterday about 1/4 mile into my walk and it was the first time it did that since about 9 months after our wreck in 07.  my cane aided me to getting my 1.8 miles in .  It was still a tad weak this morning but by 10 am it was fine.