Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Agony of DE -FEET

Started by DeltaBoy, October 01, 2014, 10:37:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

10thPlanet

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 08, 2016, 02:20:35 pm
My right leg went limp yesterday about 1/4 mile into my walk and it was the first time it did that since about 9 months after our wreck in 07.  my cane aided me to getting my 1.8 miles in .  It was still a tad weak this morning but by 10 am it was fine.
Prayers for your leg and health Delta.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: 10thPlanet on September 12, 2016, 06:23:51 pm
Prayers for your leg and health Delta.

Thanks Father Time being cruel to me.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Dr Tina realigned me Friday and my feet been fine since.  When my lower back gets a bit out it makes that right leg act up cause of my santic nerve.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

Used a cane two times since last posting.  I'm going down hill slowly with each passing year.

DeltaBoy

40 minutes of the Treadmill made them sore today.

DeltaBoy

Been doing pretty well till last week when  I was feeling froggy and tryed a new machine at the Gym and threw my back out. 

Hogberry Snortcake

Dry needling to fix this stubborn PF. 

Pork Twain

I feel for anyone having back/leg pain.  I hurt mine in 2008 and over the next 6 years had 3 surgeries in between 4 deployments.  After the last one, I feel like a brand new man.  Well other than the back of my left leg being completely numb due to them waiting too long between surgeries 1 and 2.  I try to tell people that Sciatica was the worst part about it all.  There is nothing that compares to that pain.

Good luck with this process.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Pork Twain on December 28, 2016, 06:20:41 am
I feel for anyone having back/leg pain.  I hurt mine in 2008 and over the next 6 years had 3 surgeries in between 4 deployments.  After the last one, I feel like a brand new man.  Well other than the back of my left leg being completely numb due to them waiting too long between surgeries 1 and 2.  I try to tell people that Sciatica was the worst part about it all.  There is nothing that compares to that pain.

Good luck with this process.

Dr Tina keeps me going along as I don't do anything too stupid.   She told me to walk out doors or on a treadmill but not to elevate it over level 5 .

DeltaBoy

Feet been acting nice since I last posted.  Inserts are my best friend to my feet.

DeltaBoy

Hitting the treadmill 3 times a week and in March I going to start doing some light weight lifting on the machines.  As long as I listen to my feet and change out those inserts at least once a year I am doing way better than ever before.

DeltaBoy

Feet seem to be holding up on the tread mill.

DeltaBoy

Feet acted ups this last month mostly my bum ankle been Sore.  ::hornsdown::

DeltaBoy

Got back going and walked 16 miles this week.

DeltaBoy

Got a phone app that tracks my walking I shooting for 6,000 steps a day plus what ever tread mill work I do at the Gym.

hawgrunner

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 05, 2017, 11:38:41 am
Got a phone app that tracks my walking I shooting for 6,000 steps a day plus what ever tread mill work I do at the Gym.

My phone has the app built into it.

HawgPilot

DeltaBoy

Samsung galaxy 7 has a preload heath all of works.

hawgrunner

DeltaBoy

Still having some foot issued if I walk much over 8,000 steps a day.

DeltaBoy

Feet act up about once a month!

DeltaBoy

Put new inserts and I can tell it was time to do it.

DeltaBoy

Missed the Gym since the wife started this new round of Treatments.

DeltaBoy

Hope to get back to the gym now the wife finished her Radiation treatments.

DeltaBoy

Been in and out of the gym till July 2018 cause I was in two auto accidents in 3 weeks plus my ankle popped out and threw me on to file floor where I got busted ribs.
Neither accidents were my fault one old lady ran a stop sign and T boned me and the other one was a Old lady who rearended me 3 days after getting the car out of the shop.
Per the Dr I must walk with a cane or walking stick. No more falling for me.

hawgrunner

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 05, 2018, 08:33:01 pm
Been in and out of the gym till July 2018 cause I was in two auto accidents in 3 weeks plus my ankle popped out and threw me on to file floor where I got busted ribs.
Neither accidents were my fault one old lady ran a stop sign and T boned me and the other one was a Old lady who rearended me 3 days after getting the car out of the shop.
Per the Dr I must walk with a cane or walking stick. No more falling for me.

tough run of luck... take care

Hogberry Snortcake

DeltaBoy

Canes are my safety net.

DeltaBoy

Put new inserts in both pairs of boots.  My Nikes and New Balance Tennis shoes are fine.

Dr. Starcs

I need some insert recommendations.

Concrete tears my feet up, even though I've got a quality tennis shoe.

DeltaBoy

I been getting my at Tractor Supply or the Drug Store.  The Green Ones are the best but they cost nearly 30 bucks.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/georgia-boot-cc5-comfort-core-footbed?cm_vc=-10005

https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/  The Green ones

DeltaBoy

2 Car Accidents in the Summer. Left me using the Cane all the time now.

DeltaBoy

Got my back MRIed and I have bone spurs and 3 bulging disk in Number 6-8 in my lower back.  Sick wife means casserole's and I holding steady at 250

DeltaBoy

Stopped the Casseroles from coming in.; Protein Shake and coffee for breakfast , a med lunch and Protein shake for Supper. 

DeltaBoy

Started a new diet and so far I lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks.  I have a 220 cal Protein shake for Breakfast and Supper and I have a Light Lunch of sandwich , fruit , stick of cheese and water.  I drink nothing but water and black coffee. 

Hogberry Snortcake

PF in my other foot after a couple years of health.  Gotta go back to the PT for the dry needle. 

CurDog64

We've been dry needling for PF in our clinic for a bit over a year and seeing good results. Dry needling to decrease pain and assist in healing, orthotics, gastric/soleus stretches twice daily, and night splints are where it's at.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: CurDog64 on December 01, 2019, 03:33:11 pm
We've been dry needling for PF in our clinic for a bit over a year and seeing good results. Dry needling to decrease pain and assist in healing, orthotics, gastric/soleus stretches twice daily, and night splints are where it's at.

Good to know.  The needle was the only thing that fixed it.  Stretching, orthotics, etc mitigated it, but couldn't knock it out.  And I wasn't willing to quit the gym/road/field long enough otherwise.