Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Agony of DE -FEET

Started by DeltaBoy, October 01, 2014, 10:37:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Since my accident in 06 I have been having issues with my right leg and feet and me and the wife are looking at some other options to get me some long term relieve.
1. Regular Chiropractic  Treatments
2. updating my inserts in my shoes.
3. Getting a detailed check up and options.
4. Surgical options

So please keep me in your prayers.  Back in 06 the Doctors wanted me to go on Medical Disability and now at almost 49 I am more open to that option than  I was in 06.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

vandybuff

You are in my prayers ... and while I don't know you or your condition, there is a lot of medical advances in the last eight years.  Go for it! 
What a wonderful time to rediscover the hobby for a lifetime - a great book!!!

A happy life is doing something "that matters".  So start today!!!!!

DeltaBoy

Thanks I heading to the Chiropractor today after work. If I see no improvement over the weekend I will be sitting in the Dr. Office Monday Morning! 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

My Angel of Mercy got me straighten out ! She said my back was out in four places and was impressed I walked in with out a cane.  My Back is a little sore from the adjustments and my sciatic nerve is inflamed.  I also got 2 new pair of inserts for my work shoes.

H&D

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 03, 2014, 09:17:22 am
My Angel of Mercy got me straighten out ! She said my back was out in four places and was impressed I walked in with out a cane.  My Back is a little sore from the adjustments and my sciatic nerve is inflamed.  I also got 2 new pair of inserts for my work shoes.

Not being a smart arse, but don't you sit at work?  I feel you on the back pain.  Most of mine is lower back and hips.  I'm trying out some under uniform suspenders to take the weight to the duty belt off of my hips.  The mayor won't let us go to outer vest because they look too "scary." Ten years of 25lbs around my waist is starting to take it's toll. 

Do you sit with your wallet in your back pocket?  I was surprised how big of a difference it made when I stopped doing that. 
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

DeltaBoy

No problem H&D I get up and walk every 15-25 minutes through out the day.  Other wise I am in a good padded office desk watching monitors. I don't have any pain on my left side where I carry my bill fold since I am a southpaw.  98% of my issues go back to my right leg that got messed up in that wreck we had in 2006.  I had joint compression and the lower leg bones penetrated my Cartridge plate at the ankle.  Today I have 80% loss of Cartridge in my right ankle.

Yep our SRO here at the HS says the same thing. He got some mil spec suspenders last year to take the load off his lower back and hips.   He trys to make a lap around the building halls every hour or so.

H&D

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 03, 2014, 02:47:38 pm
No problem H&D I get up and walk every 15-25 minutes through out the day.  Other wise I am in a good padded office desk watching monitors. I don't have any pain on my left side where I carry my bill fold since I am a southpaw.  98% of my issues go back to my right leg that got messed up in that wreck we had in 2006.  I had joint compression and the lower leg bones penetrated my Cartridge plate at the ankle.  Today I have 80% loss of Cartridge in my right ankle.

Yep our SRO here at the HS says the same thing. He got some mil spec suspenders last year to take the load off his lower back and hips.   He trys to make a lap around the building halls every hour or so.

From what I've heard it's not so much the wallet causing pain in our butt, it possibly throws your spine out of alignment. You might just try it, the only problem is sitting your wallet down places and forgetting it.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

DeltaBoy

I asked my Chiropractor and she said it was ok with me but she does recommend some of her patients to move to a front pocket Bill fold carry.
Getting older is not for cowards.

DeltaBoy

Dr said the Osto Arthritis is the reason my right foot is creaking and popping like an old Ford with a Twin I beam suspension with the Bushings wore out.

DeltaBoy

Had some great days till this past Sunday , after being on my feet for over 12 hours Saturday I work up to a weak right leg and 2 very sore feet.   What so bad is that I felt tired but pretty good when I hit the sack after a hot shower and two Aleve Sat night.   Got to be on my feet for another long day this Sat and I am going to make a point to sit down more this coming weekend.

DeltaBoy

4 straight weekends of band contest and my feet are toast. Getting some better shoes soon.

DeltaBoy

A day off my feet and they are way better.

DeltaBoy

Home Friday Saturday and my feet are much happier.

vandybuff

good luck, pal.  aching feet can ruin most anything!

DeltaBoy

Quote from: vandybuff on November 02, 2014, 06:17:33 pm
good luck, pal.  aching feet can ruin most anything!

Yes and may God forgive me for my callous reactions and eye rolls over others foot pain when I was a young man.

vandybuff

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 02, 2014, 09:04:30 pm
Yes and may God forgive me for my callous reactions and eye rolls over others foot pain when I was a young man.
hahahaha!

DeltaBoy

vandybuff

LOL! 

Which reminds me -- I must work on my 'thoughts' of the 27 year old, 500 pound woman on the wal-mart electric cart blocking the candy aisle.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: vandybuff on November 05, 2014, 01:46:51 pm
LOL! 

Which reminds me -- I must work on my 'thoughts' of the 27 year old, 500 pound woman on the wal-mart electric cart blocking the candy aisle.

Yes the Good Lord got as sense of Humor some times.   Daddy always swore that if you were mean to fat gals growing up you would marry a good looking one who would bloom on you 2-6 years down the road. He said that was your punishment for being mean.

vandybuff

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 06, 2014, 08:39:22 am
Yes the Good Lord got as sense of Humor some times.   Daddy always swore that if you were mean to fat gals growing up you would marry a good looking one who would bloom on you 2-6 years down the road. He said that was your punishment for being mean.

hahahaha!

DeltaBoy

My Feet just doesn't take any extra work anymore.  12 hour days on cement at events or long weekdays give me unhappy feet mostly the next day but some times they rebel midway through the day or event.

vandybuff

Don't laugh - I am not joking:  if you can, try changing shoes mid-day ... I used to do this and at the least my feet felt better.

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

Good feet this week but I not be on them for 10-14 hours straight either.

DeltaBoy

Went to the Dr the Monday of Thanksgiving Week and he got me on some old meds that are working and cost me less than 2 bucks a month.  I down to 2 Tylenol or 1 Aleave per a day .

DeltaBoy

Feet are better but my energy not where I want.

DeltaBoy

Been taking some B-12 and that seems to have helped plus I am going to bed 30 minutes earlier.

DeltaBoy

The pain med they gave me is Meloxicam 15 mg.

DeltaBoy

Made my feet hurt Sunday by Stomping a Snake to death with only a pair of Crocs on. It was a baby Copperhead.

vandybuff

poor guy .... just the story makes "my" feet hurt :o

DeltaBoy

Quote from: vandybuff on February 11, 2015, 12:27:27 am
poor guy .... just the story makes "my" feet hurt :o

Yep it spooked me pretty bad because it still Feb and we usually don't see them until Mid March down here.

DeltaBoy

Dr said Monday that I would just have to live with my feet cause of the degeneration of the ankle joint and the arthritic in my feet.

DeltaBoy

Even with the new pain med I still have some aches and such in my feet on these really cold days.

DeltaBoy

The Cold Weather today made my hands and feet ache.  :puke:

vol_in_ar

DeltaBoy

Thanks vol-in Ar. The Sins of a misspent youth haunt me like the Ghost of Christmas past.

DeltaBoy

Trying to walk more at work and at home, but some days even with the new meds my feet feel like they have been Caned.  :puke:

DeltaBoy

I still have some post work foot pain but it generally just 2 days a week now days.

DeltaBoy

Still having good and bad days with my feet. Some times I know what I did to them and others it just as mysterious as a woman.

DeltaBoy

Dang things hurt like the Devil Sunday and I was off my feet all day.

DeltaBoy

Some weeks it seems like they are getting better and the next week is Oh what in the Hades have I done.

DeltaBoy

Upgraded my inserts and my feet are much happier I trying to get to a every 6 month instead of a once a year change out cycle.

DeltaBoy

The 6 month change out vs once a school year seemed to help a ton.

DeltaBoy

Feet are doing better as long as I don't over do it. Push mowing the yard layes me up for the next day still about every 3rd time.

DeltaBoy

Inserts are working well for me .

DeltaBoy

Walking 2-3 miles a day. Feet are still a tad sore when I get up.

hawgrunner

Quote from: DeltaBoy on July 31, 2015, 10:35:11 am
Walking 2-3 miles a day. Feet are still a tad sore when I get up.

3 mile walk is good.

DeltaBoy

I am up to 3-4 miles most days. Tuesday this week I was extra froggy and walked 3.80 miles each under 18 minutes each.

DeltaBoy

My new feet management update system .

1. Hot shower after walking and a dose of Aspercream on each foot and ankle,some days the knees get a dose.
2. ALIEVE before bed.
3. Mornings if I feel any pain I dose the parts again with Aspercream. Take my daily meds  and out the door.

Added to my insert 6 month change out My feet are much better.

DeltaBoy