Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Running Thread

Started by Pulled(PP)pork, July 31, 2013, 06:18:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: rock642 on October 13, 2013, 07:49:23 pm
http://www.mapmyrun.com/app/wahoo/
not sure that will work with my windows phone.  but I will dig a little deeper and check it out.

Pulled(PP)pork

ok, added the free version (mapmyrun) to my windows phone, but no option to upgrade.  so, it's very basic in what it gives in info.

PP

Hogbody

What about the new Samsung watch/phone? Could be pretty useful

Shocktheman

Army 10miler this weekend.  Anybody running the event in D. C.?

PintailKiller

Quote from: Hogbody on October 12, 2013, 08:33:29 am
It went alright considering the temp and humidity. Got done just before storm hit in Little Rock. Would have liked a little faster

(Yes that's a popcorn hog mat)

Nice run.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Pulled(PP)pork

5.19mi in 45:48, thanks to the G chews.

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Hogbody on October 12, 2013, 08:33:29 am
It went alright considering the temp and humidity. Got done just before storm hit in Little Rock. Would have liked a little faster

(Yes that's a popcorn hog mat)

which model is that?

PP

Hogbody

Pulled(PP)pork

hawgrunner

Hogbody

Second half marathon was this past Saturday. Did better than expected, especially with what I ran above

kingofdequeen

signed up for LR Half Marathon. 

God...if you're listening...help.

Pulled(PP)pork

If you carry an iPhone, get runkeeper app, will definitely train you to be prepared for it.

PP

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on October 31, 2013, 04:10:57 pm
If you carry an iPhone, get runkeeper app, will definitely train you to be prepared for it.

PP

meh, i'm already running 5k+ and moving to 10k.  21k after that.  I could be good to go by new years if i busted ass.

wife runs trail stuff - ran black and blue in mempho last week.  trail marathon where she ran 4 min faster than she ran the LR marathon this year.   she's gotten into this jazz and has turned into a BEAST.  i'm just getting my ass off the couch and trying to keep up. 

Pulled(PP)pork

Coondog Hog

Seriously considering the Hogeye half marathon for my big goal.  going to start training hard for it as soon as deer season gets done.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

hawgrunner

Quote from: Coondog Hog on October 31, 2013, 11:33:52 pm
Seriously considering the Hogeye half marathon for my big goal.  going to start training hard for it as soon as deer season gets done.

The 38th Annual Hogeye Marathon is on March 30. A good solid 16 week training program would start Dec 9th.

Junkyard Hog

37 year old male, 6'2", 250 (down from 290 in May)

Been on the Atkins roller coaster for years (lose, gain, lose, gain)

Decided to finally do it with diet and exercise.

Been doing about 60 miles a week (half walking/half jogging).

I get up at 4:45 and watch a movie or two on the treadmill every morning and sometimes at lunch.

Hudge

If you look at me, I do not look like much of a runner, but I have been steadily running for 3 1/2 years now. I was down 40 lbs to 210 (6'2"), but have put one about 20 pounds due to injuries. I have fractured my right heel in two places, and now have knee injuries due to a back injury that was not correctly treated. Like others here, I am military as well and have to run my PT test under 14 minutes. My average time lately has been under 12:00, ut with my knees in the last three months it's really taking it's toll on me.  I was told yesterday my my physical therapist I should not run for at least 6 months until my knees heal.  That is not going to work as my doctor refuses to put me on profile and I have to run my PT test in 4 more months. Anyways, before leaving AR I was running 4 miles a day 6 days a week, now I am averaging 2 miles for two days and 3 miles two days a week running only 4 days a week.

Coondog Hog

Quote from: rock642 on November 02, 2013, 09:45:09 am
The 38th Annual Hogeye Marathon is on March 30. A good solid 16 week training program would start Dec 9th.

That's what I've been thinking on.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan

Pulled(PP)pork

Any recommendations on cold weather gear? As inexpensive as possible?

PP

Coondog Hog

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on November 03, 2013, 09:03:53 pm
Any recommendations on cold weather gear? As inexpensive as possible?

PP

Starter Brand knock off under armour from Wally World or look at the real deal on ebay
  - Ronald Reagan

-Ronald Reagan

Pulled(PP)pork

starting 10k training on sunday, hope I don't freeze to death.

PP

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on November 11, 2013, 04:25:00 pm
starting 10k training on sunday, hope I don't freeze to death.

PP

lulz, don't be a puthy.  my fatass is training for a half.

ran the base trail at pinnacle today, plus another mile of the trail and then a few miles of pavement.  i'm freakin addicted to this crap.

doing bridge to 10k thing - gone thru 11 weeks of their training program in 6 weeks.  on to 21k/13mi after that. cardio's good, achilles not so much.  maybe got up in miles too fast.

anyhoo.  loving this right now.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: kingofdequeen on November 11, 2013, 06:08:30 pm
lulz, don't be a puthy.  my fatass is training for a half.

ran the base trail at pinnacle today, plus another mile of the trail and then a few miles of pavement.  i'm freakin addicted to this crap.

doing bridge to 10k thing - gone thru 11 weeks of their training program in 6 weeks.  on to 21k/13mi after that. cardio's good, achilles not so much.  maybe got up in miles too fast.

anyhoo.  loving this right now.
well, I can see  your point, but Im a tad older than you and my achilles are my biggest enemy.  This runkeeper app will have me running 9mi in no time....my current best was 5.5mi.  it is addicting, but I dread running in the cold.

PP

Delicious~Dreams

I dread this winter with a passion but I don't want to lose what I have gained endurance wise....Love2Run :)

Anyone running in The Jinglebell Run 5k in Fayetteville this Saturday?   

kingofdequeen

hammered out 5.2 miles in just over 45 minutes tonight.  feeling awesome right now.

hawgrunner

kingofdequeen

Quote from: rock642 on November 15, 2013, 08:55:53 am
good pace

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/4/4_1/96.shtml

it was cold and my cardio never faultered. 

growing up, i was a fat kid that couldn't run a 1/2 mile without wheezing myself into an ashthma (not real) attack. 

Now i can run a mile faster than i've ever ran in my life at 32.  kinda empowering.

Pulled(PP)pork

The runners "high" is a great feeling

PP

Hogsmo Kramer

Jogged for the first time last night in say 6 months.

Still been lifting and stuff just really slacking on the cardio so decided to get my butt out and quit being lazy.

Funny thing though I do squats, deads, etc. for my legs all the time but they are sore as crap from running.

Just goes to show you not everything crosses over; it was really nice to get out though and run.

Next up hill sprints or maybe sled drags over the weekend. :(
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

hawgpharmer

Training to do Fayetteville half marathon in December. Never been a big runner til this year. Goal is to finish in less than two hours.

kingofdequeen

Ran my first race this weekend - Race the Base out at Pinnacle.

Didn't get last in my age group, and my wife the badass (who also won her agegroup) only beat me by 7 minutes.  had an epic fall too.  WIN.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: kingofdequeen on November 18, 2013, 08:51:08 am
Ran my first race this weekend - Race the Base out at Pinnacle.

Didn't get last in my age group, and my wife the badass (who also won her agegroup) only beat me by 7 minutes.  had an epic fall too.  WIN.
good job.  I started back again last night, an easy 2miler and will officially begin on tuesday with another.

I'm trying to take heed in your digestive problems and get enough protein in .

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

put in 4mi over 42min in 35deg weather, I'm a crazy mutha.  but, it felt good to complete as there were some huge hills I had to climb.

PP

PintailKiller

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on November 25, 2013, 10:54:56 am
put in 4mi over 42min in 35deg weather, I'm a crazy mutha.  but, it felt good to complete as there were some huge hills I had to climb.

PP

Nice work PP.  I've got to get back at it.  Only run 6 times since mid August.  UGH.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Pulled(PP)pork

this cold weather is brutal on the hands, if it weren't for that, I wouldn't mind the running in freezing weather. 

logged another 2+ mi this morning in 21:45.  Saturday I'm, supposed to do a 5miler, either before or after my 12hr shift.....yippeeeeeee

PP

Junkyard Hog

Ten miles this morning in about 2 hours.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on November 28, 2013, 04:59:44 pm
Ten miles this morning in about 2 hours.
good job, could you feel your hands and feet afterwards?

PP

Junkyard Hog

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on November 28, 2013, 06:51:15 pm
good job, could you feel your hands and feet afterwards?

PP

Yep. I was inside on my treadmill.

Watched the Hog game from yesterday and part of a movie during my run.  It makes it so much easier for me.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on November 28, 2013, 07:18:13 pm
Yep. I was inside on my treadmill.

Watched the Hog game from yesterday and part of a movie during my run.  It makes it so much easier for me.
I iz jealous

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

I got the a new Garmin 410 Forerunner watch/hr monitor for christmas....of course, I couldn't wait until then to start using it.  I really like the watch, it's pretty accurate, but haven't been able to get the heartrate monitor to work.

anyone with the same get-up that can help?

oh, and did my 4mi in just over 41min last night.  slow and sleady wins the race

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

I tell ya, this watch has been rather complicating, but finally getting it figured out (with some help from the interwebs).  damn thing does everything but document my piss breaks and bowel movements...hell it might do that if I research it a little more

PP

hilljack

For those of you looking to keep your mileage up while it's cold and want to stay off the treadmill... Try Picking up,some cheap running gloves.  I picked up a pair for about $10 at an REI type store.  If I can manage to keep my ears and hands warm, running in the cold doesn't suck as much.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: hilljack on December 06, 2013, 08:21:56 am
For those of you looking to keep your mileage up while it's cold and want to stay off the treadmill... Try Picking up,some cheap running gloves.  I picked up a pair for about $10 at an REI type store.  If I can manage to keep my ears and hands warm, running in the cold doesn't suck as much.
yeah, once my body warms up, it's not that bad.....the nipples take the worst of it, lol

PP

hilljack

PP
You might want to consider some fur lined pasties then!  They're stylish and keep the nips warm. :-D

Junkyard Hog

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on December 06, 2013, 08:44:41 am
yeah, once my body warms up, it's not that bad.....the nipples take the worst of it, lol

PP

I put on nipeaze pasties.  Otherwise, mine get raw!  I also use runner's glide on the inside of my thighs and I wear braces on my shins.

I told someone the other day it takes me 20 minutes just to get ready for a run!
Cranked out 12 miles today.

hawgrunner

Junkyard Hog