Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gonna quit smoking tomorrow...

Started by HF#1, June 18, 2013, 03:49:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DOGALUM

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 12, 2016, 10:05:56 pm
I quit 3 months ago. Been drunk a couple times around friends who smoke and haven't stumbled once. I was sick so the first week was the easiest. It's amazing how just today I get the strongest desire for one.
It gets easier with time.  I'm just over 3 years cold turkey.  Every once in awhile I will be on the deck, or in the yard.....somewhere that I used to really enjoy the act of smoking.....and I will comment to my wife that this would be a great time for a smoke.  Sometimes I'll even bring my fingers to my mouth, suck and inhale....hold and exhale a few times.   But I've not smoked one since I quit and I don't see myself ever doing it again.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

hawgrunner

Quote from: DOGALUM on July 13, 2016, 06:18:23 pm
It gets easier with time.  I'm just over 3 years cold turkey.  Every once in awhile I will be on the deck, or in the yard.....somewhere that I used to really enjoy the act of smoking.....and I will comment to my wife that this would be a great time for a smoke.  Sometimes I'll even bring my fingers to my mouth, suck and inhale....hold and exhale a few times.   But I've not smoked one since I quit and I don't see myself ever doing it again.

Great work!

hawgrunner

Quote from: theFlyingHog on July 12, 2016, 10:05:56 pm
I quit 3 months ago. Been drunk a couple times around friends who smoke and haven't stumbled once. I was sick so the first week was the easiest. It's amazing how just today I get the strongest desire for one.

It's been now over 8+ years for me and I can't remember the last time I thought about one.

DOGALUM

Quote from: hawgrunner on July 14, 2016, 12:25:53 pm
It's been now over 8+ years for me and I can't remember the last time I thought about one.
spectacular!
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

theFlyingHog

Quote from: hawgrunner on July 14, 2016, 12:25:53 pm
That's great. I can't wait to get to where I don't think about it. I'm just like dogalum; certain triggers. I can taste it and feel it coursing through my body. I'm really glad I'm a quitter though. Still haven't gotten off my butt and started losing weight though

HogScoutMaster

Been quit for close to 3 years now.

Second attempt
First Attempt lasted about 3 weeks

Trust me when you those people say "its all in your head" it is!

On both occasions I used Chantix's (1 month round) but my head was in it the second time around, I truly wanted to quit.  Wife smokes and it doesn't bother me, I always said that if I can quit I will NEVER pick them back up again.
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

LSUFan

Quote from: HF#1 on June 18, 2013, 03:49:54 pm
No excuses, no help, just going to do it.  I was a non-smoker before and I'm going to be again. 

Also going to start P90X soon along with Shakeology.  Can't wait to get started and see some results. 

Looking to dump 40-50lbs and keep it off.  Making some major lifestyle changes.  Wish me luck.
Will you smoke my bird, first?
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

tlmack

Two things I did when I quit 21 years ago. I was a pack a day smoker on average and they were 2.00 a pack. Every day I put 2.00 in a shoe box and put it on a shelf in the closet. I never took money out and on my one year anniversary of no smoking i took the money out and paid for a week vacation. The second thing I did and I believe this helped more than anything, I took plastic straws and cut them into cigarette size pieces.I put one in my shirt pocket and when the urge hit I would take the "cigarette" and smoke. Inhaled the clear air,flicked the ashes,hold it between the fingers etc. I would do everything with that straw I would do with a cigarette except smoke. It may have been a psychological thing but it worked for me and several other friends. Good luck. You can do it !

gratefulhogg

Quote from: HF#1 on June 18, 2013, 03:49:54 pm
No excuses, no help, just going to do it.  I was a non-smoker before and I'm going to be again. 

Also going to start P90X soon along with Shakeology.  Can't wait to get started and see some results. 

Looking to dump 40-50lbs and keep it off.  Making some major lifestyle changes.  Wish me luck.
Hows it going?
If Hilary can still ride with Bill after the Monica situation, I can still ride with the Hogs after a Defeat!

HF#1

Quote from: gratefulhogg on March 11, 2018, 04:54:00 pm
Hows it going?

Been quit for a while. Had to use Chantix. The P90x didn't last long. I'm still trying to cut weight, change eating habits. It's tough.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

DLUXHOG

Good luck!   You do have the personal will power to accomplish this task ya know.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

HF#1

Quote from: DLUXHOG on July 25, 2018, 12:06:10 pm
Good luck!   You do have the personal will power to accomplish this task ya know.....

I've pretty much done away with all my addictions. Smoking, junk food, soda, etc. I can't nor will I ever let coffee go though. I've lost 25lbs and continuing to drop excess weight. Hoping to go from 260lbs to about 215lbs.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!