0 (0%)
No
3 (42.9%)
What in the hades is Gluten Free
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: April 08, 2013, 02:26:51 pm

DeltaBoy

I have been for over 4 years now and I feel much better. For me it has eliminated the joint pain I was having in my Hands, Shoulders, Hips and Feet.  I also have less digetive issues than before.  I do miss regular bread.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RazrRila99

Im trying to go gluten free.  Ive cut out quite a bit of products that include gluten and gone to a more fresh diet.  I feel better, but just need help going that extra little bit.

DeltaBoy

It is less of a PIA than it was 5 years ago to find Gluten Free Products.  Hungry Girl Flat Bread made by Flatout is the best tasting thing I have found to replace real white bread. All the stores in my area carry Gluten Free Pasta now.
The real pain is my kid can't eat carrots or tomatoes; tons of products and soups have either one or both in them.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

hawgrunner

My wife is gluten free, couple years now. We're lucky to have large group of stores here in San Diego that carry gluten free products.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: rock642 on March 23, 2013, 10:40:24 pm
My wife is gluten free, couple years now. We're lucky to have large group of stores here in San Diego that carry gluten free products.

Your Blessed we are still behind the curve here South of Fort Worth TX.

Buck Ocean

I try as much as possible, but I'm not actively campaigning on behalf of people.  I'll offer as a suggestion to some, but most of the time people will not give 100% so they do not know the full health benefits.  Sure you lose weight, but you can eliminate small to severe pain, and plenty of other things including rid of illness.  I stopped eating sandwiches because the processed meats and started baking fish for M-F lunch meals.  I go with a sweet potato instead of bread.  I ditched the oatmeal in the morning and have been going eggs only.  I've noticed in my midsection and my metabolism after lunch. 

You really don't need a gluten free grocery store in my opinion.  Just grill all your meats and vegetables.  Reheat your food for each meal.  Cook eggs. Eat salad or spinach leaf with mediterranean olives, grape tomatos and a light balsamic dressing. 
Think like a Jedi

DeltaBoy

It been going good so far. My joint pain is gone unless I work out hard.

DeltaBoy

Still going strong.

DeltaBoy

Going Gluten free has been a blessing beyond believe.

hawgrunner

We still have a hard time finding a good gluten free pizza.  :)

DeltaBoy

BJ's Brewhouse here in the DFW metro area makes a great one.

hawgrunner

We've found some here, but the taste isn't.

DeltaBoy

BJ's Brewhouse Pizza been good for me.

Wahls

I have full-blown Celiac and Hashimoto's disease so I have to go gluten free. Unless you have gluten intolerance or full-blown Celiac disease, there really isn't a point to go gluten free from the research I've seen. That said:

I make my pizza at home. I make the crust out of ground rice flour and one of my family members prefers my pizza over the options in town. Don't use soy flour, that stuff is naaaaasty for pizza purposes.
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Wahls on October 19, 2013, 04:58:35 am
I have full-blown Celiac and Hashimoto's disease so I have to go gluten free. Unless you have gluten intolerance or full-blown Celiac disease, there really isn't a point to go gluten free from the research I've seen. That said:

I make my pizza at home. I make the crust out of ground rice flour and one of my family members prefers my pizza over the options in town. Don't use soy flour, that stuff is naaaaasty for pizza purposes.

Prayers for you a ton of my issues have gone away since I had my gall bladder out but it still helps me with joint inflamtion.

HROHog

I'm not, though my sister started doing it several months ago and has had improvement with digestive issues.

I know this eating plan has really caught on. I've started noticing, even here in small town USA, some of the generic brands of food are now labeling their products as being "gluten free".

DeltaBoy

It is getting better in finding stuff and the food is better it doesn't taste like Cardboard.

Wahls

Quote from: HROHog on November 06, 2013, 10:18:18 pm
I'm not, though my sister started doing it several months ago and has had improvement with digestive issues.

I know this eating plan has really caught on. I've started noticing, even here in small town USA, some of the generic brands of food are now labeling their products as being "gluten free".

If you're dealing with inflammation of your joints and gluten-free food is helping you, it is almost a certainty (in my non-medical opinion) that you have an auto-immune disorder of some sort or will have one soon. That is how someone with auto-immune issues (like myself) often react.

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 14, 2013, 10:11:01 am
It is getting better in finding stuff and the food is better it doesn't taste like Cardboard.

I have found gluten free cookies that are just flat out excellent. They taste as good, if not better, than most brands of normal cookies.
Quote from: A.Ziffle on April 20, 2012, 10:39:01 pm
You have two kinds of tough guys... those that do it from behind a keyboard, and those that juggle soap in prison just to show they're a fearless bastard.

DeltaBoy

I have Osto Arthritis in both feet and my ankle .

DeltaBoy

I can get by with eating some regular bread now and then since the gall bladder came out.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 19, 2013, 02:26:51 pm
I have been for over 4 years now and I feel much better. For me it has eliminated the joint pain I was having in my Hands, Shoulders, Hips and Feet.  I also have less digetive issues than before.  I do miss regular bread.

I cheat some regular bread 2-3 times a week and I am getting away with it.

DeltaBoy

I not totally free but the reductions I stayed with have really helped my joints.

DeltaBoy

I am still using a modified diet and I am eating some white bread and some rolls and biscuts  every other week or so.

hawgrunner

DeltaBoy

Thanks I believe my Gall Bladder was causing most of my joint and body aches and pains.