Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weight loss after Gall Bladder removal

Started by DeltaBoy, February 28, 2013, 03:15:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coondog Hog

I'm down 110 now but like PP I still have my Gall Bladder.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

DeltaBoy

Good yours is playing nice mine tried to kill me.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Been tough since school started the City owned gym cut their hours back and with our teenage daughters school schedule we rarely make it anymore.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

I got to get back into the Gym but we are up at school at 6:45 am and Home at 9-10 pm with kids activities at our HS.

DeltaBoy

Still working out some at home but I have not been back to the gym.

DeltaBoy

Lost 10 pounds due to some dental work and having a stomach bug  :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

DeltaBoy

Caught the Norvo Virus and lost 15 pounds in 2 days.

DeltaBoy

Bump still have not got back to the gym sad thing is I feel great but I gained some weight.

DeltaBoy

We got back in the gym Saturday for the first time since Labor Day Weekend.  HS with a teenager who is a cheerleader and Band junkie who also active at church and you got a real rat race going. Plus the Bride started being an after school bus monitor which means we don't get out of here until 4:30 pm and home at 5 -5:15 depending on traffic.

DeltaBoy

Back to the gym tonite good Lord willing.

DeltaBoy

Made the gym and I am setting at 240 today down from about 258 to start the year.

john c

If you haven't done this, you might consider taking digestive enzymes anytime you have much of a fatty meal.  There are numerous brands but Mega-Zyme work best for me.  Available at about any decent health foods store.  One tablet just before a meal or during.  Heavy meal then double up.  It's worth a try.  After losing my gall bladder, it wasn't long before waist line started to grow.  My doc said that was common.  Mega-Zyme helps both that and most of the other unpleasant effects that can come with no gall bladder.  I assume you have your liver function checked routinely. 

DeltaBoy

Quote from: john c on April 05, 2014, 08:52:19 pm
If you haven't done this, you might consider taking digestive enzymes anytime you have much of a fatty meal.  There are numerous brands but Mega-Zyme work best for me.  Available at about any decent health foods store.  One tablet just before a meal or during.  Heavy meal then double up.  It's worth a try.  After losing my gall bladder, it wasn't long before waist line started to grow.  My doc said that was common.  Mega-Zyme helps both that and most of the other unpleasant effects that can come with no gall bladder.  I assume you have your liver function checked routinely. 

They said my liver was fine and I had no  need to have it checked more than at my annual physical. Thanks I have been using Yogurt to keep it happy But I will check your stuff out.

DeltaBoy

My Fat has moved from my sides and back to just below the belly button.  BOO HISS!

Pork Twain

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 28, 2013, 03:15:18 pm
Any changes in being able to lose weight after having your gall bladder removed.

I am having a hard time since I have not returned to the gym.
Depends, how much did your gall bladder weigh?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

DeltaBoy

Quote from: BeoPig™ on April 18, 2014, 09:03:27 am
Depends, how much did your gall bladder weigh?

They said it was full of stones as they has seen before and it weighted about 12 pounds.

DeltaBoy

Going to get some enzymes and see what happens.

DeltaBoy

Working out at home but I going back to the gym as soon as school gets out and this year I am going to keep it up once school starts.

DeltaBoy

Down 14 pounds since last report hope to get under 200 one of these days.

DeltaBoy

Creeped back up to 250 and then back down to 246 this week July and August was Crazy and I ate too good keeping the Weber HOT!

DeltaBoy

Back to School has kept me out of the gym.   I as so tired Saturdays and the Gym is closed Sundays.  Add my lower back and foot problems it been a PIB to get over there to work out.

DeltaBoy

I holding the line at 242 down from 257 earlier this fall. Got to keep an eye on things with the Holidays coming on fast.

DeltaBoy

Holding steady but my feet are holding me back.

10thPlanet

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 06, 2013, 08:29:21 pm
Thanks I'll get some Hydroxyl cut at Wally world tomorrow.
Keep an eye on your B/P.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: 10thPlanet on November 16, 2014, 03:56:47 pm
Keep an eye on your B/P.

I got the Caffeine free one and I am not taking it very much so I am not sure if it helps or not.

DeltaBoy

Holidays were killer and I am back to about 240 pounds.

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

I can tell you one thing  Cutting out Cokes and Cookies doesn't work as well as it dead 10 years ago.

DeltaBoy

Will trying to get 5,000 steps in a day got me back to 242.

DeltaBoy

I was at 250 but the Dr said the BP and everything else was great so I am going to keep on Walking and see if the weigth will come on off. 
Breakfast  Bacon , Eggs or Cereal, Lunch about 275 calories and for supper I am drinking a Carnation Instant Breakfast shake with 1% milk for 250 calories . 
Big Breakfast light lunch and light dinner.  Also still drinking about a gallon of water each day.
I only drink soda about 2-4 a month since June. 

oldman1015

Quote from: DeltaBoy on August 26, 2015, 12:49:01 pm
I was at 250 but the Dr said the BP and everything else was great so I am going to keep on Walking and see if the weigth will come on off. 
Breakfast  Bacon , Eggs or Cereal, Lunch about 275 calories and for supper I am drinking a Carnation Instant Breakfast shake with 1% milk for 250 calories . 
Big Breakfast light lunch and light dinner.  Also still drinking about a gallon of water each day.
I only drink soda about 2-4 a month since June. 
what kind of soda?
Arkansas, the left lane state.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: oldman1015 on August 27, 2015, 01:42:58 pm
what kind of soda?

Only real cane sugar ones since HFCS has been shown to mess with your pancreas and your metabolic levels. 

DeltaBoy

Now at 238 and I walked 44 miles last month.

Silver Hog

have you tried swimming? that would be easier on your ankle! hard to find a decent pool though.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Silver Hog on September 13, 2015, 07:07:53 pm
have you tried swimming? that would be easier on your ankle! hard to find a decent pool though.

Pools cost to much and Walking is FREE! I got a kid heading off to college in less than a year.

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

Fell off the Wagon with the time Change and I was 244 at the Dr office yesterday.  Nov and Dec were too wet and cold to walk as much as I wanted and Tai Chi while good on my joints and flexibility not much for weight loss.

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

My weight is moving on my I at 240 but I am carrying more weight right around my belly button.

ShooShooBlue

I was wondering the same thing. I had to have my gallbladder removed last year and having a hard time losing any weight.
twatever!!!😂

DeltaBoy

Still at 240. Got back to walking.

DeltaBoy

Walked about 5-10 miles a week but did not see much weight loss but I am changing my diet back to less meat and 2,000 calories a day.

DeltaBoy

Me and Momma rejoined a gym and are getting back in the routine.  I creeped up to 265 this summer with her being sick and I back down to 252 since I went back to work.  WE both want to get back under 200 by May 2017.

DeltaBoy

Been going 3-4 times a week for 30 minutes

DeltaBoy

I creeped back up 260 over the break and I am back down to 250 . I sat around a bunch and visited and ate during the Christmas break.

DeltaBoy

Just joined our new Planet Fitness in town and it great.  Plenty of machines and very nice.

GolfNut57

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 30, 2017, 08:37:12 am
Just joined our new Planet Fitness in town and it great.  Plenty of machines and very nice.

Is there plenty of eye candy too?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

DeltaBoy