Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weight loss after Gall Bladder removal

Started by DeltaBoy, February 28, 2013, 03:15:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Any changes in being able to lose weight after having your gall bladder removed.

I am having a hard time since I have not returned to the gym.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Going to get back in the gym later this week aka Saturday.  I also was wondering about a supplement stack that would not adversely affect my Blood Pressure.

Right now I am taking triple strength Osto Bioflex for my joints, and Slo Mag as a cramp and sleep aid.  Plus a multi vitamin.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Dude, depending on how old you are, with hypertension and recently having your gallbladder removed, you may just want to stick with water and a protein shake.  Forget supplements until you're healthy enough to run two miles without stopping maintaining at least a 9.5 minute pace.  Until you can do that, you probably shouldn't burden your body with any supplement stacks.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on March 01, 2013, 03:40:29 am
Dude, depending on how old you are, with hypertension and recently having your gallbladder removed, you may just want to stick with water and a protein shake.  Forget supplements until you're healthy enough to run two miles without stopping maintaining at least a 9.5 minute pace.  Until you can do that, you probably shouldn't burden your body with any supplement stacks.

If you remember my old thread Running is out due to my 80% degerenerated right ankle.  I walk or ride a bike and lift.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 04, 2013, 11:24:35 am
If you remember my old thread Running is out due to my 80% degerenerated right ankle.  I walk or ride a bike and lift.

Ah, my bad.  Forgot about that.  However, I would lay off of the supplements until you're 100% recovered and cleared by a doc.  You have to be more careful than a healthy 20 year old.  Hypertension is nothing to play around with.

I wish I were more knowledgeable and qualified to help, but I am not.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

DeltaBoy

It all good Craig, I'm 47 and at 230 pounds and my goal is 200 or less.  Dr cleared me and I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and I am feeling it today.
Hypertension is a PIA I had to go on 50% caffine coffee and it helped a ton. Plus the Q has been cut back to once a month.
If I was not so old and cripped up I would get a Blackwater job and come sweat it off with you in the Sandbox.
Keep safe out there and send plenty of them to collect their 70 virgins.

DeltaBoy

Day 2 back in the Gym. 5 miles in 25 minutes on the bike.

bigstyx

Delta, My gallbladder ruptured two years ago, when I was a couple of years older than you. Worse thing I've ever been through and that includes cancer.

Everybody told me my diet would change dramatically, I wouldn't be able to handle spicy food, I would lose weight, etc etc.

I had no appetite for the first month or so and did lose weight. Unfortunately, as far as tolerance, I was able to eventually eat all the bad stuff I ever ate. Of, course the weight came back and it's a constant struggle. I hover between 175 and 200, but I'm 5' 8".

Working out would help, but I have a hard time sticking to a consistent program. I am religious, though, about my supplements and feel they help.

I take and Osteo-Biflex, a good multivitamin, Fish Oil, calcium, Vitamin D, and a Fat Burner (rotate between several).

DeltaBoy

Quote from: bigstyx on March 06, 2013, 07:09:02 am
Delta, My gallbladder ruptured two years ago, when I was a couple of years older than you. Worse thing I've ever been through and that includes cancer.

Everybody told me my diet would change dramatically, I wouldn't be able to handle spicy food, I would lose weight, etc etc.

I had no appetite for the first month or so and did lose weight. Unfortunately, as far as tolerance, I was able to eventually eat all the bad stuff I ever ate. Of, course the weight came back and it's a constant struggle. I hover between 175 and 200, but I'm 5' 8".

Working out would help, but I have a hard time sticking to a consistent program. I am religious, though, about my supplements and feel they help.

I take and Osteo-Biflex, a good multivitamin, Fish Oil, calcium, Vitamin D, and a Fat Burner (rotate between several).

I got an inch on you height wise and my Dr told me if I had put off the surgery much longer my would have busted and I really would have been in a world of hurt.
What brands of Fat Burner are you using.   My Heart is in great shape according to the Dr's and my resting pulse is only 62 beats per a minute.  I was just like you for the first 2 weeks but then Thanksgiving and Christmas hit and I ate like a half starved hog.

bigstyx

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 06, 2013, 10:40:54 am
I got an inch on you height wise and my Dr told me if I had put off the surgery much longer my would have busted and I really would have been in a world of hurt.
What brands of Fat Burner are you using.   My Heart is in great shape according to the Dr's and my resting pulse is only 62 beats per a minute.  I was just like you for the first 2 weeks but then Thanksgiving and Christmas hit and I ate like a half starved hog.
Usually Hydroxycut or Thermonex

DeltaBoy

Thanks I'll get some Hydroxyl cut at Wally world tomorrow.

DeltaBoy

Put in a 35 minute workout elliptical and tread mill.  Legs and hips are SORE today.  Tylenol is my buddy today.
Gym closes early on Friday so I will hit it Sat morning once again.

DeltaBoy

Knocking out 3-4 workouts a week going 30-45 minutes.

DeltaBoy

I love my new gym it is just the right size and they keep it extra clean and they got good equipment.

http://www.ci.cleburne.tx.us/amenities.aspx
Best of all it is just $10.00 a YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
Draw backs are they close at 3pm on Fridays and are closed Sundays.

DeltaBoy

30 minutes on the Read mill last night will watching Robert Morris beat up UK.

DeltaBoy

I have upped my work outs to 40 minutes. 3 times  a week minimum.  Once Summer gets here I will go to 5 days a week for the Summer Break.

DeltaBoy

Working hard and trying to eat even better.

ridgehog88

Delta,
How is the weight loss program working?

DeltaBoy

My body being stubborn and I have lost only 5  pounds but I got to cut out more soda pop! I have let it slid too much.

ridgehog88

I have similar issues. I am good one day and bad the nest two days.

DeltaBoy

I ate good this weekend but I nailed the NO soda. And I walked all love a city festival from 8 am too 8:30 pm. MY feet are so sore I can only wear house shoes today.

DeltaBoy

Still working out 3 times a week! Pants are fitting better and I am feeling better but my feet are still giving me some heck.  Dr says it just old age and too much running when I was younger.

DeltaBoy

Work and allergies are getting the best of me.

Pulled(PP)pork

to answer your question, no.  your gallbladder has nothing to do with you gaining or losing weight.  it's design is to break down fat with the acid it produces.  about the only thing you will benefit from is not ever having gallstones.

PP

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on April 25, 2013, 12:28:10 pm
to answer your question, no.  your gallbladder has nothing to do with you gaining or losing weight.  it's design is to break down fat with the acid it produces.  about the only thing you will benefit from is not ever having gallstones.

PP

It also gives me the runnies know that I don't have one. 

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 30, 2013, 10:07:09 am
It also gives me the runnies know that I don't have one.
yup, typical after affect

PP

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

Worked out on the Ball and using the bands at home this past week cause my back was acting up and I was extra busy, I am getting back to the Gym after work today and hope to make 3-4 workouts this week.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 06, 2013, 08:44:17 am
Worked out on the Ball and using the bands at home this past week cause my back was acting up and I was extra busy, I am getting back to the Gym after work today and hope to make 3-4 workouts this week.
you're a better man than I, I can't stay focused.  If I could hear, it might be easier due to being able to listen to music while working out.

PP

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on May 06, 2013, 11:22:59 am
you're a better man than I, I can't stay focused.  If I could hear, it might be easier due to being able to listen to music while working out.

PP

Many hours in the deer stand and duck blind plus squirrel hunting has taught me to stay focused for as long as I need to be if it is fun.   The college Coeds keep me focused at my new gym.

clutch

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 06, 2013, 02:38:41 pm
The college Coeds keep me focused at my new gym.

That's the exact opposite of staying focused.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: clutch on May 06, 2013, 06:46:12 pm
That's the exact opposite of staying focused.

Nope when the pain kicks in I just focus on one of those firm tight 6's and I forget about the pain in my feet and back.
Pushed my heart rate up to 140 beats a minutes for 10 minutes yesterday on the Treadmill.  Kept it at 115-125 throughout the 25 minute workout.

DeltaBoy

Scale shows some change but I can get into and wear all the clothes I wore before the Surgery .

clutch

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 14, 2013, 08:46:06 am
Scale shows some change but I can get into and wear all the clothes I wore before the Surgery .

One of the most overlooked, yet important things that people fail to see is that it isn't always about weight loss. It's about toning more or less. If you are fitting better in your clothes then you are doing the right things. It's especially hard to get women to understand this. I have a few girls that come to me for workout advise and they freak out when they get on the scale and have sometimes gained weight. Muscles just heavier than fat. Don't worry as much about the weight, but instead about the fat. Trim the fat, you will feel better, your clothes fit better and you look better.

DeltaBoy

Yep I know that for sure but I am still wanting to get down under 200 since I am 5.9 and I have a 38 inch waist to go with my 46 inch Chest. 

DeltaBoy

Missed last week  >:( too busy and we had a Tornado tear thorough our neighborhood.  Got in yesterday for 20 minutes on the treadmill till my ankle gave out.  It was in a bad mood yesterday.   Working toward Summer and getting back to a 5 day a week workout schedule.

DeltaBoy

Hit the gym today for 25 minutes on the Treadmill . I can't wait to summer.

DeltaBoy

Crazy pants are fitting better but I weighed and I am at 238.

DeltaBoy

Finally getting into a 4-6 day routine

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

Gained a little weight since school got out so I logged my diet and made some adjustments.

DeltaBoy

Pulled(PP)pork

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

Not a lot of scale change but I overall feel better.  :razorback:

Pulled(PP)pork

Ive dropped 12 in 7wks, but kept my gallbladder

PP

DeltaBoy

I been out of the gym since the 3 monday in Aug and I can tell it. I got to get back but my kids school schedule and the reduced fall gym hours is killing me.

DeltaBoy

Dang I lost 7 pounds since last report and no gym.  Just chasing my teenager from pillar to post.

DeltaBoy

Lost 2 more but we are out of the house 10-12 hours a day.