Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vanderbilt Loss

Started by Wooderson, March 05, 2017, 11:36:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wooderson

How is everyone claiming it's a bad loss. We split the season with them and they are playing great basketball now. Just curious.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Stewhog 11

Hindsight splitting with a projected tournament team that swept Florida does seem that bad, but most of the emotion behind it came from the fact that they were not a projected tourney team at the time, we had just lost at Mizzou, and the way they had their way with us. But you're right, looking back now it definitely wouldn't go in the "bad losses" column.

Dirty

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on March 05, 2017, 11:43:18 am
Hindsight splitting with a projected tournament team that swept Florida does seem that bad, but most of the emotion behind it came from the fact that they were not a projected tourney team at the time, we had just lost at Mizzou, and the way they had their way with us. But you're right, looking back now it definitely wouldn't go in the "bad losses" column.

Oh! Vanderbilt did lose to Missouri 😉

forrest city joe

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on March 05, 2017, 11:43:18 am
It was not a bad loss.Vandy is a good team.beat FL twice.and they beat a good Iowa State team.Ole Miss also a good team.Ole Miss beat Vandy at Vandy. and only lost by a few points to Baylor.and we beat Ole Miss 98 to 80. the Hogs are good.

Atlhogfan1

Bad was Mizzou. 

Losing to Vandy by 13 on our home court, falling behind the way we did, only scoring 59 pts at home when we were at the time a bubble team and are now an NCAAT team was not good.  Add in the home "atmosphere" that night and it was a bad situation. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 05, 2017, 11:50:32 am
Bad was Mizzou. 

Losing to Vandy by 13 on our home court, falling behind the way we did, only scoring 59 pts at home when we were at the time a bubble team and are now an NCAAT team was not good.  Add in the home "atmosphere" that night and it was a bad situation. 
Wrong again. it was a bad game.but not the end of Mike Anderson and Razorback basketball like some of you were making it out to be.Dusty was right in what he said after the game.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 05, 2017, 12:01:01 pm
Wrong again. it was a bad game.but not the end of Mike Anderson and Razorback basketball like some of you were making it out to be.Dusty was right in what he said after the game.

You contradicted yourself and agreed with me. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 05, 2017, 12:03:40 pm
You contradicted yourself and agreed with me. 
Nope.what i did was i told you the truth. Mike Anderson is going to be the coach here no matter if you or some others like it or not.you have to get use to that fact.all your whining and crying won.t change this fact.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Wooderson on March 05, 2017, 11:36:05 am
How is everyone claiming it's a bad loss. We split the season with them and they are playing great basketball now. Just curious.

I would say it was still a bad loss because they were without their leading scorer (at least at the time) and they bear us by 20 points (!) at home. That's bad and inexcusable. Mostly, I'd say it was the margin of defeat and effort that were what made it such a bad loss. Have to remember that it was after giving Missouri their first SEC win also, and two games removed from getting flat embarrassed by OSU.

But it's not an RPI bad loss at all. It was just very poor timing.

ShadowHawg

I am curious about why people thought Vanderbilt was a pushover. They had me worried for the simple fact that they were ahead by 15 when we made our comeback.

Against us, Fisher-Davis not being there made them an even tougher matchup because they were able to put one more shooter on the court.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Wooderson on March 05, 2017, 11:36:05 am
It was just the way we loss that game at Bud Walton that was troubling. The team we got beat by didn't make it a bad loss it was the way that they beat us that made it a bad loss. The only real bad loss team wise was Missouri.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Letsroll1200

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 05, 2017, 05:57:07 pm
Exactly.  The Mississippi State loss wasn't nearly as bad as the Missouri loss RPI wise. What is going to pull Arkansas down is an absence of wins versus the Top 25 (0-4) and and only a 3-2 record versus the Top 50.  Vanderbilt holding on in the Top 50 helps though. 

Arkansas has the kind of resume that will not stack up well against teams near it in the RPI when compared head to head.

Witchita State has 1 top 50 win

hogsanity

So ATl said it was a bad game, then you said e was wrong, then went on to say it was a bad game. Of course you said we should lock up Pelphrey long term too. Which has no more to do with the OP than the tripe you brought into it.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

onebadrubi

Here is proof you are just a troll.  You contradicted yourself.

Vandy was a bad loss, we got curved stomped at home by a team missing their best player.  Is it a bad loss in the committees eyes?  Probably not, but still was a bad loss simply because we were run out of our own gym. If you can't admit that was an ugly bad loss than you are being naive or just agenda driven

HF#1

Anytime you get blown out at home by what most consider a lesser team, it's a bad loss.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin