Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Ham

Quote from: hogfanintx on October 16, 2011, 06:03:25 pm
Okay  bears -3 dime play.  There you go.  10 units.

About to lose my Pats and New Orleans picks, so I'm going to hop on this game too. I got Bears -3 and Over 41.5.

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: hogfanintx on October 16, 2011, 03:39:52 pm
Do we have documentation on that 25-9. If there is I might look.  Does me no good if I can't look at those plays before the games.  I mean that's garbage.  If you are that solid why not share with others?  That's really pretty typical.

Best thing I can tell you is reread the thread. I usually put the lines that made my "final cut" here and I make those plays unless I say Im leaving it alone. I'll be the first to admit I am very conservative and disciplined in the plays I make because my goal is a 75% success rate each year. I also give myself an investment return dollar target each season. Once I hit that target, I'm done for the year.  Most folks don't like my style because its meticulous and I hold myself to a target. For me, and this week was a good example, getting agressive tends to yield more margin of error and less return. I just try to hit my target, even if it does mean controlling my return a bit.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Jon Ham

6-4 on the weekend:

Pats -7 Cowboys L
Saints -6 Bucs L
Bears -3 Vikings W
Bears-Vikings over 41.5 W

Utah St-Fresno St under 63 W
OU-Kansas under 71 W
AU +2 UF W
LSU -17 Tenn W
Hawaii-San Jose St over 58 L
Hawaii -6.5 San Jose St L

weatherhawg

3-2 this weekend.  9-3 overall...

Really grateful (sarcasm) to S Carolina for taking that safety at the end of the game.  Helped me turn a push into a loss (Had SC covering -4)

S Carolina -4 Miss. State L
Auburn +2 over Florida W
SMU -3 over UCF W

Parlay:
Alabama -25.5 over Mississippi
Arizona State +15 over Oregon W

Parlay:
Purdue +12 over Penn State
Toledo -7.5 over Bowling Green
OU/KU over (73.5)
WMU/NIU over (69.5) L

I bet Arkansas (-16.5) but depending on line movement may try to middle...esp if the line moves to -20 or -21...

Also looking at Northwestern +4 over Penn State, Mizzou ML/SU over Oklahoma State, Michigan State ML over Wisconsin, Michigan State (+7) over Wisconsin, and Alabama (-28) over Tennessee

Could be some upsets this weekend...

jkstock04

Conservative but decent weekend for me....I took A&M and Chicago Bears to cover...only 1 unit a piece though.  Bears probably should have bet it all that was a lock, but I only like to make bets like that when it's gonna be a tight game....makes it more interesting.  Why would you wanna bet a lot of money on the locks?  That would make it too easy. 

If everybody was smart we would just bet about 25 units every week on Bama ATS...and screw betting anything else.  But doing something like that....I just don't know you would make too much money, and it would be too easy....takes the fun out of it. 

May be a trap bet but I'm putting 1 unit on Jets tonight -7.  I hate the Jets but figure they cover here...at home on Monday night, and Henne is out for year.  Dolphins are awful. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

McKdaddy

Blutoblutarsky

agr347

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on October 18, 2011, 03:08:50 pm
I might take the Red Wolves thurs night.  -3

They play tonight.   You may have meant that, I just didn't want you to miss it.  I like the Wolves at home myself.
"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

swinemaster

Quote from: swinemaster on October 14, 2011, 07:41:24 pm
I'm going with home underdogs this week.  I know the favorites are rolling this year, and I will probably take a bath, but that's what makes playing fun.

Home DOG weekend:

Michigan State +3   Win
Wazzou +21           Loss
Aubbie +2              Win

Parlay these three with:

Kansas +36            Win
Mississippi +28        Loss
Utah St. -3            Loss

Something's gotta change.  IT's been a rough year so far.

P.S. I'm going to bet whatever hogfanintx does next week if this doesn't work. ;)

I still suck. 

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Can't believe I am saying it, but played arky st -3 and over 52 tonight
Let's make some waves.

Swinemaster thanks but check my last weekend.  Almost a even split, but I did hit the big dime play on the bears sun night.
Let's make some waves.

McKdaddy

I'm late, but I've got ASU on the ML.

Sorry for late post

Let's make some waves.

Let's make some waves.

scottagee

How many points is Ole Miss going to score? We get a minimum of 38. 42-49 is very possible and 50+ is not out of the question. I had made a choice on this game last week. When I saw it open at 14.5 I bought the hook and loaded up.

So, how many? The answer, no more than 21.

swinemaster

Quote from: hogfanintx on October 18, 2011, 07:08:03 pm
Swinemaster thanks but check my last weekend.  Almost a even split, but I did hit the big dime play on the bears sun night.

Yeah, I probably jinxed you.  I am "Schleprock".

Well that horrible first half last night knocked me off the over.
Let's make some waves.

DadVader1

Quote from: hogfanintx on October 13, 2011, 08:09:13 am
With LSU involved I am always scared they will end up with 15 starters suspended for doing something stupid the night before.

Your crystal ball was working well.  Good Call!

McKdaddy

Rangers -155 for the Series . . . money I hope to lose.

WILL CLINTON

So far this week Im looking at

Penn St -4 @ NW -4
Southern Cal +8.5 @ Notre Dame -8.5
Kansas St -11 @ Kansas +11
Ok St -6.5 @ Mizzou +6.5...I'm gonna lock this one in for 2* on Ok St.
Army +10.5 @ Vandy -10.5 (buy the hook to -10)
New Mexico +41 @ TCU -41....I'm gonna lock this one in for 1* New Mexico
Ga Tech +2.5 @ Miami (buy the hook up to 3)
Illinois -4 @ Purdue

Looks like I love the visitors this week.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

agr347

I like:

Illinois -4
Mich St. +9.5

Not seeing a lot of others I like.
"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

Well for what it's worth I played ucla +4 for 1 unit.

Leaning toward central Florida tonight but waiting to see if line drops a bit more.
Let's make some waves.

Alright.  Not advising others to do it, but I played central Florida -15.5 fir 1 unit and played over 45.5 in the same game for 1 unit.
Let's make some waves.

yraciv

Bruins playing some of the worst defense I have ever seen.  Making zona look like the Patriots!
Let's make some waves.

Well looks like a loss on central Florida and a win on the over for a split.

Unfortunately ucla should just not come out of the locker room for the second half.  Pitiful

Saturday couldn't get here soon enough.
Let's make some waves.

scottagee

Some serious cases of no respect for once powerful teams. On the money line, Auburn +1050, Tennessee +3375. The flip side of the Tennessee game is worse. Bama -8000.

The two biggest money line favorites this week? Off the board at most places but still on enough to show up in the Vegas Insider consensus lines. TCU -94,500 and BYU -50,000.

Jon Ham

I can't find one college football pick for this weekend that I feel comfortable with... Guess I'll be sitting it out this weekend. Good luck to the rest of you.

October 21, 2011, 01:15:34 pm #429 Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 01:17:36 pm by hogfanintx
Tonight I played
Rutgers +1.5 for 1 unit.
W VA -14 for 1 unit

I must be crazy but played over 41 on Rutgers and Louisville for 2 units.
Let's make some waves.

Quote from: Jon Ham on October 21, 2011, 01:14:32 pm
I can't find one college football pick for this weekend that I feel comfortable with... Guess I'll be sitting it out this weekend. Good luck to the rest of you.

Might wanna consider okie st - the points.
Let's make some waves.

Jon Ham

Quote from: hogfanintx on October 21, 2011, 01:18:42 pm
Might wanna consider okie st - the points.

Are you saying I should bet the spread or the money line? I like OSU, but they're on the road against a decent Missouri team and have to win by more than a TD. If I had to bet it, I would definitely take OSU, but my gut is telling me to be conservative and just sit it out. Do you think OSU will roll?

hawgwild child

i took wvu to cover and Louisville -1.5 both for 1 unit

Let's make some waves.

yraciv

hawgwild child

west virginia has no defense...they wont cover that spread if syracuse keeps chewing that clock with those long drive

justmakeit2thebcs

WF -3 over Duke
Ark -15 over Ole Piss
Wash +20.5 vs. Stanford
Aub +21 vs LSU
Neb -24.5 over Minn
AF +29.5 vs Boise St
Wash St -3 over Ore St
USC +8.5 vs ND
KSU -10.5 vs Kansas
OSU/Mizz over 69.5

What an ugly night last night.  Just terrible by me.
Let's make some waves.

Time to forget last night. Never happened and on to today.

1 unit Plays

Hogs -16
Illinois -3
Maryland +18
Oregon -31
Auburn +21

2 unit plays
Wake Forrest -3
K ST -10
Okie ST -7

Good luck everyone.
Let's make some waves.

weatherhawg

October 22, 2011, 08:11:12 am #439 Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 08:48:19 am by weatherhawg
My (novice) plays....

Arkansas (-17) over Ole Miss (Got the line at a bad time....lesson learned...hope this doesn't come back to bite me...)
Missouri +7 over Oklahoma State
Missouri ML over Oklahoma State
Kansas +10.5 over Kansas State
Kansas ML over Kansas State
Michigan State +7 over Wisconsin
Navy -12 over East Carolina (another line I got bad....missed -8.5 earlier in the week....)

Parlay:
Notre Dame -10, Alabama ML, LSU ML, Oklahoma ML

scottagee

What does a money line parlay like that return? 3 of those teams are just huge favorites on a money line.

Quote from: weatherhawg on October 22, 2011, 08:11:12 am
My (novice) plays....

Arkansas (-17) over Ole Miss (Got the line at a bad time....lesson learned...hope this doesn't come back to bite me...)
Missouri +7 over Oklahoma State
Missouri ML over Oklahoma State
Kansas +10.5 over Kansas State
Kansas ML over Kansas State
Michigan State +7 over Wisconsin

Notre Dame -10 over USC
Parlay:
Notre Dame ML, Alabama ML, LSU ML, Oklahoma ML
Navy -12 over East Carolina (another line I got bad....missed -8.5 earlier in the week....)

IBGPN

early games... 6 point teaser... Arkansas -10 and OK State -1. later games GA Tech +2.5, Stanford -20, Wiscy -7 and Penn St. -4

weatherhawg

My mistake....

Notre Dame ML should be Notre Dame (-10)...

Parlay:
Notre Dame -10, Alabama ML, LSU ML, Oklahoma ML

Pays ~1.2/1

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Heard our line dropped from -16 to -10 overnight?  What happened??  Somebody hurt or suspended?

WILL CLINTON

Penn St -3.5....1* (bought down to -3)
Buy the hook though, always buy the hook.  Not too much went into this one, I just think that Penn St is 3 points better than NW.
Southern Cal +9.5....1* (buy that hook, you don't want to be on USC 21 ND 31)
I'm not too sure on this one, but I am still not sold on ND. Even though the trojans played ugly last week, this is one of their rivalry games and they always bring it.
Kansas St -10.5....2* (always buy the hook)
I just don't see KU having the firepower to stop this team. KSU has been playing good ball and Turner Gill's club isn't. I know its a huge rivalry, but the Wildcats take it home today, and it may get way uglier than the spread suggests.
Ok St -6.5....3*
I locked this in at 6.5 earlier in the week and I'm glad I did because it is up to 7 now and I would've had to buy the hook. Saved myself some money. I'm also upping it from 2* to 3*. I just don't think Mizzou can pull off the upset here.
Vandy -10.5....1* (buy the hook to -10)
I missed this line somewhere because it opened up at 8.5, but no big deal for Vandy, because I see this as another Ole Miss beatdown, and they are at home to boot. I may bump this up to a 2* later on today
New Mexico +41....1*
Normally I wouldn't touch New Mexico with a ten foot pole. but with playing a down TCU team, its gonna be hard to win by 41. This is one of those bets where I'm almost exclusively betting on pride. Not mine of course, but the team who is a 40+ point underdog.
Ga Tech +3....1*
I haven't had much luck betting against Miami this year, but I'm hoping this week, Ga Tech turns that around for me. I think they can handle the canes.
Illinois -3.5....3* (always buy the hook)
Last week, Ohio ST had just enough studs on defense to hold the Zookers down. Not this week, Purdue isn't a good football team and the Fightin Illini should take care of this game pretty easy, and the public is going against me which makes me even more happy with my pick here. Somehow, people have been dropping loads on Purdue, this line has moved from 6 all the way down to 3.5, and I love it.
[/i]

75% of my roll out there this week. I'm either gonna be really happy tonight, or really sad.

2010-2011 record

21-13-0 (62%)   Profit: $919  Bankroll: $1919

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on October 22, 2011, 09:42:14 am
Heard our line dropped from -16 to -10 overnight?  What happened??  Somebody hurt or suspended?

I just checked my sites, and its up to 16.5 for me. If you can find out where that line is, please post it on here or PM me. I will sell everything I own to get on that line.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on October 22, 2011, 10:10:07 am
I just checked my sites, and its up to 16.5 for me. If you can find out where that line is, please post it on here or PM me. I will sell everything I own to get on that line.

Sorry I was wrong. -10 is the first half line.

yraciv

October 22, 2011, 10:37:32 am #447 Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 12:26:15 am by yraciv
Haven't played the Hogs straight since New Mexico. Not worried this week. Yikes, good thing I upped my Tech bet.

3 Unit Plays
Hogs -16 L
Texas Tech +30 W

2 Unit Plays
Akron +14.5   L
Ok State -6.5 W
Wake Forest -3 L

1 unit plays
Auburn +21  L
SMU +3 L

McKdaddy

3 team tease (I know, I know, forgive me hogfanintx) . . .

-1 okie lite
-10 UA
+28.5 Auburn

Quote from: McKdaddy on October 22, 2011, 10:50:18 am
3 team tease (I know, I know, forgive me hogfanintx) . . .

-1 okie lite
-10 UA
+28.5 Auburn

Let's make some waves.