Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

a loss like this...

Started by michaels, November 21, 2015, 10:06:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

michaels

Heartbreaking.... but really brings the idiots out on here.
Yeah, dak was damn near unstoppable, but that blocked fg was the game. Thats it. Not playcalling.
Better press coverage & tackling, but whats new?

Wps. Finish with 8 wins. Build on it for next year.
Keep building

hoghevn

Quote from: michaels on November 21, 2015, 10:06:12 pm
Yeah, dak was damn near unstoppable, but that blocked fg was the game. Thats it. Not playcalling.

Keep building

Thank you.  Well said.
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

Bacon_Bitz

oldbear

Ditto. +1 and then some if I cold.

ShadowTheHedgehog

AND, football is a team sport. Yeah the first reaction is to blame it on the kicker, but really we cannot allow that kid of penetration in a FG. Bad execution on that play cost us the game. The D is still struggling more than I thought they would (in particular against Spread teams with mobile QBs).

Unfortunately I was not able to go to the game. Family thing (Yes I gave away the tickets). Looks like ppl were in t til the end. Kudos in this weather. On to Mizzou WPS!

michaels

I wouldve rather seen a high % play on 4th and 1
But i understand going for the dagger with that kind of monentum. Pass defense and fg blocking lost this 1

Tough tough loss. But we will rebound. Ms st is tough with prescott.
Lots to build on here. We will be okay. Keep the momentum.
Get better for next year. Gotta get better on defense

orvillesghost

moving in the right direction and we have the right coach..period...

Brewhahog

Complete disagreement, should have lost to ole miss.

Tonight was the ipitomoe of taking your foot off the petal to watch your terrible specials teams lose a game.

Hunter Henry was unstoppable tonight and when the game was in hand we let a kicker take the fall. 

Justagp

+ 1  You expressed my feelings as well - and it was downright heartbreaking

Hoggish1

Quote from: michaels on November 21, 2015, 10:06:12 pm

Keep building

^ good critical thinking! +1

Breems

Hate the last call, but it was fun to watch the SEC's 2 best QBs go at it. Dak is incredible. We were in there till the end. We didn't have too much riding on this game.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

WorfHog

Brings back everything we've been saying all season.  Our defense took the week off and our coaches took the ball away from our biggest playmaker when it mattered most.  Cole Hedlund needs to transfer, we could have a walkon and give his scholarship to someone that would win us a game.

Bubba's Bruisers

Wee gonna be fine.  Heartbreaking lose, but if we're honest, we shouldn't have beaten OM, so it feels like a wash.  All the injuries killed us early.  8-5 would be a solid finish given the circumstances.  A month ago, we would have laughed at the idea of 8-5.

Just be prepared for next year to be a real struggle for a bowl game.  Losing BA alone will set us back measurably for a season.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

michaels

Quote from: Brewhahog on November 21, 2015, 10:25:34 pm
Complete disagreement, should have lost to ole miss.

Tonight was the ipitomoe of taking your foot off the petal to watch your terrible specials teams lose a game.

Hunter Henry was unstoppable tonight and when the game was in hand we let a kicker take the fall.

Sick of saying this...... but we are a handful of plays from being at 9 wins right now. Maybe things fall differently with playing tech with playing confident and we're at 10 looking at 11.
Regardless. Gotta get better pass rush and play better in coverage, but our offense is legit.
We will be okay. We will restock at rb and we have great wr and te depth. Gotta improve on D.
We will get there. Gotta actually take steps in the start of next season, but we will end this season on a high note

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 21, 2015, 10:35:02 pm
Just be prepared for next year to be a real struggle for a bowl game.  Losing BA alone will set us back measurably for a season.

Thanks Bubba. Remind me never to call you to help a suicide jumper off the ledge LOL

Wmhog

Finally, A thread that makes sense.  Yes it was a difficult loss but it was a team loss with the exception of the offense which did not deserve to loose.  We will continue to improve.

gopigs

Going to Dickson street to forget about this loss.

Mods, leave this tread for the public to debate about Hocker while I'm gone.

Hog fans, don't let this one get you down. We're still bowl bound.

OTR, I'll be home around 2.

michaels

Quote from: gopigs on November 21, 2015, 10:41:35 pm
Going to Dickson street to forget about this loss.

Mods, leave this tread for the public to debate about Hocker while I'm gone.

Hog fans, don't let this one get you down. We're still bowl bound.

OTR, I'll be home around 2.

Go to maxine's and warm up with a Spanish coffee
Best advice I've ever given