Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wait til next year

Started by Karma, March 05, 2016, 06:25:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

If we are not in the tournament after next year, I hope we are beginning a coaching search.

Boardon Hamsay

Meh, what's a few more years. Maybe 10-12 more even. ;D
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

rickfahr

i hope jeff long has been searching for at least a year now

Supermark101

Quote from: Karma on March 05, 2016, 06:25:16 pm
If we are not in the tournament after next year, I hope we are beginning a coaching search.

On one else can possibly return us to greatness, so why bother changing.

But seriously we don't make a change until Greg Marshall is ready to come in.

Mr. Porkleone

Always next year thread. Who cares. BB is dead

ICEman

I was at the game. The team definitely adopted the demeanor of its coach. As a politician out on the campaign trail is oft to say, CMA is definitely low energy.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Danny J

No doubt...I am not talking about just missing the dance by a hair but in the dance....period.

rude1

I am with this, unfortunately that doesn't sound like it's the case. Just can imagine any P5 coach keeping his job by managing 1 NCAA Visit in 6 years. Don't know how any AD looks at that and likes the direction of the program.

3kgthog

Quote from: rickfahr on March 05, 2016, 06:33:41 pm
i hope jeff long has been searching for at least a year now

I think you know deep down inside that he hasn't been.

pigture perfect

We have 1 more game to play.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: ICEman on March 05, 2016, 06:49:10 pm
I was at the game. The team definitely adopted the demeanor of its coach. As a politician out on the campaign trail is oft to say, CMA is definitely low energy.

I don't think they were all playing with low energy.  I don't think Mike is a low energy guy, I don't think he's as laid back as he seems.  Just a thing past week about him getting all over Moses in a very public way right before half time.

By the way, did you see Macon on the jumbotron?

wheelspigharvey

We been talking about this next season since this last off season.  Why do people need to stop now?  It will be better and there are new things to get excited about. 

uncle bubs

Everybody knew this season would be rough, why are people acting so surprised? Rough off-seasons usually mean rough seasons. It is what it is. We've got good recruits coming in next year, I think it'll be fun.
God bless the Boston Mountains.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: uncle bubs on March 05, 2016, 09:02:55 pm
Everybody knew this season would be rough, why are people acting so surprised?

Who is surprised?
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

uncle bubs

HogBreath

Quote from: uncle bubs on March 05, 2016, 09:31:08 pm
Seemingly most of the people on this forum.
Looks like most would know about the roller coaster ride by now.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Deep Shoat

Meh, I'll give him until he has all his players in here...

What?
All Gas, No Brakes!

uncle bubs

Quote from: HogBreath on March 05, 2016, 09:38:38 pm
Looks like most would know about the roller coaster ride by now.
Yep. Ain't nothing we can do about it. Adults shouldn't take it personal when a 20 year old kid doesn't score as many points as the other 20 year old kid. Cheer for them and enjoy the enjoyable parts. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. If basketball causes someone to act like an incompetent, unreasonable lunatic, it might be time for said person to change the channel and stay off the internet.

Slater

I want to win, not all this hating on the coach, not sure it does a bit of good
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

WilsonHog

Quote from: uncle bubs on March 05, 2016, 10:14:51 pm
Yep. Ain't nothing we can do about it. Adults shouldn't take it personal when a 20 year old kid doesn't score as many points as the other 20 year old kid. Cheer for them and enjoy the enjoyable parts. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. If basketball causes someone to act like an incompetent, unreasonable lunatic, it might be time for said person to change the channel and stay off the internet.

I think part of it is a function of the last couple of weeks, which was really the high point of the season. I went from believing that we would have a losing season to thinking that we were set up to get a NIT bid. Winners of four in a row, playing Carolina at home, on Senior Day, with Carrera out...and we got trashed. I'm not upset or mad about it, because our program really doesn't inspire that kind of emotional investment anymore. More like, "Oh, well."

Scott7703

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 05, 2016, 09:17:55 pm
Who is surprised?

It's not really about being surprised. What I can't figure out is why some choose to make excuses and can't identify where the problem is. Sure most knew once Portis and qualls left and the coaching staff wasn't prepared for that we would struggle but whose fault is that?

WilsonHog

I would be excited to hear that we were about to have a coaching search, but that isn't even remotely possible.

So, I'll interest myself by printing off all of the conference tournament brackets and following those. I'll do the same with the NCAA Tournament, and I'll pull for Notre Dame. Baseball is here, and spring football will start in a couple of weeks. I'll do my best to forget until next November that we even have a basketball program.

hogsanity

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 05, 2016, 11:37:23 pm
I would be excited to hear that we were about to have a coaching search, but that isn't even remotely possible.

So, I'll interest myself by printing off all of the conference tournament brackets and following those. I'll do the same with the NCAA Tournament, and I'll pull for Notre Dame. Baseball is here, and spring football will start in a couple of weeks. I'll do my best to forget until next November that we even have a basketball program.

We got EXACTLY what a few said we were getting when we reached in the nostalgia bag and hired Mike. Next year Mike might pull out a ncaat season but it will be his one out of three or four he is destined to have here. In a sec that was won by TEXAS A&M let that sink in, Mike put together a team in his 5th season that got the 10 seed out of 14 teams.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

WilsonHog

Quote from: hogsanity on March 05, 2016, 11:45:02 pm
We got EXACTLY what a few said we were getting when we reached in the nostalgia bag and hired Mike. Next year Mike might pull out a ncaat season but it will be his one out of three or four he is destined to have here. In a sec that was won by TEXAS A&M let that sink in, Mike put together a team in his 5th season that got the 10 seed out of 14 teams.

Yes, I know. I knew what you were going to say before I even read your take.

hogwood

Quote from: ICEman on March 05, 2016, 06:49:10 pm

You don't know him or our team then. He's intense, and so is our team. You're just a hater in the crowd.

ICEman

Quote from: hogwood on March 06, 2016, 01:57:36 am
You don't know him or our team then. He's intense, and so is our team. You're just a hater in the crowd.
Intensity would manifest itself best on the offensive rebounding stat line.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

TNhawgfan

Next year should be better. Building a basketball program takes eight years, and we're right on schedule for a sweet sixteen in year eight. Go MA, I support you blindly
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 06, 2016, 07:22:39 am
Next year should be better. Building a basketball program takes eight years, and we're right on schedule for a sweet sixteen in year eight. Go MA, I support you blindly

Well, his only elite 8 came after a 16-16 season. Hopefully, history repeats itself.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: hogwood on March 06, 2016, 01:57:36 am
You're just a hater in the crowd.
He's not alone then. Seemed to be plenty of "haters in the crowd" judging by the parade of boos coming down in the bud yesterday
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

uncle bubs

I'm still a big MA fan, partially because I just want to be. We improved in every one of his seasons, other than this one, and last year we were really good. I'm holding out hope that next years class turns out to be really good. If it doesn't, oh well, I'm not gonna take it personal. But I pull for the guy, and hope he turns this ship around and puts fans back in the seats. College basketball is better when the Razorbacks are good.

hogwood

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 06, 2016, 08:12:47 am
He's not alone then. Seemed to be plenty of "haters in the crowd" judging by the parade of boos coming down in the bud yesterday

Exactly. They're just in the crowd, making judgements from a distance. A lot of them probably don't even know some of the player's names, much less the identity this team has or the personality of CMA.

hogwood

Quote from: TNhawgfan on March 06, 2016, 07:22:39 am

It does take 6-8 years in the one and done era. Look at all the other non blue blood programs that have had several new coaches in the last 10 years. Almost none of them are having an easy time building in less than 5 years.

TomBigBeeHog

Next year indeed. We should be pretty good. Looking forward to it.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

HogBreath

Youse guys just need to slow down with all this next year talk.  It takes jucos a year to adjust.

Now year after next..everyone better look out for CMA and his fast 40!
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

HOGINTENNESSEE

March 07, 2016, 06:33:13 am #34 Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 06:46:09 am by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: HogBreath on March 07, 2016, 06:21:25 am
Youse guys just need to slow down with all this next year talk.  It takes jucos a year to adjust.

Now year after next..everyone better look out for CMA and his fast 40!

I expect Macon and Cook to need a year to adjust. I would be shocked if Barford isn't an impact player next year. And MA's seat will be a lot warmer if Barford isn't ready next year.

Barford brings the ability to get to the basket that we haven't had since BJ left.

lefty08

What else do we have to do but wait? Not a single one of us will be lacing them up anytime soon. Good teams or bad we will all wait
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged