Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC Tournament Opener: Looks like Ark vs Florida

Started by Porked Tongue, March 05, 2016, 05:23:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Mr. Porkleone

Danny J

Would rather play them than Bama or the like.....

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

colavito

Yep.  Look for a Florida beat down of possibly Biblical proportions.

hogwood

Will be really hard for this team to get it going again after getting this beatdown on senior night/last game. Lost all momentum tonight. Will be amazing if they can make a run now. Not impossible, but will take a lot of fight. FLA is more beatable than in the past IMO.

Oliver

Quote from: Porked Tongue on March 05, 2016, 05:23:20 pm
discuss

Pelphrey needs to cover the game.

Oh and mercifully it'll be our last game this season.

Mr. Porkleone

ICEman

If they come out with the energy equivalency of the USCe game, we will be an easy out for the Gators.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

rude1

This team isn't playing for anything and don't have a snowballs chance of winning this tournament, our pattern all year has been to win then lose a few, already lost the first one, probably time to end the season on a two game losing streak. But oh well  CMA salvaged that all important "never had a losing record" FWIW.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: rude1 on March 05, 2016, 07:06:54 pm
This team isn't playing for anything and don't have a snowballs chance of winning this tournament, our pattern all year has been to win then lose a few, already lost the first one, probably time to end the season on a two game losing streak. But oh well  CMA salvaged that all important "never had a losing record" FWIW.
spot on...prepare for the barrage of "we won 27 games last year"
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Redbug

Hell we could just as easy sneak out a win on a neutral court against the gators and then kick a&m's arse again  as to not show up and get blown out by double digits in the opener and call it a wrap..

Watching this team play...and hearing the Ohio Players in the background....Rollercoaster of Love...SAY WHAT...ROLLERCOASTER...WAHOO HOOO HOOOOOO

mckinneyhog5

Of course we're gonna lose..we just lost to SC. We lost to them @Florida by 4, now we gonna get blown out.  Hogville is bi-polar.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

hawginbigd1

Be just freakin awesome seeing Kevaughan Allen sending us home! But we got Whitt, we are #winning!

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on March 05, 2016, 07:30:46 pm
Of course we're gonna lose..we just lost to SC. We lost to them @Florida by 4, now we gonna get blown out.  Hogville is bi-polar.
We hit some garbage 3's at end to make it closer then it was..

Uberanubis

well it wasn't a great year but with everything that went on in the offseason it wasn't a bad one either. CMA needs to get off his rump and really start recruiting. this maybe Arkansas, but its not the same Arkansas that can easily grab 4-5start talent and compete year in year out. he needs to work just a bit harder.
Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Nipsey Mussle

JB has been more active after this loss than the last four wins combined.

We could easily beat UF and then go on to beat aTm....easily.  Or we could easily lose to UF by 30...easily.

Our negative fans know for sure we will lose, yet admit at the same time they can't predict what this team will do.

Jonteviosk

Quote from: rude1 on March 05, 2016, 07:06:54 pm

This is exactly what I mean by fair weather fans....Doesn't know a thing about Basketball.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

hawgfan4life

If we shoot well and play with determination, we can play with anybody and beat most, if we don't shoot well and play uninspired, we can be beaten by most and embarrassed by average or better teams.

ROASHE

Florida is a bad matchup for Arkansas because Florida defends the perimeter about a well as anyone in the SEC. Also, Florida's guards are difficult to press because they don't turn the ball over and find the open man fairly well. Now, Florida can't shoot at all and that could be the Hogs saving grace....

3kgthog

Quote from: Jonteviosk on March 05, 2016, 10:35:02 pm
This is exactly what I mean by fair weather fans....Doesn't know a thing about Basketball.

Nice to meet you, James Naismith.

Please. You don't know it all, either.

Razorpigg

rude1

Quote from: Jonteviosk on March 05, 2016, 10:35:02 pm
Interesting that your post was just littered with information on the subject of basketball. I laid out the facts of the season, you offered nothing but complaining that I did so.

Jonteviosk

Quote from: rude1 on March 06, 2016, 11:41:03 am
Interesting that your post was just littered with information on the subject of basketball. I laid out the facts of the season, you offered nothing but complaining that I did so.

You didn't point out anything informative about the season all you did was gripe about the kids who played their hearts out and were inconsistent when we all knew they would be and took another shot at CMA. Nothing you said was basketball informative in the least all I did was call you on your BS and expose you for the fair weather fan that you are.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Jonteviosk

As for the matchup Im looking forward to Moses Kingsley against Jon Egbunu.

SuperSid4Ever

Some of you people are going to be beside yourselves if/when UA beats UF in the conference tourney.  The silence you'll create will be deafening in proportion to that which was created after we beat TN and AL on the road, and after some of you were predicting we would lose both of them.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: SuperSid4Ever on March 07, 2016, 07:21:56 am
Some of you people are going to be beside yourselves if/when UA beats UF in the conference tourney.  The silence you'll create will be deafening in proportion to that which was created after we beat TN and AL on the road, and after some of you were predicting we would lose both of them.

They'll find something to talk about, especially if we were to lose the following game.

HawgTrough

Odds to Win SEC Tournament
Team   Odds
Kentucky   +130
Vanderbilt   +300
Texas A&M   +450
South Carolina   +800
Florida   +900
LSU   +1200
Arkansas   +2500
Mississippi   +3300
Field   +2500
WPS

Letsroll1200

Quote from: ROASHE on March 06, 2016, 08:51:31 am
Florida is a bad matchup for Arkansas because Florida defends the perimeter about a well as anyone in the SEC. Also, Florida's guards are difficult to press because they don't turn the ball over and find the open man fairly well. Now, Florida can't shoot at all and that could be the Hogs saving grace....

I think that gives Arkansas a big chance against Florida. They are almost last in 3pt percentage and free throw percentage. I think we back up and play zone against Florida. Force them to beat you from the 3 point line.

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HotlantaHog

I am not optimistic as the Hogs have tended to win SEC Tourney games only during years in which the team is really, really good -- though it should be said, this Florida team is nothing special either.

lefty08

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 07, 2016, 10:28:44 am
I think that gives Arkansas a big chance against Florida. They are almost last in 3pt percentage and free throw percentage. I think we back up and play zone against Florida. Force them to beat you from the 3 point line.

Florida was something like 30-36 at the line in our first matchup. They won't match that again, although the 36 fts could happen again
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

SuperSid4Ever

Quote from: wheelspigharvey on March 07, 2016, 07:26:21 am
They'll find something to talk about, especially if we were to lose the following game.

Sadly, yes.

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: SuperSid4Ever on March 08, 2016, 07:34:50 am
Sadly, yes.

Ha ha, thanks.  That said, I wouldn't be surprised at the outcome, win or lose.  That SC game was hard to handle.

bphi11ips

Cool.  Can't wait to go to the game.  This has been one of my favorite teams.  Streaky three point teams sometimes do well in tournaments.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

bphi11ips

P.S. - Not sure the brackets could have worked out better from a matchup perspective for Arkansas to get to finals. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Redbug

Quote from: bphi11ips on March 08, 2016, 11:26:07 am
P.S. - Not sure the brackets could have worked out better from a matchup perspective for Arkansas to get to finals. 
THIS^^^^^

The Hogfather

Kevaughn Allen's last 5 games:  13-49 (26.5%) and 3-22 (13.6%) from 3

If he shoots like he has been, shoots as much as he normally does, and we don't shoot like we did in the 1st half of that deplorable USCe game, we'll have a great shot at beating the Gators.  However, in typical Hog fashion, Allen will shoot 90% (the rest of the team will shoot 75%) and score 59 points, and Florida will win by 42.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 08, 2016, 02:42:21 pm
Kevaughn Allen's last 5 games:  13-49 (26.5%) and 3-22 (13.6%) from 3

If he shoots like he has been, shoots as much as he normally does, and we don't shoot like we did in the 1st half of that deplorable USCe game, we'll have a great shot at beating the Gators.  However, in typical Hog fashion, Allen will shoot 90% (the rest of the team will shoot 75%) and score 59 points, and Florida will win by 42.

Whitt shoots more frequently than Allen does. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

The Hogfather

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 08, 2016, 02:57:38 pm
Absolutely wrong.

Whitt takes more shots per minute played:  .352 vs .341

Allen
MIN   FGM-FGA
829   114-283

Whitt
MIN   FGM-FGA
542   75-191

Allen definitely put up more 3 attempts:  133(made 40 for 30%) to 16(made 6 for 37.5%) for Whitt - maybe this is where your impression has been formed

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

The Hogfather

Last 5 games:

Allen:  49 attempts in 146 minutes played:  .34 attempts/min
Whitt:  21 attempts in 70 minutes played:  .30 attempts/min

Allen:  13 makes in 146 minutes played:  .09 makes/min
Whitt:  10 makes in 70 minutes played:  .14 makes/min

Allen:  46 points in 146 minutes played:  .32 points/min
Whitt:  32 points in 70 minutes played:  .46 points/min

Allen:  22 3-point attempts in 146 minutes played:  .15 3-point attempts/min
Whitt:  7 3-pointn attempts in 70 minutes played:  .10 3-point attempts/min

Allen:  3 3-point makes in 146 minutes played:  .02 3-point makes/min
Whitt:  3 3-point makes in 70 minutes played:  .04 3-point makes/min

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 08, 2016, 03:05:44 pm
Last 5 games:

Allen:  49 attempts in 146 minutes played:  .34 attempts/min
Whitt:  21 attempts in 70 minutes played:  .30 attempts/min

Allen:  13 makes in 146 minutes played:  .09 makes/min
Whitt:  10 makes in 70 minutes played:  .14 makes/min

Allen:  46 points in 146 minutes played:  .32 points/min
Whitt:  32 points in 70 minutes played:  .46 points/min

You had no idea till you looked it up it was even comparable between the two and you have been ranting all season about Allen.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 08, 2016, 02:59:43 pm
Whitt takes more shots per minute played:  .352 vs .341

Allen
MIN   FGM-FGA
829   114-283

Whitt
MIN   FGM-FGA
542   75-191

Allen definitely put up more 3 attempts:  133(made 40 for 30%) to 16(made 6 for 37.5%) for Whitt - maybe this is where your impression has been formed

A lot of your numbers were from early in the year when Whitt was shooting way too much (I still think he shoots a little too much for where he is right now) and the Florida coaches were having to "push Kevaughn to shoot more".

The Hogfather

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 08, 2016, 03:10:14 pm
You had no idea till you looked it up it was even comparable between the two and you have been ranting all season about Allen.

I actually did know that.  We've discussed this before during the season.  Like I said, I think Whitt shoots too much for where he is right now.  Kevaughn Allen Iverson still shoots way too much, especially 3s, for his abilities.

The Hogfather

Anyway, no reason to derail this thread.  My main point was that if Allen keeps playing like complete dog doo, like he has the last 5 games, and we don't have a horrible shooting night, we have a great shot at winning.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 08, 2016, 03:18:05 pm
Anyway, no reason to derail this thread.  My main point was that if Allen keeps playing like complete dog doo, like he has the last 5 games, and we don't have a horrible shooting night, we have a great shot at winning.

Egbunu gave us problems last matchup and has had some good games recently.  Finney Smith is a difficult matchup for us. 

The Hogfather

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 08, 2016, 03:23:53 pm
Egbunu gave us problems last matchup and has had some good games recently.  Finney Smith is a difficult matchup for us. 

Egbunu is a scary dude.  Really hope Kingsley steps his game up for this one!

It really all depends on if Bell/Hannahs are getting their shots off and making a decent amount of them.