Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs South Carolina

Started by Razorbacks#1, March 05, 2016, 03:27:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

hogwood

SHUCK people walking out the building early on senior night. Fake butt fans

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Marshfieldhog

Talk about a team laying a major egg today. Geez! Leading scorer out and playing on 2 days rest. We choked today

Razorbacks#1

Well, a bad day for Razorbacks sports all around

THUNDER!

hogwood

SC 24-7. That is what we were last year. I think our team last year was much better than this SC team. NCAA is weaker this year.

jfred59

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on March 05, 2016, 05:52:47 pm
Talk about a team laying a major egg today. Geez! Leading scorer out and playing on 2 days rest. We choked today

Are you really surprised....we had won 4 in a row so we were do a big choke job and the Cocks hadnt been playing well so you knew they were going to turn it around

Atlhogfan1

Have to give Coach A credit.  He slowed down and shook hands and spoke to the opposing coach after a loss instead of the blow by. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: jfred59 on March 05, 2016, 05:54:26 pm
Are you really surprised....we had won 4 in a row so we were do a big choke job and the Cocks hadnt been playing well so you knew they were going to turn it around
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hogwood

Marshfieldhog

We had to win to make NIT, now winning 4 in a row doesn't mean much. Didn't finish the job and now lost several seeding spots in SEC tourney. Major fail job today.

JenksHawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 05, 2016, 05:54:54 pm
Have to give Coach A credit.  He slowed down and shook hands and spoke to the opposing coach after a loss instead of the blow by.

seriously? We're giving kudos to coach for slowing down and shaking hands? Talk about low expectations.

Arbonnejen

Quote from: hogwood on March 05, 2016, 05:51:35 pm
I'm with ya. The support we have are fair weather fans...sad sad sad.

PonderinHog

hogwood

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on March 05, 2016, 05:56:15 pm
We had to win to make NIT, now winning 4 in a row doesn't mean much. Didn't finish the job and now lost several seeding spots in SEC tourney. Major fail job today.

For sure. Could've been 6 seed. Now probably 8 or 9. Which might be a better place for us. We'll play FL but then have A&M. We can do that.

PonderinHog

pigmailyen

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 05, 2016, 05:58:54 pm
Post game presser, "They wanted it more ??? "

Oh, well.  He doesn't have his players yet.  Then there's the one or two who get in so much trouble it just messes you up.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: hogwood on March 05, 2016, 05:51:35 pm

Maybe they were just sore from their implant surgery.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

hogwood

lookawayquick

They wanted it more?  Why?  Whose job is it to get the players ready?  Disappointing performance today from CMA and his inconsistent team.

rickfahr

Quote from: Arbonnejen on March 05, 2016, 05:57:14 pm
I'm with ya. The support we have are fair weather fans...sad sad sad.

Fans want the team to win. If not win, at least show effort and try the entire game, and that starts with the coach.

The fans have gotten neither this year.

hogwood

Quote from: rickfahr on March 05, 2016, 06:38:24 pm
Fans want the team to win. If not win, at least show effort and try the entire game, and that starts with the coach.

The fans have gotten neither this year.

If you are a real fan you support those kids that come from other states, or our own, and play for the Hogs and graduate from the University of Arkansas no matter what! Walking out on senior night is inexcusable and despicable.

rude1

Not surprising, it's been this way all year. As I said long ago, this is a .500 basketball team. Win a few in a row, then lose a few in a row. Probably time to lose the second in a row and end the season mercifully.....................

Sow Lancelot

God, I can't express how much I frickin' hate that phrase. I mean, what the h*** are you playing the game for? How can you NOT want to win EVERY FRICKIN TIME IN EVERY FRICKIN GAME. 

H***, I want to beat the snot out of my kids at go fish.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

JoeyCapital

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on March 05, 2016, 07:09:16 pm
God, I can't express how much I frickin' hate that phrase. I mean, what the h*** are you playing the game for? How can you NOT want to win EVERY FRICKIN TIME IN EVERY FRICKIN GAME. 

I am pretty sure I agree with this post more than anything I've ever read on here.

Competitors compete.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

razCzar

Predicting 6 of the 7 conference winners ain't bad 'cept for my miss being the Hogs - and it was one of the easiest picks.

Go figure / GO HOGS 

AirWarren

The audible boos I heard from my tv was a real pleasure.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Hollywood_HOGan45

Why???? Why did they want it more in our house????
We got punked hard.

ZERO

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on March 05, 2016, 07:09:16 pm

Did you just censor the word Hell? Twice?
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

pigture perfect

This is why I don't get excited or slightly optimistic over a couple of good wins. This team reminds me of the Houston Nutt teams. They will win a few to get you feeling hopeful, only to get kicked in the nards, by playing panicked and lost.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Letsroll1200

Moses Kingsley did not lead today. The kid has improved but this was bad to average Moses.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 05, 2016, 05:54:54 pm
Yes. An improvement.

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

PonderinHog

For the record, I didn't listen to the post game presser.  That was pure speculation on my part.   ;) 

If anything, our guys probably wanted it too much.

Also, it looked like they had a bad case of pre-SECT jitters.  Well, there's no pressure now for sure.  All they gotta do now is go on another four game run and they're dancing!   :razorback:

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 05, 2016, 08:48:51 pm
Moses Kingsley did not lead today. The kid has improved but this was bad to average Moses.

What? Blame Moses? Yeah, he was bad from the line but the bench gave us nothing and Hannahs/Bell shot 11/30 from the floor. Moses can't block out everyone in an opposing jersey by himself.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

PonderinHog

It was a total team effort - or lack thereof.

TheRazorback500

Another laid egg at home. Damn.  ::)

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

jchill

Normally, I do not blame CMA, but today is the exception. I know he was trying to send a message, but the second unit either was off their game or totally outmatched by USC-E. He kept the second unit in there way too long and the deficit kept growing. He should have called a timeout and put the starters back in or sit down certain players from the first unit. We should never been down by 27. That was just plain ridiculous and embarrassing.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 06, 2016, 08:34:34 am
What? Blame Moses? Yeah, he was bad from the line but the bench gave us nothing and Hannahs/Bell shot 11/30 from the floor. Moses can't block out everyone in an opposing jersey by himself.

Not laying all the blame on Moses,  but he's become abysmal at the line.
I hate to see him fouled unless it's for a classic three point play.

Fouling him is a guarantee you'll save half or all the points.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on March 06, 2016, 01:21:50 pm
Not laying all the blame on Moses,  but he's become abysmal at the line.
I hate to see him fouled unless it's for a classic three point play.

Fouling him is a guarantee you'll save half or all the points.

Unfortunately, he's been about a 65% FT shooter in each of his three seasons. There's been more good/acceptable than bad, but yeah he has to shoot better at the stripe than he did against SC, Auburn, Tenn, and Georgia this season.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Letsroll1200

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 06, 2016, 08:34:34 am

Moses body language is terrible when something bad happens. He was getting out worked by guys that haven't played much in the SEC. I want to see the humble, hardworking Moses again.

Seems to me he has fallen in love with the headlines. I didn't like the effort at all.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on March 06, 2016, 04:47:40 pmI didn't like the effort at all.

Half of our team produced next to nothing against SC. I understand that you want/expect Moses to be a the best player on the floor, but he's doing soooo much more than everyone else.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 06, 2016, 05:16:33 pm
Half of our team produced next to nothing against SC. I understand that you want/expect Moses to be a the best player on the floor, but he's doing soooo much more than everyone else.

To much given much is required. I've watched this team all year and they feed off of Moses energy and effectiveness on both ends of the court. The crazy thing about this team is they probably will play well and beat Florida.