Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sooners strike out on O'Grady

Started by Soonerman12, April 11, 2014, 12:06:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Soonerman12

Quote from: HometownHawg on April 07, 2014, 06:30:29 pm
I think we get O'Grady. We already have Cantrell. If we pick up Moore then Gragg waits till the last minute to commit to us we will take him. In this scenario I bet they would look at moving Cantrell to DE. I think we get 3 TE's this year however we work out the numbers.

O'Grady is returning, for his second trip, this weekend to OU. It's the spring game.

870hogfan

Quote from: Soonerman12 on April 11, 2014, 12:06:43 am
O'Grady is returning, for his second trip, this weekend to OU. It's the spring game.

Cool but he will be an Hog in the end.

Soonerman12

Quote from: 870hogfan on April 11, 2014, 03:20:46 am

Cool but he will be an Hog in the end.

Yep. Just passing along info. He named his top 3. OU, UA and Texas. I will say that OU's spring game is most impressive visitor list I've ever seen for one event at OU. Hope we have a SEC-esque Bag Man standing by on Saturday.  ;)

All in good fun!

870hogfan

Quote from: Soonerman12 on April 11, 2014, 07:17:40 am
Yep. Just passing along info. He named his top 3. OU, UA and Texas. I will say that OU's spring game is most impressive visitor list I've ever seen for one event at OU. Hope we have a SEC-esque Bag Man standing by on Saturday.  ;)

All in good fun!

I know, I was just giving you a hard time. Lol

Tim Harris

Quote from: Mike_e on April 10, 2014, 08:45:29 am
Would you want to mess up your chance at 3 or 4 free all expenses paid vacations?

Cut the kid some slack.  ;)

No and that wasn't my intentions. Many expected him to commit right away even though he said he planned to wait. Many Arkansas kids say they will wait but once they get offer they commit soon after. If he wants to wait then go for it but I also don't expect us to quit recruit TEs while we wait around.
In the end I still think he is a Hog.

VT HOG

Gragg is probably going to Alabama

IBleedRazorbackRed

Quote from: VT HOG on April 12, 2014, 08:03:37 pm
Gragg is probably going to Alabama

Gragg is probably going to Arkansas

BrassNunchucks

Soonerman12

IBleedRazorbackRed

CDBHawg

Soonerman12

Quote from: CDBHawg on April 14, 2014, 01:20:05 am
When did he commit?

He's not. Just joining the predictions in this thread. He did, however, spend all weekend at OU for the second time in a little over a month. Was one of the 44k at spring game. It was actually the best visitor list for a spring game I've seen here, ever.

secneahog

Quote from: Soonerman12 on April 14, 2014, 08:38:10 am
He's not. Just joining the predictions in this thread. He did, however, spend all weekend at OU for the second time in a little over a month. Was one of the 44k at spring game. It was actually the best visitor list for a spring game I've seen here, ever.

Why did Wariboko de commit from OU.?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Soonerman12

Quote from: secneahog on April 17, 2014, 04:13:47 pm
Why did Wariboko de commit from OU.?

Wants to play with his younger brother, Max. He's a 2016 recruit. Basically, trying to parlay offers for his brother. He stated he's still got OU as his primary place, but he is hoping his by taking visits to other places it'll get his brother offers. Seems like youner Wariboko is clinging to the coat tails to the older brother. We'll see what happens. If he doesn't want to play at OU that's fine. They've won plenty of games without him, so they'll find a guy that wants to be there and compete.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Soonerman12

Wildhog

Quote from: Soonerman12 on April 17, 2014, 07:22:56 pm
You should. He might be Hog talent..  ;)

I mean, let's be honest... Probably.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

davril98

Quote from: Soonerman12 on April 17, 2014, 07:22:56 pm
You should. He might be Hog talent..  ;)
good one! Hope it doesn't stay that way!

secneahog

Quote from: Soonerman12 on April 17, 2014, 04:58:29 pm
Wants to play with his younger brother, Max. He's a 2016 recruit. Basically, trying to parlay offers for his brother. He stated he's still got OU as his primary place, but he is hoping his by taking visits to other places it'll get his brother offers. Seems like youner Wariboko is clinging to the coat tails to the older brother. We'll see what happens. If he doesn't want to play at OU that's fine. They've won plenty of games without him, so they'll find a guy that wants to be there and compete.

Potential of losing the #1 guard in the nation in your back yard is never a good thing.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Soonerman12

Quote from: secneahog on April 17, 2014, 10:03:25 pm
Potential of losing the #1 guard in the nation in your back yard is never a good thing.

We've lost several #1 players in the state the last few years. Good thing about the state of Oklahoma is that it may not produce a high quantity( avg 40 D-1 players a year), but the quality of players it produces, annually, is very high. One player does not make a class. The top tackle is Jalin Barnett. He'll be a Sooner. Top 5 safety in the country, Will Sumderland, will be a Sooner.  Overton, from Jenks, is a top 250 kid and will be a Sooner. Josh stated OU is still his top choice. Who's to say that after summer camp his brother, Max, impresses OU enough to garner an offer? If they do, Josh is a Sooner, again.

OU will have a top 10 class, as usual. OU will win with, or without, him. That's their speech to every recruit. So far, it has rang true.

secneahog

Quote from: Soonerman12 on April 18, 2014, 04:06:53 pm
We've lost several #1 players in the state the last few years. Good thing about the state of Oklahoma is that it may not produce a high quantity( avg 40 D-1 players a year), but the quality of players it produces, annually, is very high. One player does not make a class. The top tackle is Jalin Barnett. He'll be a Sooner. Top 5 safety in the country, Will Sumderland, will be a Sooner.  Overton, from Jenks, is a top 250 kid and will be a Sooner. Josh stated OU is still his top choice. Who's to say that after summer camp his brother, Max, impresses OU enough to garner an offer? If they do, Josh is a Sooner, again.

OU will have a top 10 class, as usual. OU will win with, or without, him. That's their speech to every recruit. So far, it has rang true.

Ha ok.

Soonerman12

Quote from: secneahog on April 18, 2014, 09:38:05 pm
Ha ok.

You seem like you don't believe. I guess I should just reference you to the Sugar Bowl, or any other year under Stoops.

secneahog

April 18, 2014, 11:10:54 pm #22 Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 01:02:50 am by secneahog
Quote from: Soonerman12 on April 18, 2014, 10:28:18 pm
You seem like you don't believe. I guess I should just reference you to the Sugar Bowl, or any other year under Stoops.

You'll never convince me..youll never make me a believer when you play in the big12.  Guilty by the conference.  You guys want to step up like A&m, mizzou did then great. We would get to see you go week in week out in the TOUGHEST conference in CFB.

You want to hang your hat on one bowl game that's cool.

Try playing teams like that every week and get back to me.

CDBHawg

Quote from: secneahog on April 18, 2014, 11:10:54 pm
You'll never convince me..make me a believer when you play in the big12.  Guilty by the conference.  You guys want to step up like A&m, mizzou did then great. We would get to see you go week in week out in the TOUGHEST conference in CFB.

You want to hang your right on one bowl game that's cool.

SEC!!! SEC!!! SEC!!! SEC!!! SEC!!!

Oh how I long for the day where we no longer have to brag about our conference but can actually let our team success do the talking.

Soonerman12

Quote from: secneahog on April 18, 2014, 11:10:54 pm
You'll never convince me..youll never make me a believer when you play in the big12.  Guilty by the conference.  You guys want to step up like A&m, mizzou did then great. We would get to see you go week in week out in the TOUGHEST conference in CFB.

You want to hang your hat on one bowl game that's cool.

You mean the same A&M and Mizzou who were middle of the pack in the Big 12, but with the exact same players that they played with in the Big 12 are on top of the SEC? Great logic by you. Like CB said, you brag about your conference. Only ones that do that are the teams that have to hang on the coat tails of other teams merits, not their own.

I'll hang my hat on a 4-1 record vs Bama. 3-0 in the last decade. I'll hang my hat on 8 conference titles in 14 years. I'll hang my hat on winning every bcs bowl game( only school to do that). I'll hang my hat on most wins since 2000. Shall I go on? Hey, not every school can lay claim to that kind of success. I don't need to convince you. Facts, alone, show how ridiculous your point of view is when it comes to actual reality of this debate.

870hogfan

Quote from: Soonerman12 on April 19, 2014, 01:00:23 pm
You mean the same A&M and Mizzou who were middle of the pack in the Big 12, but with the exact same players that they played with in the Big 12 are on top of the SEC? Great logic by you. Like CB said, you brag about your conference. Only ones that do that are the teams that have to hang on the coat tails of other teams merits, not their own.

I'll hang my hat on a 4-1 record vs Bama. 3-0 in the last decade. I'll hang my hat on 8 conference titles in 14 years. I'll hang my hat on winning every bcs bowl game( only school to do that). I'll hang my hat on most wins since 2000. Shall I go on? Hey, not every school can lay claim to that kind of success. I don't need to convince you. Facts, alone, show how ridiculous your point of view is when it comes to actual reality of this debate.

With that said O'Grady will be an Hog in the end.... ;D

OnTheHillHogFan

O'Grady got offered by Texass today ::hornsdown:: :razorback:
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Soonerman12

secneahog

Mizzou had one good year so far in a weak sec east.
A&m hasn't played for a conference championship,  so their not on top.

If Johnny and sumlin was in the big easy they would have shredded yall.

Soonerman12

Quote from: secneahog on April 19, 2014, 04:03:30 pm
Mizzou had one good year so far in a weak sec east.
A&m hasn't played for a conference championship,  so their not on top.

If Johnny and sumlin was in the big easy they would have shredded yall.

They struggled against Duke. OU had one of the best defenses in the country. And isn't the "weak SEC east" in the SEC that you say is so vaunted and only matters if you do well in it? Which, if I recall, they did. A&M is 11-3 vs OU since 2000. Again, I ask, where is you logic and reasoning coming from? I'll wait for a sane post. Not just your uninformed opinion. That has no facts behind it.

BrassNunchucks

Oklahoma's a great football school, you've had a ton of success, that's acknowledged. But why do you spend so much time on an Arkansas Razorback message board talking about Oklahoma? None of the people who log on to this website want to talk about Oklahoma football.

Soonerman12

Quote from: BrassNunchucks on April 21, 2014, 07:09:45 pm
Oklahoma's a great football school, you've had a ton of success, that's acknowledged. But why do you spend so much time on an Arkansas Razorback message board talking about Oklahoma? None of the people who log on to this website want to talk about Oklahoma football.

We are recruiting some if the same players. I follow the hogs. I get attacked even when I posted O'Grady will still be hog, despite his 2 visits to OU in less than a month. Some in here find it necessary to make snide remarks about OU, regardless of what I say. Of course, I am going to point out the many flaws in their statements.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Soonerman12 on April 22, 2014, 12:04:27 pm
We are recruiting some if the same players. I follow the hogs. I get attacked even when I posted O'Grady will still be hog, despite his 2 visits to OU in less than a month. Some in here find it necessary to make snide remarks about OU, regardless of what I say. Of course, I am going to point out the many flaws in their statements.

OU sucks and Oklahoma drivers piss me off.

BrassNunchucks

Quote from: Soonerman12 on April 22, 2014, 12:04:27 pm
Some in here find it necessary to make snide remarks about OU, regardless of what I say. Of course, I am going to point out the many flaws in their statements.

"Some in here" - you're on a message board for an opposing team. What do you expect?

Soonerman12

Quote from: BrassNunchucks on April 22, 2014, 01:46:53 pm
"Some in here" - you're on a message board for an opposing team. What do you expect?

After I concede a guy is going to be hog; I'd say I don't expect to be attacked.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Soonerman12 on April 22, 2014, 08:42:22 pm
After I concede a guy is going to be hog; I'd say I don't expect to be attacked.
OU sucks.

Soonerman12

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 22, 2014, 09:11:50 pm
OU sucks.

If by "sucking" you mean beating a team that beat the hogs 52-0-- in back to back years-- 45-31? Then OU does suck. Not everyone can be a cellar dweller the majority of the time.  ;)

870hogfan

Quote from: Soonerman12 on April 23, 2014, 12:01:05 am
If by "sucking" you mean beating a team that beat the hogs 52-0-- in back to back years-- 45-31? Then OU does suck. Not everyone can be a cellar dweller the majority of the time.  ;)

Go Grizzlies!

PorkRinds

Quote from: Soonerman12 on April 23, 2014, 12:01:05 am

No, OU sucks.  Not at sports, but at life.  Just for being in Oklahoma, they get a huge "we sucks" card.  Yes, it's a "we sucks" card because their grammar is horrible too.

hogwild210

Quote from: BrassNunchucks on April 21, 2014, 07:09:45 pm

No one wants to talk about Oklahoma football? Have you read this thread, or any other thread that Soonerman is in? Hogville (apparently) LOVES talking about Oklahoma football, because these threads quickly reach 6-7 pages.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogwild210 on April 23, 2014, 08:37:54 am
No one wants to talk about Oklahoma football? Have you read this thread, or any other thread that Soonerman is in? Hogville (apparently) LOVES talking about Oklahoma football, because these threads quickly reach 6-7 pages.

Only thing worse than Oklahoma drivers is an OU fan. Worse than that?  An OU fan talking about Stoops and his buck teeth.  Unfortunately there are way too many that fit into all three categories, leaving you with the trifecta of horribleness. 

Soonerman12

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 23, 2014, 08:22:31 am
No, OU sucks.  Not at sports, but at life.  Just for being in Oklahoma, they get a huge "we sucks" card.  Yes, it's a "we sucks" card because their grammar is horrible too.

I would debate, but I think if you googled top overall universities you'd see where my degree is from a top 100 institution. I'll let you find where an Arkanasas degree is from.

As for you bashing the state of Oklahoma? I'll go ahead and say that, outside of Austin, Raliegh and Charlotte, there's no city growing faster than okc. There's no state with lower unemployment. People are moving here in droves. Must be something right for all the Californians and Texans moving to Oklahoma at an alarming rate, right?

Okc metro grew by 75k in three years(2010-2013). That's a 5.75 percent jump. At the current pace okc metro will be near 1.7 mil by 2020. It was at 1.1 million in 2010. Just food for thought.

RazorPiggie

ricepig

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on April 23, 2014, 10:22:11 am
Trash Can please.

No, just trash the Okie, if he wants espouse the greatness of OU, let him do it on their board. If he doesn't like being talked down on here, just go away.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Soonerman12 on April 23, 2014, 10:08:51 am
I would debate, but I think if you googled top overall universities you'd see where my degree is from a top 100 institution. I'll let you find where an Arkanasas degree is from.

As for you bashing the state of Oklahoma? I'll go ahead and say that, outside of Austin, Raliegh and Charlotte, there's no city growing faster than okc. There's no state with lower unemployment. People are moving here in droves. Must be something right for all the Californians and Texans moving to Oklahoma at an alarming rate, right?

Okc metro grew by 75k in three years(2010-2013). That's a 5.75 percent jump. At the current pace okc metro will be near 1.7 mil by 2020. It was at 1.1 million in 2010. Just food for thought.

OU sucks.  Oklahoma is the rear end of the United States, and Norman is the bunghole.  OKC, it's just a cheek, but it's still the rear end of the US. Just a bit more food for thought.