Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Class of 2015 TE's

Started by WBC Hog, April 07, 2014, 06:26:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WBC Hog

As you already know, our latest commit is Austin Cantrell. We have 2 big time TE's in the state that we're going hard at in Will Gragg and CJ O'Grady. And I've saw some of you say that Josh Moore from Kansas is close to committing.

From the reaction of O'Grady after receiving an offer from the Hogs, he seems all Hog.

Idk any inside info on Gragg, but I think he's our in the end.

I'm obviously not one of the coaches on staff but I think to take 4 TE's in a class is a little much. I know the depth would be nice but I think we could use those spots elsewhere.

What do y'all think?

HometownHawg

I think we get O'Grady. We already have Cantrell. If we pick up Moore then Gragg waits till the last minute to commit to us we will take him. In this scenario I bet they would look at moving Cantrell to DE. I think we get 3 TE's this year however we work out the numbers.

Hey Super

Pretty sure that I heard we recruited Cantrell as a DE. His size and speed make sense.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

HometownHawg

Quote from: LongHog on April 07, 2014, 06:33:38 pm
Pretty sure that I heard we recruited Cantrell as a DE. His size and speed make sense.
It may depend on how we do at both positions recruiting. His highlight shows him to be a playmaker on offense so I hope he gets a chance there.

hawgwild child

Obviously this is pure speculation on my part, with all the other TE's that we are looking at, could u guys possibly see Cantrell playing some FB.  I think i heard he got some carries from the running back position and being a TE he surely wouldnt be a bad blocker.  At 6'3 250 that sure seems like a heck of a load to be running at you

HometownHawg

Quote from: hawgwild child on April 07, 2014, 06:42:30 pm
Obviously this is pure speculation on my part, with all the other TE's that we are looking at, could u guys possibly see Cantrell playing some FB.  I think i heard he got some carries from the running back position and being a TE he surely wouldnt be a bad blocker.  At 6'3 250 that sure seems like a heck of a load to be running at you
If put on offense I could see Cantrell being a Joker type of player like James Casey when he played for Rice University. They had him running sweeps as a tight end.
Idk if it would be to that extent but with his potential we could get really creative with him offensively.

Mike_e

At 6'3" two-fidy he'd make a monster of a fullback too.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

WBC Hog

I knew Jamario Bell played both DE and TE but I didn't know that Cantrell played both ways. In that case, who are some other DE's we are after?

trashcan maN

Already chirpings of Cantrell being a possible FB as well. I habent heard DE as someone said above but I wouldnt doubt it.

BB likes to play up to 3 TE at once..We will likely keep 6 or more TE on schollie most of the time IMO

HometownHawg

Quote from: WBC Hog on April 07, 2014, 07:12:43 pm
I knew Jamario Bell played both DE and TE but I didn't know that Cantrell played both ways. In that case, who are some other DE's we are after?
Some names that have been mentioned are James Lockhart and Jashon Cornell. Lockhart is a recent name but Cornell is a guy that we heard about when Ragnow committed because it has been mentioned they would like to play together.

Another guy to look out for is Jeremy Sprinkle's brother Daniel. He is a TE/DE, who has been said has the most potential of the Sprinkle brothers.

There will be more names coming throughout the year but that is the names that come to mind right now.

OnTheHillHogFan

Right now when the 2015 class gets to campus we will have Mitchell Lowen Rs Sr, Voelzke(sp?) Rs Sr, Henry Jr, Sprinkle Rs jr and Jack Kraus as a Rs Fr. If we took four TE's it wouldn't surprise me because every year I see 4 TEs getting meaningful playing time in this offense.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

PorkRinds

Quote from: HometownHawg on April 07, 2014, 07:23:25 pm
Some names that have been mentioned are James Lockhart and Jashon Cornell. Lockhart is a recent name but Cornell is a guy that we heard about when Ragnow committed because it has been mentioned they would like to play together.

Another guy to look out for is Jeremy Sprinkle's brother Daniel. He is a TE/DE, who has been said has the most potential of the Sprinkle brothers.

There will be more names coming throughout the year but that is the names that come to mind right now.

My nephew has the same pitching coach as the younger Sprinkle, and I don't see him doing anything BUT going pro in baseball.  He could make it in football, but dude is throwing 90mph+ in high school.  He's absolutely amazing on the baseball field.  Best pitcher I've ever seen. 

hawgmasta

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 08, 2014, 10:37:57 am
My nephew has the same pitching coach as the younger Sprinkle, and I don't see him doing anything BUT going pro in baseball.  He could make it in football, but dude is throwing 90mph+ in high school.  He's absolutely amazing on the baseball field.  Best pitcher I've ever seen.

Could he go to the UofA and play both? I'd say pitching is one of the things Van Horn's staff is known for developing.

Mike_e

Quote from: hawgmasta on April 09, 2014, 12:14:35 am
Could he go to the UofA and play both? I'd say pitching is one of the things Van Horn's staff is known for developing.

What, and miss all of those years of fast food, broken down busses and parks and the cheap hotels?

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawgmasta on April 09, 2014, 12:14:35 am

I'm betting he goes pro.  I don't really know him on a personal level, but everything I've heard about him from folks close to him says he will go pro in baseball.  You never know, with his brother already on the hill, but I wouldn't count on it.

Tim Harris

My guess is we take 3 TEs this year.  I don't see them taking O'Grady and Moore without getting an answer from Gragg first.

Also I just checked 247 and Rivals and neither show Moore with an offer yet.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on April 09, 2014, 10:05:56 am
My guess is we take 3 TEs this year.  I don't see them taking O'Grady and Moore without getting an answer from Gragg first.

Also I just checked 247 and Rivals and neither show Moore with an offer yet.

Don't you just mean Moore? They aren't going to slow play O'Grady.

Wildhog

ESPN says Barry Lunney is an all-universe, top-five recruiter.  He should have no problem getting both Gragg and O'Grady.

/s
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Tim Harris

Quote from: ricepig on April 09, 2014, 10:54:59 am
Don't you just mean Moore? They aren't going to slow play O'Grady.

O'Grady has held an offer for how long now though?  Most (including myself) expected him to commit on the spot so not sure what the hold up is.  Moore doesn't have an offer so that kind of eliminates him anyways.  Personally I think they take O'Grady when/if he wants to commit and then wait it out for Gragg but they will probably keep a few other guys in the mix who can come in for a visit late if they don't get Gragg.

ricepig

Quote from: Tim Harris on April 09, 2014, 01:55:21 pm
O'Grady has held an offer for how long now though?  Most (including myself) expected him to commit on the spot so not sure what the hold up is.  Moore doesn't have an offer so that kind of eliminates him anyways.  Personally I think they take O'Grady when/if he wants to commit and then wait it out for Gragg but they will probably keep a few other guys in the mix who can come in for a visit late if they don't get Gragg.

How many kids commit on the spot now days, or at least for us? I think they take O'Grady's commit, whenever it comes. He stated early on th a he wanted to do it at an AA game, all the kids want their moment these days. I think we sign a minimum of three, and probably 2 TE/DE types.

Mike_e

Quote from: Tim Harris on April 09, 2014, 01:55:21 pm

Would you want to mess up your chance at 3 or 4 free all expenses paid vacations?

Cut the kid some slack.  ;)